1. We stood on the top of the mountain and surveyed the countryside. 我们站在山顶上，眺望乡村。
2. A quick survey of the street showed that no one was about. 扫视街道, 空无一人。
3. Of the five hundred householders surveyed, 40% had dishwashers.
在接受调查的五百家住户中, 40% 有洗碗机。
1. He added some wood to increase the fire. 他加了一些木柴，使火旺些。
2. If you add 4 to 5, you get 9. 四加五等于九。
3. Add up all the money I owe you. 把我应付你的钱都加在一起。
1. I'm always upset when I don't get any mail. 我接不到任何邮件时总是心烦意乱。
2. He has an upset stomach. 他胃不舒服。
3. The news quite upset him. 这消息使他心烦意乱。
1. You've been ignoring me. 你一直不把我放在眼里。
2. I said hello to her, but she ignored me completely! 我向她打招呼, 可她根本不理我!
3. I can't ignore his rudeness any longer. 他粗暴无礼, 我再也不能不闻不问了。
1. It was a beautiful morning, calm and serene. 那是一个宁静、明媚的早晨。
2. You should keep calm even in face of danger. 即使面临危险，你也应当保持镇静。
3. Have a brandy it'll help to calm you down). 来点儿白兰地--能使你静下来。
1. Calm down, you're getting terribly wrought up over nothing.
2. His rage was soon calmed down by the rustic peace. 乡村的宁静很快就使他的怒气平静下来。
3. I told myself to calm down. 我告诫自己要冷静下来。
have got to
1. You may not like him, but you have got to admire his persistence.
2. I couldn't have got to the meeting on time -- unless I had caught an earlier train.
3. Jim broke away from his friends, saying ;I have got to hit the books.;
n. 关心,关系, 关切的事,忧虑
1. How much money I earn is none of your concern. 我挣多少钱与你无关。
2. These problems concern all of us. 这些问题影响到我们每一个人。
3. This restaurant is a family concern. 这家饭店是由一家人经营的。
be concerned about
1. It is reassuring to be enquired after when you're ill. It shows your friends haven't stopped being concerned about you.
