1. …as soon as… 一… 就…
Mary will tell her brother this message as soon as he sees him.
We went climbing as soon as we arrived / got / reached there.
2. as + adj./adv.+ as… …和…一样(的 / 地)…
not as(so)…as… …不如 / 不比 … ….
Li Lei runs as fast as Jim.
John is not as (so) old as you.
This TV series is not as (so) interesting as that one.
3. as +adj./adv.+ as possible 尽可能 … 的 / 地 …
We should speak English as much as possible in English class.
Can you read the sentence as slowly as possible?
4. ask sb for sth 向某人要求某物
When you get lost, you can ask the police for help.
Some students often ask their parents for money to play video games.
He asked his parents for a bicycle as his birthday present.
5. ask/ tell sb. (how) to do sth 询问 / 告诉 某人如何做某事
Many students often ask their teachers how to learn English well.
Let me tell you how to send an e-mail.
6. ask / tell /want sb (not) to do sth. 要求(让)/ 告诉 / 想要 某人 做(不做)某事
The nurse told me to take this medicine three times a day after meals.
The teacher often tells me to study harder.
He asked me not to make the same mistake again.
7. make/ let /have sb. (not) do sth 使 / 让 某人做(不做)某事
He made the child cry loudly.
He made me wait for long (for a long time) at the gate of the cinema yesterday.
Mother didn’t let us play football until we finished our homework.
That boss made the workers work (for) ten hours a day.
8. be afraid of doing / to do/that 害怕 / 不敢 做某事
The little girl is afraid to go out in the evening / at night.
He is afraid of staying at home alone.
许多人担心他们会失去工作。(be afraid that)
Many people are afraid that they will lose their jobs.
9. be busy with sth. / doing sth. 忙于某事 / 做某事
Now students are busy preparing for the exams.
Mother was busy with housework yesterday afternoon.
Mother was busy doing housework yesterday afternoon.
10. be famous / late /ready / sorry for sth.
因…而著名 / (做)…迟到了 / 晚了 / 为…准备 / 为… 而抱歉
If you don’t hurry, you will be late for work.
Hangzhou is famous for silk.
We have been ready for the Olympic Games.
I am sorry for my mistake.
11. be glad that 很高兴…
I am very glad that you can come to the evening party.
The teacher was very glad that our class was the first / won the first prize.
12. give/ show/ bring/ lend/ send/ pass/ tell / offer sth to sb
buy/give/ show/ send/ pass/ bring/ lend/ tell sb. sth
Please pass me a piece of paper.
=Please pass a piece of paper to me.
Please show me your picture.
=Please show your picture to me
He lent me a bike.
=He lent a bike to me.
Don’t forget to bring me some money when you come here next time.
= Don’t forget to bring some money to me when you come here next time.
13. either…or… 或… 或…, 不是… 就是…, 要么…要么…
Either you or he is right. V. 就近原则
We either go to a park or stay at home every weekend. (at/on weekends.)
People can either read newspapers or watch TV to get to know the world.
14. neither…nor… 既不… 也不…, 两者都不…
Neither he nor I have ever read this book. V. 就近原则
The girl is already ten, but she can neither read nor write.
15. enjoy/ finish/mind/ keep/ practise/go on doing sth.
We should often practice speaking English.
My grandma has kept doing exercise in the morning for ten years.
16. find /think / feel + it + adj. (for sb.)to do sth. 发现/ 认为/觉得 做某事 如何
More and more people have found it unhealthy to eat too many hamburgers.
A lot of students have found it very hard to make friends at college.
17. get + adj. 的比较级 + and + adj. 的比较级 变得越来越…
It gets warmer and warmer on the earth.
Spring is coming and it’s getting warmer and warmer.
Beijing is becoming more and more beautiful.
18. The + adj./adv.的比较级， the + adj./adv.的比较级。 越..., 就越…。
The colder it is, the more people wear.
The more trees we plant, the cleaner the air will be.
The more we practice speaking English, the better we can speak.
The stronger you are, the less chance you will catch a cold.
19. It is + 序数词+ adj./adv.的较高级 + n.
The Yellow River is the second longest river in China.
He runs the second fastest in our class.
20. one of the + 较高级 + n. (pl.) 是最…之一者
Yao Ming is one of the best basketball players in the world.
Sanya is one of the most beautiful cities in China.
21. be/get ready for… 为… 做准备
get … ready 准备好…
Beijing is getting ready for the Olympic Games.
Ms. / Mr. Liu asked us to get the paper and pens ready for the dictation in class.
22. had better (not) do sth. 最好(不)做某事
You’d better go home earlier after school.
You’d better not take an airplane to Macau / not fly to Macau / not go to Macau by air.
23. help sb. (to) do sth. 帮助某人做某事
help sb. with sth. 在某方面帮助某人
I was helping my mother (to) wash clothes at 4 o’clock yesterday afternoon.
Students help farmers with the apple harvest every year.
24. I don’t think that… 我认为 / 想 / 觉得 …不…。
I don’t think he should give up learning English.
