Unit 1 Good friends
1. be loyal to 对;;忠诚
2. It is + adj.表批评或赞扬） + of sb. to do sth. = sb. + be adj. to do sth. 某人做某事是;;
e.g. It is kind of you to say so.= You are kind to say so.
3. A good friend is someone who makes me happy.
make /find +object. +adj. e.g. make our classroom clean; find it useful make sb. do sth.) = have sb. do sth. = get sb. to do sth.
4. argue with / against sb. argue about / over / on sth. argue with sb. about / over sth.
argue sb. into/out of +n. 说服某人做/停止做某事
5. solve the problem 解决问题 solution 名词）
6. especially ;尤其；特别地;，用来加强语气，常用于所强调的主语、介词短语、形容词及when引导的从句之前。
7. give reasons for sth. 为某事给出原因
8. so / neither / nor + 助动词 / 系动词 / 情态动词＋主语＋动词) 表示与前面情况相同 so＋主语＋助动词/系动词/情态动词 表示对前面所说情况的赞成或认同 e.g. ①I don’t like enjoy singing, nor / neither do I like computers. ②Rock music is OK, and so is skiing. ③ - He works very hard. - So he does.
9. hate vt. 憎恶，憎恨；厌恶，很不喜欢，句型为：hate sth. / sb.；hate doing / to do sth.；hate sb. doing / to do sth.
10. be into =be fond of 对某事有兴趣，喜欢;;
11. surf the Internet= go on the Internet 上网
12. all the time 一直，始终
13. imagine doing sth. 想像做某事
14. alone adj. 单独的,独自的只能作表语）
adv. 单独地 e.g. ①She watches TV when she is alone. 独自一人时,她便看电视。
②For years Mary lived alone in New York. 玛丽孤身一人在纽约生活了好几年。
lonely adj. 1. 孤独的,孤寂的 2. 偏僻的,人迹罕至的 既可作表语，也可作定语）
15. play = act e.g. Tom Hanks plays a man named Chuck Noland.
16. so...that... 如此;;以至于;;，that在此引导结果状语从句有时可能省略)
so + adj. / adv. + that; so + adj. + an) + n + that; so few /many + 复数名词 + that; so much /little+不可数名词 + that;
区别：such + an) + adj. + n. + that; such + adj. +不可数名词/复数名词注：这里的adj.不能是many, much, few, little，如果加这些形容词，用so;that;）
17. One day Chuck is on a flight across the Pacific Ocean when suddenly his plane crashes.
When= at that time/at that moment)是一个并列连词的作用，表示前一个动作正在进行时突然发生此事。多用于句型：be doing;when;，be about to do ;when;，句中is on a flight等于is flying。例如：①He is about to go when the telephone rang。她正要出去这时电话铃响了。 ②I was walking on the street yesterday when I saw an old friend。昨天正在街上走着忽然碰上一个老朋友。#p#分页标题#e#
18. a deserted island 荒岛
19. survive： continue to live or exist 幸存；活下来
e.g. Her parents died in the SARS epidemic, but she survived. 她的双亲在;非典;流行时去世，但是她幸存下来。
20. all alone = all by oneself 独自地；完全靠自己；独立地
21. hunt for 搜索；追寻；寻找
22. make a) fire 生火
23. in order to 为了;;
e.g. We started early in order to arrive before dark.为了在天黑前到达,我们很早就动身了
1) so as to;= in order to...，但前者一般不用于句首 2) 否定式在to前加not 3) 相应的目的状语从句由so that...或in order that...引导
24. develop a friendship with sb. 与某人发展友谊
25. even though=even if 即使
26. treat;as; 把;;看作;;
27. realizerealize) vt. 认识;明白;实现。
例: ① I didn't realize this until you told me. 直到你告诉了我才认识到这一点。
②Finally I realized what he meant.最后我明白了他的意思。
③ In the end he realized his hope for being an artist. 最后他实现了当艺术家的意愿。
28. share happiness and sorrow 同甘共苦
share vt.& vi.分担;分享;共同具有/使用
1)share vt. 常跟名词作宾语,构成的搭配有:share sth. with sb.与某人共享。
例: ①They share all housework, including washing, cooking and looking after their child.他们分担所有家务,包括洗衣,做饭,看孩子。
2)share vi. 搭配是: share in...共享;;
例: ②She shares in my troubles as well as my joys. 她与我同甘共苦。
3)share n. ;一份;,;份额;
例: ③We must do our share for
our country. 我们必须为国家做出一份贡献。
29. care about 关心，介意，在乎 e.g. It is important to have someone to care about.
care for 喜欢；照顾 e.g. ①I don’t care for football. ②Would you care for a cup of tea? ③She cares for her sick mother.
30. should have done 本该做;;而实际上没有做），常含有责备的意味。
31. make friends with sb. 和某人交朋友
32. for example 介词短语，为插入语，可置于句首、句中或句末，用逗号隔开，一般只以同类人或同类事物中的;一个;为例。
such as 列举同类人或同类事物中的几个例子，放在被列举的事物或名词之前，as不加逗号。
33. learn a lesson from sb. 接受教训
34. tell lies/a lie 撒谎，为固定搭配
35. regard ;as; 把;;当作 be regarded as
e.g. Many people keep dogs as pets because dogs are regarded as loyal friends to people.
36. make a difference有差别；有关系
make no difference没有差别；无关紧要 make a great difference 区别很大；有很大关系#p#分页标题#e#
37. You guessed it!
38. have fun玩得愉快 fun n.[U]娱乐,乐趣；玩笑,嬉戏；有趣的人或事物) for / in fun 闹着玩地，不当真地
39. drop sb. a line给某人写短信
40. keep...in mind 记住
41. as short as possible 尽可能简洁
42. laugh at / make fun of / play a joke on 取笑；嘲笑
43. in one’s opinion 依;;看来，依;;之见
当说话人引用别人的话时，可以用别人的原话，也可以用自己的话把别人意思转述出来，引用原话，称为直接引语Direct Speech），否则称为间接引语Indirect Speech）。直接引语通常用引号;;）括起来，间接引语在多数情况下都构成一个宾语从句。课本P178）
e.g. Lao Yang said: ;I’m not free. ;直接引语）
Lao Yang said that he wasn’t free .间接引语）
He said, ;Mother, the boy is very naughty.; He told his mother that) the boy was very naughty.
She said to me), ;Your pronunciation is better than mine. She said that my pronunciation was better than hers.
;Frank, I came to return you the book,; Henry said. Henry told Frank that he had come to return the book.
Kitty said, ;I’ll call again after supper.; Kitty said that she would call again after supper.
She said, ;I will come here again tonight.; She said that) she would go there again that night.
He asked, ;How are you getting along?; He asked us how we were getting along.
He asked, ;Are you a Party member or a League member?; He asked me whether I was a Party member or a League member.
;You’ve already got well , haven’t you ?; she asked. She asked whetherif）he had already got well .
4. 一般在引述陈述句的间接引语时，用动词said, told；在引述疑问句时，一般用asked, said, wondered等。