1. Does Tom often play _____ football after _____ school？
A./， / B./， the C.the， / D.a， a
2. How wonderful！ The _____is made of _________.
A.house ， glass B.house， glasses
C.houses， glass D.houses， glasses
3. Every morning Mr. Smith takes a ______ to his office.
A.20 minutes‘ walk B.20 minute’s walk
C.20-minutes walk D.20-minute walk
4. Uncle Tom asked David， Sam， ______ brothers and ______ three to help write the cards.
A.my， I B.my， me C.myself， I D.myself， me
5.The man ______ Mary was so tall that she could hardly see the show.
A.in front of B.in the front of
C.at the back of D.at the beginning of
6. The garden _______while the Greens were away from home.
A. took good care of B.was taken good care
C.was taken good care of D.was taking good care
7. ——Have you finished _____the book？
——Not yet. I‘ll try _____it to you before Friday.
A.reading， returning B.to read， to return
C.reading， to return D. to read， returning
8. Many people watched the boys ______ the mountain at that time.
A.climb B.climbing C.to climb D.climbed
9. India had the second ______population in the world.
A.largest B.larger C.most D.smallest
10.When father was young， he ______ from morning till night.
A.was made work B.was made working
C.made to work D.was made to work
11. Five-year-old children are too young to go to school， ________？
A.are they B.aren‘t they
C.were they D.have they
12. ——____I put my coat here？
——Sorry， you ______.
A.Must； mustn‘t B.Do； don’t
C.can； needn‘t D.May； can’t
13. Tom wants to try _____some of his ideas.
A.on B.off C.out D.to
14. Could you tell me if it _____tomorrow？
A. rain B.will rain C.raining D.rains
15.Do you know ______ at the bus stop？
A. whom they are waiting for B.who they are waiting
C. whom are they waiting for D.who are they waiting
16. The teacher asked all the students in the class to keep their eyes ______.
A. close B. to close C. closing D. closed
17. ______ there any good news in today‘s newspaper？
A.Are B.Is C.Have D.Has
1. L______ One is the easiest in this book.
2. I had a c______ and two eggs for breakfast this morning.
3. We c______ the classroom every day.
4. Trees t______ green in spring.
5. ;What did you do last night？; ;I did my h______ and then watched TV.;
6. Most of the children e______ playing computer games.
1. I can see three ______ on the desk. pen）
2. This room is ______. It isn‘t yours. our）
3. ;Can I borrow your ruler？; ;Certainly. Here ______ are.; your）
4. We live on the ______ floor. eight）
5. Li Lei is ______ than Li Tao. old）
6. The Changjiang River is the ______ river in China. long）