Survey n. 纵览,视察,测量v. 审视,视察,通盘考虑,调查
1. We stood on the top of the mountain and surveyed the countryside. 我们站在山顶上，眺望乡村。
2. A quick survey of the street showed that no one was about. 扫视街道, 空无一人。
Add v. 增加
1. He added some wood to increase the fire. 他加了一些木柴，使火旺些。
2. If you add 4 to 5, you get 9. 四加五等于九。
3. Add up all the money I owe you. 把我应付你的钱都加在一起。
Upset a. 烦乱的,不高兴 v. 颠覆,推翻,扰乱,使心烦意乱,使不舒服
1. I'm always upset when I don't get any mail. 我接不到任何邮件时总是心烦意乱。
2. He has an upset stomach. 他胃不舒服。 3. The news quite upset him. 这消息使他心烦意乱。
Ignore v. 不顾,不理,忽视
1. I said hello to her, but she ignored me completely! 我向她打招呼, 可她根本不理我!
2. I can't ignore his rudeness any longer. 他粗暴无礼, 我再也不能不闻不问了。
Calm n. 平稳,风平浪静 a. 平静的,冷静的 v. 平静下来,镇静
1. It was a beautiful morning, calm and serene. 那是一个宁静、明媚的早晨。
2. You should keep calm even in face of danger. 即使面临危险，你也应当保持镇静。
3. Have a brandy it'll help to calm you (down). 来点儿白兰地--能使你静下来。
calm down vt. 平静下来(镇定下来)
1. His rage was soon calmed down by the rustic peace. 乡村的宁静很快就使他的怒气平静下来。
2. I told myself to calm down. 我告诫自己要冷静下来。
have got to conj. 不得不(必须)
1. You may not like him, but you have got to admire his persistence.
2. I couldn't have got to the meeting on time -- unless I had caught an earlier train.
Concern n. 关心,关系, 关切的事,忧虑 v. 涉及,与...有关,影响;使关心
1. How much money I earn is none of your concern. 我挣多少钱与你无关。
2. These problems concern all of us. 这些问题影响到我们每一个人。
3. This restaurant is a family concern. 这家饭店是由一家人经营的。
be concerned about vt. 关心(挂念)
1. It is reassuring to be enquired after when you're ill. It shows your friends haven't stopped being concerned about you.#p#分页标题#e#
2. The government's claim to be concerned about unemployment is sheer hypocrisy.
Cheat n. 骗子,欺骗行为 v. 欺骗,作弊
1. His father was cheated of his land. 他的父亲被人骗走了地产。
2. He never cheats to pass examination. 他考试从不作弊。
3. He was cheated (out) of his rightful inheritance. 他依法应得的遗产被人骗走了.
Reason n. 理由,原因,理智,理性 v. 说服,推论,下判断
1. She can reason very clearly. 她能很清晰地思考。
2. Copernicus reasoned that the earth revolved around the sun. 哥白尼论证了地球绕着太阳转。
3. We have reason to believe that he was murdered. 我们有理由相信他是被谋杀的。
list n. 目录,名单,明细表 v. 列出,列于表上,记入名单内
1. He wrote down his name on the list. 他将他的名字写在清单上。
2. He listed all the things he had to do. 他把自己必须做的事列成表。 1 2 3 下一页