1. After the war，a new school building was put up ________ there had once been a theatre.
A. that B. where C. which D. when
2. ____ he took part in the competition， he won a second prize.
A. For the first time B. At a time C. At one time D. The first time
3. I would appreciate it _______ you call back this afternoon for the doctor’s appointment.
A. until B. if C. when D. that
4. I had just started back for the house to change my clothes _____ I heard the voices.
A. as B. after C. while D. when
5. The class went on with the story _____ they had left it before the holiday.
A. where B. which C. in which D. when
6. The company has a free long-distance telephone number _____ customers may call with any questions they have about its products.
A. although B. as C. even if D. so that
7. Is Mr. Smith in the office?
Yes，________ he is in charge of the office，he must be there.
A. since B. however C. whether D. for
8. Someone called me up in the middle of the night，but they hung up ________ I could answer the phone.
A. as B. since C. until D. before
9. Don’t look down upon Bob. He has his own advantages.
Oh， yes. ________ others are weak， he is strong.
A. If B. When C. Where D. Though
10. The day must be breaking， _____ the birds have begun singing.
A. because B. as C. for D. since
11. John may phone tonight. I don’t want to go out ________ he phones.
A. as long as B. in order to C. in case D. so that
12. ____others say， the expert is sure that his theory is correct
A. No matter B. It doesn’t matter C. Whatever D. What
13. Many places are flooded by heavy rainfalls， so they can’t walk _______ they like these days.
A. when B. whenever C. where D. wherever
14. His father began to work ______ his childhood.
A. since B. before C. as early as D. while
15. The roof fell _____ he had time to dash into the room to save his baby.
A. before B. as C. after D. until