● A. ;More than＋名词;表示;多于;;;、;非但;;尤其是;如：
1) Modern science is more than a large amount of information.
2) Jason is more than a lecturer; he is a writer, too.
● B. ;More than＋数词;含;以上;或;不止;之意，如：
3) I have known David for more than 20 years.
4) Let's carry out the test with more than the sample copy.
● C. ;More than＋形容词;等于;很;或;非常;的意思，如：
5) In doing scientific experiments, one must be more than careful with the instruments.
6) I assure you I am more than glad to help you.
● D. 在;More...than...;中，肯定;more;后面的而否定;than;后面的，约等于;是;;而不是;;;如：
7) The difference between pure linguistics and applied linguistics is more apparent than real.
8) This book seems to be more a manual than a text.
9) Catherine is more diligent than intelli-gent.
10) Hearing the loud noise, the boy was more surprised than frightened.
● E. ;More than;或;More...than...;＋含;can;的分句时表示;否定意;，如：
11) That's more than I can do.
12) Don't bite off more than you can chew.
13) In delivering his lecture, Jason makes sure not to include more things than the students can understand.
● F. ;No more...than...;表示;不;;；不如;;;，如：
14) I can no more do that than anyone else.
15) A learner can no more obtain knowledge without reading than a farmer can get good harvest without ploughing.;
;No more;...than...;的语义，也可用;not any more than...;来取代，因此 15 可以变成 16。
16) A learner cannot... any more than ...;同样的， 17可以变成18：
17) Dr Hu is no more a poet than Dr Wu is a philosopher.
18) Dr Hu is not a poet any more than Dr Wu is a philosopher.
19) More offen than not 经常），people tend to pay attention to what they can take rather than what they can give.
20) All of us are more than a little concerned about非常关心）the current economic problems.