1. He looks handsome and gentle， but a_________ he is a thief.
2. Pronunciation and grammar is quite important in English learning. And so is v____________.
3. He went to Britain， hoping to learn s___________ English there.
4. “A____________ ” is often used in American English while “flat” is used in British English.
5. Some English people have a strong a__________ ， which adds difficulties to our understanding of them.
6. Many s__________ have been built in Guangzhou. As a result， people can travel much faster than before.
7. If you don‘t know how to use the medicine， read the d____________ carefully before using it.
8. Our city used to be very old， but now it has become a m______ one.
9. When we are in other countries， we should respect the c___________ there.
10. Excuse me， Professor Li， can you be p_________ at our meeting tomorrow?
1. I can hardly _____ my friend John who is wearing dark glasses. A. know B. see C. recognize D. realize
2. Western dinner usually ________ an aperitif， main course， dessert and coffee. A. includes B. is C. remains D. holds
3. Hong Kong was once ________ by the British before she returned to China in 1997. A. commended B. ruled C. managed D. controlled
4. I request that you __________ the task on time. A. finished B. should finish C. could finish D. would finish
5. _________ which direction should we go， west or east?A. On B. To C. In D. With
6. Mike is always gentle and __________. He is a man of culture. A. pleased B. amazing C. happy D. polite
7. It is said that living ________ nature may help people live longer. A. came to B. far from C. close D. closely
8. The problem ________ at the meeting yesterday. A. came to B. came across C. came up D. came up with
9. We should ________ to study. A. make time good used B. make good uses of time C. use of time D. make good use of time.
10. The famous film is ________ a Chinese fairy tale. A. basing at B. a\based in C. bases on D. to base at 1 2 下一页