1. He looks handsome and gentle， but a_________ he is a thief.
2. Pronunciation and grammar is quite important in English learning. And so is v____________.
3. He went to Britain， hoping to learn s___________ English there.
4. ;A____________ ; is often used in American English while ;flat; is used in British English.
5. Some English people have a strong a__________ ， which adds difficulties to our understanding of them.
6. Many s__________ have been built in Guangzhou. As a result， people can travel much faster than before.
7. If you don‘t know how to use the medicine， read the d____________ carefully before using it.
8. Our city used to be very old， but now it has become a m______ one.
9. When we are in other countries， we should respect the c___________ there.
10. Excuse me， Professor Li， can you be p_________ at our meeting tomorrow？
1. I can hardly _____ my friend John who is wearing dark glasses. A. know B. see C. recognize D. realize
2. Western dinner usually ________ an aperitif， main course， dessert and coffee. A. includes B. is C. remains D. holds
3. Hong Kong was once ________ by the British before she returned to China in 1997. A. commended B. ruled C. managed D. controlled
4. I request that you __________ the task on time. A. finished B. should finish C. could finish D. would finish
5. _________ which direction should we go， west or east？A. On B. To C. In D. With
6. Mike is always gentle and __________. He is a man of culture. A. pleased B. amazing C. happy D. polite
7. It is said that living ________ nature may help people live longer. A. came to B. far from C. close D. closely
8. The problem ________ at the meeting yesterday. A. came to B. came across C. came up D. came up with
9. We should ________ to study. A. make time good used B. make good uses of time C. use of time D. make good use of time.
10. The famous film is ________ a Chinese fairy tale. A. basing at B. abased in C. bases on D. to base at
一、1. actually 2. vocabulary 3. standard 4. Apartment 5. accent
6. subways 7.directions 8. modern 9. culture 10. present
二、1-5 CABBC 6-10 DACDB