He has got a fever. I don’t think he will go for a picnic tomorrow.
25. would like sth.
would like to do sth.
would like sb. to do sth.
Would you like something to drink?
Would you like to drink something?
Would you like to go to the New Year concert with me?
I would like him to buy a dictionary for me.
26. It is + adj. + for sb. to do sth. 对某人来说，做某事……
It is very difficult for them to remember so many words.
It’s quite necessary for students to do the eye exercises.
27. It’s good / better / best / bad / worse / worst (for sb.) to do
做某事 好 / 更好 / 最好 / 糟糕 (很不好) / 更糟糕 / 最糟糕
It’s good to take a walk / go for a walk after dinner / supper.
It’s better for them to take an airplane to Sanya / to fly to Sanya.
It’s very bad to read in strong sun.
28. It’s good / bad for… 对……有好处 / 不好。
It’s good for your lungs to practice swimming.
(Practicing swimming is good for your lungs.)
29. It is a good idea to do sth. 做某事是个好主意。
It is a good idea to have a picnic tomorrow.
It is a good idea to hold / have a birthday party for him.
30. sth. looks /sounds/smells/tastes/feels like …
某物 看上去 / 听起来 / 闻起来 / 尝起来 / 摸起来(感觉) 像 ……
This kind of sweets look like glass.
This piece of cake tastes like strawberries.
His suggestion sounds like a good idea.
1. allow sb. to do sth. 允许某人去做某事
My father allowed me to go out for a walk after finishing my homework.
2. asked sb. (not) to do sth. 叫某人做事某事(叫某人不要去做某事)
My father asked me to study hard. He asked me not to swim alone.
be asked to do sth. 被叫去做某事/被邀请去做某事
I was asked to have a dinner with them yesterday.
3. be afraid to do sth. 害怕做某事 She is afraid to ask me questions.
4. be afraid of doing sth. 害怕做某事 I am afraid of going out at night.
5. be afraid of sth. 害怕某物 He is afraid of snakes.
6. be amazed to do sth. 对做某事感到惊讶 He was amazed to meet the girl there.
be amazed at sth. 对某事感到惊讶 they were amazed at the news
7. be busy doing/with sth. 忙于做某事 (常考)
I was busy washing my car at that time. 那时候我正忙于清洗我的车子。
I am busy with my work.
8. be coming/going/leaving/fiying/moving/dying(某些位移动词用进行时态时表将来)
the bus is coming/the dog is dying.
9. be excited to do sth. 对做……感到兴奋 Jacky was excited to travel there by plane.
be excited at sth. Lily was excited at his words.
be excited about doing sth.
He was excited about passing the exam without going overing books.
10. be frightened to do sth. 害怕去做某事 Sam is frightened to ride a horse.
11. be glad/happy to do sth. 高兴去做某事 She is happy to clean the blackboard with me.
be pleased to do sth. 高兴做某事 She was pleased to help the old man yesterday
be pleased with sth. 对某事感到高兴/满意 the teacher was pleased with my answer.
12. be interested in sth./doing sth. 对某事感兴趣/对做某事感兴趣
She is interested in swimming in the river. My brother is interested in Chinese.
13. be/get ready for/to do sth.
Be ready for sth. 为某事做好了准备 We are ready for the exam.
Be ready to do sth. 为做某事做好了准备We are ready to have a birthday party for her.
get ready for sth.为某事在做准备 We are getting ready for the exam.
get ready for sth. 为做某事而做准备
13. be sorry to do sth. 对做某事感到抱歉
14. be surprised to do sth. 对做某事感到惊奇 be surprised at sth. 对某事感到惊奇
15. be worth doing sth. 值得做某事 (worth 后接动词-ing形式，常考)
16. begin to do sth. begin/start to do/doing sth.
17. can/be able to afford (to buy) sth. 有能力购买(供)……
18. can/may/must do sth. could/would/should/might do sth.
19. can’t wait to do sth. 迫不急待地去做某事
20. decide to do sth. 决定去做某事
make up one’s mind to do sth. 下决心去做某事 (常考) make a decision to do sth. 对做某事作出决定
21. deserve to do sth. 值得/应该做……
22. encourage sb. to do sth. 鼓励某人去做某事
23. enjoy doing sth. 乐意去做某事
24. expect (sb.) to do sth. 期望去做某事
25. fail to do sth. 做某事失败 succeed doing sth. 成功做了某事
26. finish doing sth. 做完某事(后接动词-ing形式) (常考)
27. follow sb to do sth. 跟随某人去做某事
28. get sb. to do sth. make sb. do sth. let sb. do sth.
29. get/have a chance to do sth. 得到一个做某事的机会
30. give/pass/show/lend/sell sb. sth./ sth. to sb. buy/get/bring sb. sth. / sth. for sb.
31. go on to do sth. 继续做事(常考) go on doing sth. 继续做事(常考)
32. hate to do/doing sth. 讨厌/不喜欢做某事
33. have fun doing sth.
34. have problems doing sth. 做某事遇到困难
35. have sb. do sth. have sth. done have sth. to do 有事要做