五）There be 结构
一、 There be 句型常用的时态形式有一般现在时、一般过去时、一般将来时、现在完成时和过去完成时。例如：
1. There is someone at the door to see you. 门口有人找你。
2. There will be a meeting this evening. 今晚有个约会。
3. ---Have there been any letters from Jack lately? 近日有杰克的来信吗？
---No, there hasn’t. 不，没有。
4. There had been many such accidents before you came. 你来之前就有过很多起这样的事故。
二、 There be 句型中be 前面可用一些半助动词，如：be about to 就要), be certain to 一定会), be going to 将要),be likely to 可能), be to 要), had better 最好), have to 必须), used to 过去常), appear/seem/happen to 似乎/恰好)等。例如：
1. There used to be a grocery store on the corner. 以前在这个街口有家杂货店。
2. There is certain to be something wrong with the engine.
= It appears / is certain that there is something wrong with the engine.
3. There appears to have been a nasty accident. 似乎有一起严重的事故。
三、There be 句型中的替换词有：come 来), develop 产生), exist 存在), fall 落下), follow 跟随), happen 发生), lie 躺着), live 住着), occur 发生), remain 还有), rise 升起),stand 站着)等。这些动词可以有时态变化，及物动词还可以有语态变化。例如：
1. There fell a deep silence. 突然一片寂静。
2. There remains one more test to be carried out before putting the instrument into operation. 在使用这一设备之前要完成一项试验。
3. Not long after this, there occurred a sudden revolution in public taste. 此后不久，公众的情趣发生了突然的变化。
4. There stands at the center of the square the Monument to the People’s Heroes. 在广场的中央矗立着人民英雄纪念碑。
四、There be 句型中，谓语动词和合后面的主语在数方面保持一致。如果有两个或更多的主语，则与离动词最近的那个主语保持一致。例如：
There is only a table, four chairs and a small bed in the room.
五、There be 句型有不定式、现在分词和动名词形式，在句中用作主语、宾语、定语或状语等。例如：
1. There being a bus stop so near the house is a great advantage.
公共汽车站离家这么近是一个很有利的条件。There being a bus 用作主语）
2. I don’t want there to be any misunderstanding.
我不想引起任何误解。There to be 作宾语）
3. No one would have dreamt of there being such a fine place.
谁也没想到会有这样的一个好地方。There being 在句子中作介词of的宾语。需注意的是，结构若出现在介词for的后面则要用动词不定式；若出现在其他介词后面则要用动名词）#p#分页标题#e#
4. There being no bus, we had to walk home.
因为没有公共汽车，我们只好步行回家。 ;There being + 名词;构成独立主格结构，在句中作状语）
六、;There be no doing; 表示;不可能做;。例如：
1. There is no holding back the wheel of history. 历史车轮不可阻挡。
2. There’s no saying what he’ll be doing next. 他接下去要做什么，很难断言。
3. There is no bearing such rude remarks. 如此粗话，叫人根本无法忍受。
There be 句型专项练习
1. In the eastern part of New Jersey __________, a major shipping and manufacturing center.
A. lies the city of Elizabeth B. the city of Elizabeth
C. around the city of Elizabeth D. there lie the city of Elizabeth
2.It isn’t cold enough for there _________ a frost tonight, so I can leave Jim’s car out quite safely.
A. would be B. being C. was D. to be
3. The students expected there ________ more reviewing classes before the final exam.
A. be B. being C. have been D. to be
4.There _________ no fresh drinking water and no good farm land, it was not a comfortable place in which to live.
A. be B. was C. were D. being
5. If ever again __________ happens an accident like this, we will have only ourselves to blame.
A. it B. so C. there D. that
6. He said it was impossible for _________ a mistake in a computer’s calculation, so you can rly on that.
A. there being B. there would be C. there to be D. there was
7. Ann never dreams of _________ for her to be sent abroad very soon.
A. there being a chance B. there to be a chance
C. there be a chance D. being a chance
8.Once he starts talking about Chinese or foreign affairs, ancient or modern, __________.
A. there is no stopping of him B. he is not to stop
C. there is no stopping him D. it is no stopping him
9. The chairman insisted that there be a meeting ___________ within the shortest possible time.
A. to hold B. to be held C. to have been held D. to be holding
10. Where _________ dirt, there are flies.
A. there has B. is C. there is D. has there
11. Around the world _________ may be as many as a million earthquakes in a single year.
A. yet B. they C. there D. has there
12. _________ no air, there would be no life on the earth.
A. There was B. There were C. Was there D. Were there
13. ________, she went back to her room.
A. There was no cause for alarm B. Without having cause for alarm
C. Being no cause for alarm D. There being no cause for alarm
14. ________ to the railway station, we missed the train.
A. There is no bus B. No bus goes
C. There not being any bus D. Not any bus#p#分页标题#e#
15. He said, ;_________ a long way to school. _________ a long way to go yet before we arrive.;
A. It is ; There is B. There is ; It is
C. It is ; It is D. There is ; There is
16. There has been a great increase in retail sales, ________?
A. does there B. isn’t there C. hasn’t there D. isn’t it
17. We left the meeting, there obviously ________ no point in staying.
A. were B. being C. to be D. having
18. There is no point _________ with him, since he has already made up his mind.
A. argue B. to argue C. in arguing D. of arguing
19. There was a real possibility that these animals could be frightened, ________ a sudden loud noise.
A. being there B. should there be C. there was D. there having been
20. The house improvements have taken _________ little there is of my spare time.
A. how B. what C. that D. some
1-5 A D D D C 6—10 C A C B C 11-15 C D D C A 16-20 C B C B B