必修 1 Unit 5 Nelson Mandela关系副词引导的定语从句
China is the only country where wild pandas can be found.
This is the house where I lived two years ago.
The hotel where we stayed wasn’t clean.
＝The hotel at which we stayed wasn’t clean.
The house where LuXun once lived is being repaired now.
=The house in which LuXun once lived is being repaired now.
The library where students often study was on fire last night.
The library, which was built in the 1930s,needs repairing.
The library that/ which you visited yesterday was built in 1990.
3. 如果定语从句分别修饰point, situation, stage, condition和case等表示抽象意义的词，常用where 引导，意思是“到了某种地步，在某种境况中”。但并非所有的情况都如此。
…until today we have reached a stage where we have almost no rights at all.直到今天我们已到了几乎没有任何权利的地步。
The country is in the situation where a war will break out at any time.
I’ve come to the point where I can’t stand him.
—Do you have anything to say for yourself?
—Yes, there’s one point that we must insist on .
1. It’s helpful to put children in a situation _______ they can see themselves differently.
A. that B. when C. which D. where
2. Life is like a long race _____we compete with others to go beyond ourselves.
A. why B. what C. that D. where
3. I have reached a point in my life I am supposed to make decisions of my own.
A. which B. where C. how D. why
4. They will fly to Washington, ___ they plan to stay for two or three days.
A. where B. there C. which D. when
答案：D D B A
The time when I first met Nelson Mandela was a very difficult period of my life.
We will put off the outing until next week, when we won’t be so busy.
I still remember the time when (during which ) I lived in the countryside.
I will never forget the days when ( on which ) we worked together.
I’ll never forget the time that / which I spent on campus.
I’ll never forget the time that/ which was spent with you.
1. Because of the financial crisis, days are gone _____ local 5-star hotels charged 6,000 yuan for one night.
A. if B. when C. which D. since
2. We went through a period ___ communications were very difficult in the rural areas.
A. which B. whose C. in which D. with which
why引导的定语从句其先行词往往是表示原因的名词，如：excuse ; explanation; reason等。
The reason why he didn’t come to the party is that he didn’t want to see Jane.
We can’t accept the excuse why you were absent.
This is the explanation why they put off the meeting.
1. 关系副词why引导的定语从句可以转换为for +which 引导的定语从句。
This is the reason why ( = for which ) I didn’t come here.
The reason that/ which she gave was not true.
1) The reason ________he didn’t come was that he was ill.
2) The reason _________he explained is not true.
答案：1) why 2) that/ which