1. Not until I began to work ____ how much time I had wasted.
A. didn't I realize B. did I realize
C. I didn't realize D. I realized
2. Only by practising a few hours every day ____ be able to master the language.
A. you can B. can you C. you will D. will you
3. If you don't go， neither ____.
A. shall I B. do I C. I do D. I shall
4. No sooner ____ to the station ____ the train left.
A. had I got， when B. I had got， than
C. had I got， than D. did I get， when
5. —— Your father is very strict with you.
____. He never lets off a single mistake of ours.
A. So he is B. So is he C. He is so D. So does he
6. ____ today， he would get there by Sunday.
A. Would he leave B. Was he leaving
C. Were he to leave D. If he leave
7. Never in my life ____ such a thing.
A. I have heard or have seen B. have I heard or seen
C. I have heard or seen D. did I hear or see
8. —— Here ____! Where is Xiao Liu?
A. comes the bus， is he B. comes the bus， he is
C. the bus comes， is he D. the bus comes， he is
9. ____ ， I will not buy it.
A. Much as do I like it B. As much I like it
C. Much as I like it D. As I like it much
10. —— I like football. I don't like volleyball.
A. So do I B. Neither do I
C. So it is with me D. So is it with me
11. _____ the expense， I _____ to Italy.
A. If it were not， go
B. Were it not for， would go
C. Weren't it for， will go
D. If it hadn't been， would have gone
12. So _____ in the darkness that he didn't dare to move an inch.
A. he was frightened B. was he frightened
C. frightened he was D. frightened was he
13. —— In modem times， girls like beautiful clothes.
Yes, _____ and . After all, our life has greatly improved.
A. so do they， so do you
B. so they do， so you do
C. so do they， so you do
D. so they do， so do you
14. —— You have an English class every day except Sunday.
A. So we have B. So we do
C. So have we D. So do we
15. I wonder if your wife will go to the ball. If your wife _____， so _____ mine.
A. does， will B. will， does
C. will， would D. does， do
16. Only after I read the text over again _____ its main idea.
A. that I knew B. did I knew
C. 1 could know D. I did know
17. —— You seem to have learned all the English words by heart.
A. So l do B. So do l C. So I have D. So have I
18. —— I seldom watch TV， but listen to the radio a lot.
A. So do I B. Neither do I
C. I m the same D. So it is with me
19. So excited _____ that he couldn't say a word.
A. he seemed B. did he seem
C. was he seeming D. he did look
20. Jimmy was so nervous not a single word _____ down in the dictation.
A. he wrote B. he was written
C. did he write D. was he written
21. Little ______ when 1 took the trip where it would lead me.
A. have I known B. had I known
C. do 1 know D. did I know
22. —— Have you ever seen anything like that before?
A. No， I never have seen anything like that before
B. No， never I have seen anything like that before
C. No， never have 1 seen anything like that before
D. No， I have seen anything like that before never
23. _____ ， 1 would accept the invitation and go to the party.
A. Were I you B. Was I you
C. Had I been you D. Would 1 be you
24. You should work less _____.
A. and neither should I B. and so should I
C. and nor should I D. and so I should
25. _____ and caught the mouse.
A. Up the cat jumped B. The cat up jumped
C. Up jumped the cat D. Jumped up the cat
26. Not only _____ a promise， but also he kept it.