Michael Greenberg is a very popular New Yorker. He is not famous in sports or the arts, but people in the streets （1） him, especially those who are （2） .
For those people, he is "Gloves" Greenberg. How did he get that （3）?
He looks like any other businessman, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase (公文箱). But he's （4） . His briefcase always has some gloves.
In winter, Mr. Greenberg does not （5） like other New Yorkers, who look at the sidewalk and （6） the street. He looks around at （7） . He stops when he （8） someone with no gloves. He gives them a pair and then he （9） , looking for more people with cold （10） .
On winter days, Mr. Greenberg （11） gloves. During the rest of the year, he （12） gloves. People who have heard about him （13） him gloves, and he has many in his apartment.
Mr. Greenberg （14） doing this 21 years ago. Now, many poor New Yorkers know him and （15） his behavior. But people who don't know him are sometimes （16） him. They don't realize that he just wants to make them（17） .
It runs in the （18） . Michael's father always helped the poor as he believed it made everyone happier. Michael Greenberg feels the （19） . A pair of gloves may be a （20） thing, but it can make a big difference in winter.
1. A. know about B. learn from C. cheer for D. look after
2. A. old B. busy C. kind D. poor
3. A. job B. name C. chance D. message
4. A. calm B. different C. crazy D. curious
5. A. act B. sound C. feel D. dress
6. A. cross over B. drive along C. hurry down D. keep off
7. A. cars B. people C. street numbers D. traffic lights
8. A. helps B .chooses C. greets D. sees
9. A. holds up B. hangs out C. moves on D. turns around
10. A. hands B. ears C. faces D. eyes
11. A. searches for B. stores up C. gives away D. puts on
12. A. borrows B. sells C. returns D. buys
13. A. call B. send C. lend D. show
14. A. delayed B. remembered C. began D. enjoyed
15. A. understand B. dislike C. study D. excuse
16. A. sorry for B. satisfied with C. proud of D. surprised by
17. A. smart B. rich C. special D. happy
18. A. city B. family C. neighborhood D. company
19. A. honor B. pain C. same D. cold
20. A. small B. useful C. delightful D. comforting