wear, put on, have on, dress, be in, try on
(1) wear v. 穿着;戴;蓄须(发);磨损;(脸容)呈现，显出
He is wearing an overcoat today.
wear out (把) 穿破;(把) 用坏;(使) 疲乏;(使) 耗尽
I have worn out my shoes. / My patience wore (was worn) out.
(2) put on 穿上;戴上(侧重穿着的动作)
Put on your sweater, otherwise you will feel cold.
(3) dress vt. 给……穿衣服 n. 衣服;连衣裙
dress sb. (in sth.) 或 be dressed (in sth.) 注意：穿的衣服接在in之后。
Mother dressed her baby and then they went downstairs.
(4) have on 表示穿着的状态，注意不能用进行时。
At the Spring Festival, all children have on new clothes.
(5) be in表示穿着的状态 There was a girl in red.
(6) try on 试穿 Mother was trying on a new dress.