Unit 5 Canada — “The True North”
1. What will the man do?
A. Open the window. B. Find another room. C. Go out with the woman.
2. What’s the date of the woman’s birthday?
A. March 15th. B. March 11th. C. March 7th.
3. What does the man mean?
A. John has some personal problems.
B. The problem is common for young men.
C. It’s not common for young men to leave home.
4. What will the man most probably do?
A. Get some change from Jane.
B. Go and look for a payphone.
C. Use Jane’s mobile phone.
5. What does the man mean?
A. It was impossible for him to go to the party.
B. Everybody was surprised by his appearance at the party.
C. He had expected to go to the party for a long time.
6. Why does the woman want to go to the library?
A. To return some books.
B. To borrow some new books.
C. To find some test papers.
7. When does the library close?
A. At 9:00. B. At 9:40. C. At 10:00.
8. What does the man ask the woman to do?
A. He asks her to return some books for him.
B. He asks her to borrow some books for him.
C. He asks her to go to the library with him.
9. What was the man doing when the story happened?
A. Sleeping. B. Swimming. C. Listening to the radio.
10. What happened to the little boy?
A. His eye was hurt by the sand.
B. He couldn’t find his parents.
C. He fell into the water.
11. What did the man do after hearing someone shouting for help?
A. He went on enjoying the music.
B. He looked for the boy’s parents.
C. He jumped into the water.
12. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Husband and wife. C. Manager and secretary.
13. Where are the two speakers going?
A. The airport. B. The railway station. C. The bus station.
14. Why do the speakers call Brenda?
A. To ask her to change clothes.
B. To ask her when Mother arrives.
C. To ask her if she can go with them. #p#分页标题#e#
15. Where is Mary going?
A. Her home. B. The park. C. The zoo.
16. Why doesn’t Mary like walking through the street?
A. It’s too cold.
B. There are too many people.
C. It isn’t interesting.
17. When does the conversation most likely take place?
A. Late in the morning. B. In the late afternoon. C. Early in the morning.
18. When did Grandma Moses turn to painting?
A. At the age of 76. B. At the age of 39. C. At the age of 101.
19. What did Grandma Moses do before she became an artist?
A. She sold other artists’ works in a shop.
B. She worked on her farm.
C. She taught at a school.
20. What is the story mainly about?
A. A famous American artist.
B. Making money from painting.
C. Collecting paintings.关键字：人教新课标 人教英语必修三 人教必修三unit5 单项填空 书面表达