2. The government's claim to be concerned about unemployment is sheer hypocrisy.
3. Please don't be concerned about me. 请不要为我担心。
1. His father was cheated of his land. 他的父亲被人骗走了地产。
2. He never cheats to pass examination. 他考试从不作弊。
3. He was cheated out) of his rightful inheritance. 他依法应得的遗产被人骗走了.
1. She can reason very clearly. 她能很清晰地思考。
2. Copernicus reasoned that the earth revolved around the sun. 哥白尼论证了地球绕着太阳转。
3. We have reason to believe that he was murdered. 我们有理由相信他是被谋杀的。
1. He wrote down his name on the list. 他将他的名字写在清单上。
2. He listed all the things he had to do. 他把自己必须做的事列成表。
3. The books are listed alphabetically. 这些书是按字母顺序编入目录的。
1. If you want a share of the pay, you'll have to do your fair share of the work.
2. She's got all her money in stocks and shares. 她所有的钱都投放到股票里去了。
3. Children should be taught to share their toys. 应该教育孩子们分享玩具。
1. I've gone through the elbows of my sweater. 我的毛衣的肘部都磨破了。
2. He's amazingly cheerful considering all that he's been through.
3. She decided not to go through with ie not to have) the abortion. 她决定不做流产.
1. It licked me to think they had been hid away for such a long time.
1. The bus stopped to set down an old lady. 公共汽车停下来让一个老太太下车。
2. I'll set you down on the corner of your street. 我在你说的那条街的拐角处停下来让你下车。
3. Why don't you set your ideas down on paper? 你怎么不把你的想法写在纸上呢?
a series of
1. The theory is based on a series of wrong assumptions. 这一理论是以一系列错误的设想为依据的。
2. The overthrow of that lawful regime has resulted in a series of riot.
3. A series of mischance happened. 一连串不幸的事发生了。
1. He knocked the old man down on purpose. 他故意把那个老人撞倒。
2. She seems to do these things on purpose. 她似乎是有意地做这些事。
3. `Did he break it accidentally?' `No, on purpose.' ｀他是无意中损坏的吗?＇｀不, 是故意的。＇
in order to
1. In order to maintain physical well being, a person should eat wholesome food and get sufficient exercise.
2. In order to earn enough money, he worked late into the night. 为了赚到足够的钱, 他工作到深夜。
3. We started early in order to arrive before dark. 为了在天黑前到达,我们很早就动身了。
1. How dare you say such a thing? 你怎敢说出这样的话？
2. I dare say you are right. 我认为你是对的。
3. He dared me to jump over the river. 他激我跳过河。
1. My little dog always hides under the bed when it thunders. 我的小狗一听到打雷就藏到床底下。
2. We could hear the thunder of distant guns. 我们可以听到远处炮声隆隆。
3. ;Get out!; he thundered. ;滚出去！;他大声吼到。
face to face
1. His ambition was to meet his favourite pop star face to face.
2. The burglar turned the corner and found himself face to face with a policeman.
3. The two rival politicians came/were brought face to face in a TV interview.
名词:truster 动词过去式:trusted 过去分词:trusted 现在分词:trusting 第三人称单数:trusts#p#分页标题#e#
1. My husband trusts me and I don't intend to break that trust. 我的丈夫信任我，所以我不想失去这种信任。
2. Can you trust his account of what happened? 你能相信他对发生的事情所做的报告吗？
3. In his will he created trusts for his children. 他在遗嘱里为子女安排好了信托财产。
1. They suffered huge losses in the financial crisis. 他们在经济危机时遭受了巨大的损失。
2. She couldn't suffer criticism. 她受不了批评。
3. How can you suffer such insolence? 你怎么能容忍这种蛮横的态度？
get along with
1. We should let bygones be bygones and try to get along with each other.
2. He is the last person that I'll get along with. 他是我最不愿与之相处的人。
3. Do you get along with your boss?/Do you and your boss get along? 你跟老板合得来吗?
1. There has been much gossip in political circles. 政界里有许多流言蜚语。
2. I never talk about gossip. 我从不传播流言蜚语。
3. She loves to gossip to her neighbors. 她喜欢议论邻居们的是非长短。
fall in love
1. It is natural that he should fall in love with such a beautiful girl. 他爱上那位美丽的姑娘是很自然的事。
2. It's my karma always to fall in love with brunettes.
我爱上的总是深褐色头发、 浅黑色皮肤的白种女子, 这是我的缘分.
3. You say you don't believe in marriage, but I bet you sing a different song when you finally fall in love.
1. We will have a quiz tomorrow morning. 我们明天早晨进行一个小测验。
2. She quizzed him all night about the people he'd seen. 她整夜盘问他都见到谁了。
3. Match your skill against the experts in this quiz. 在这一测验中你与教师较量一下技巧吧。
1. The door communicates with my room. 这门和我的房间相通。
2. I can't communicate with them; the radio doesn't work. 我无法和他们联系，无线电坏了。
3. He has communicated his wishes to me. 他已经把他的愿望告诉了我。
1. We want to join in the masquerade. 我们想去参加化装舞会。
2. Can I join in the game)? 我参加这个游戏）行吗?#p#分页标题#e#
3. I will join in the project, heart and hand. 我会满腔热情地参加这项工程。
When did they join the conservation organization？他们是什么时候参加环保组织的？
The prodigy joined the International Association of Poets，Playwrights，Editors，Essayists and NovelistsPEN）when he was only fourteen years old．这位天才在十四岁时便成为国际笔会会员。
More than ten thousand workers have joined in this strike．有一万多名工人参加了此次罢工。
All of us will join in the celebration of the victory of World War Ⅱ．我们全都参加这次庆祝世界二次大战胜利的活动。
There were many extracurricular activities，but Peter never joined in．尽管有很多课外活动，但彼德从不参加。
Our house is joined to Mr．So's．我们的房子和苏先生的房子相连。
To my surprise，Mr．Li joined himself to the opposite party last month．令我惊奇的是，上个月李先生竟然参加了反对党。