1. The support of the students ______ the losing team and they played harder, so in the end they won the game.
A. brought up B. cheered up C. grew up D. turned up
2.Gorge managed to ___________ several customers of the advantages of his product.
A. remind B. accuse C. inform D. convince
3. Once it is formed，a bad habit is not easy to 。
A.get rid of B.pick out C.cut off D.care for
4. go straight on to university, why not get some work experience first?
A.Rather than B.More than C.As well as D.Along with
5._______ you eat the correct foods _____ be able to keep fit and stay healthy.
A. Unless; will you B. Unless; you will
C. Only if; you will D. Only if; will you
6. It is wrong for us to ___ others however poor they are.
A. look down upon B. look up to C. look after D. look through
7. This picture was taken a long time ago.I wonder if you can my father.
A.find out B.pick out C.look out D.speak out
8. I would appreciate_______ back this afternoon.
A. you to call B. you're calling C. your calling D. you call
9. Like so many others, the little tramp has rushed there ___________ gold , but without success.
A. in search of B. in place of C. for lack of D. for fear of
10.The unemployment __________ in this city has fallen from 16% to 8% in the past two years.
A. speed B. rate C. welfare D. line
11.We shouldn’t complain about being poor --- many families are much ________ than we are.
A. better off B. well off C. worse off D. badly off
12. ________ David says sounds right to Helen. That’s why she has made up
her mind not to leave him ________ happens.
A. Whatever; whatever B. No matter how; whatever
C. No matter what; however D. Whatever; no matter how
13. About 110 million people moved to this city. The population is _____ as ten years ago.
A. as twice large B. twice as large
C. as many twice D. twice as many
14. Progress so far has been very good. ________, we are sure that the project will be completed on time .
A. Besides B. Therefore C. However D. Otherwise
15. The book as well as the flowers ___ my mother, but my father thought they were for him and took them.
A. were intended for B. was intended for
C. intended to give D. intended giving#p#分页标题#e#