01. We can't ___ one to change the habits of a lifetime in a short time.
A. hope B. wait C. expect D. imagine
02. The noise was so ____ that only those with excellent hearing were aware of it.
A. dim B. soft C. faint D. gentle
03. His landlady gave him a week's ___ to leave the flat.
A. threat B. notice C. advice D. caution
04. Even if they are on sale, these refrigerators are equal in price to, if not more expensive than, ___ at the other store.
A. anyone B. the others C. that D. the ones
05. When I took his temperature, it was two degrees above ___.
A. average B. ordinary C. regular D. normal
06. It is clear that the whole world is passing through a social revolution in which a central _____ must be taken by scientists and technologists.
A. process B. attention C. measure D. part
07. These plastic flowers look so ___ that many people think they are real.
A. beautiful B. natural C. artificial D. similar
08. When I worked as the general manager of the firm, I sometimes had ___ to visit London on business.
A. opportunity B. possibility C. occasion D. chance
09. The most important ___ of his speech was that we should all work whole-heartedly for the people.
A. element B. spot C. sense D. point
10. It has always been the ___ of our firm to encourage workers to take part in social activities.
A. plan B. campaign C. procedure D. policy 关键字：高二英语词汇 英语词汇练习题 英语词汇专项练习