31. I saw Mr. Smith last Sunday. We had not seen each other ________ I left London.
A. as B. before C. since D. till
32. I’ll be back before you ________.
A. will leave B. will have left C. leave D. would leave
33. The problem won’t be settled until we ________ a chance to discuss it thoroughly.
A. have had B. will have C. will have had D. would have
34. If you ________ this experiment，you will understand the theory better.
A. will be doing B. have done C. will have done D. would do
35. They went on working ________ it was late at night.
A. even if B. as if C. however D. as though
36. I hurried ________ I wouldn’t be late for class.
A. since B. so that C. as if D. unless
37. ________ you talk to someone or write a message，you show your skills to others.
A. At times B. Some time C. By the time D. Every time
38. Although he is considered a great writer，________.
A. however his works are not widely read B. but his works are not widely read
C. his works are not widely read D. still his works are not widely read
39. We should finish the important job，________.
A. long it takes however B. it takes however long
C. long however it takes D. however long it takes
40. ________ comes to the party will receive a gift.
A. No matter who B. Who C. Which one D. Whoever
41. She is willing to help you， ________ busy she is.
A. what B. how C. however D. whatever
42. No matter ________ hard it may be，I’ll carry it out.
A. what B. whatever C. how D. however
43. Why do you want to find a new job ________ you’ve got such a good one already?
A. that B. where C. which D. when
44.________he is， he will be thinking of you.
A. Wherever B. Where C. Now that D. As soon as
45. You should make it a rule to leave things ________ you can find them again.
A. when B. where C. then D. there