1. —Do you think I could borrow your bicycle?
—¬¬¬ ¬ .
A. Take your time. B. Yes, go on.
C. How come? D. Yes, help yourself.
2. —There is a story here in the paper about a 110-year-old man.2006江苏)
—My goodness! I can’t imagine _______ that old.
A. to be B. to have been C. being D. having been
3. _______ as the "first lady of speech", Dr, Lillian Glass is recognized as one of the world’s leading experts on communication skills.
A. Knowing B. Having known C. Known D. To be known
4. —Why do you look sad?
—There are so many problems _____.
A. remaining to settle B. remained settling
C. remaining to be settled D. remained to be settled
5. At the end of 2004, there were around 6,000 foreign printing companies in China, _____ up around 4 percent of national total.
A. made B. to make C. making D. having made
6. As the twentieth century came to a close, the raw materials for a great national literature were at hand, waiting _______.2006湖南)
A. to use B. to be used C. to have used D. to be using
7. _______ to the children living in poor areas, I have a happy childhood.
A. Compare B. Compared C. Comparing D. To compare
8. Don’t respond to any e-mails personal information, no matter how official they look.2006天津)
A. searching B. asking C. requesting D. questioning
9. —The English exam is not difficult, is it?
—_______. Even Tom _______ to the top students failed in it.
A. Yes; belongs B. No; belonged C. Yes; belonging D. No; belonging
10. —We didn’t find the Blacks _____ the lecture.
—No one had told him about _____ a lecture the following day.
A. to attend; there to be B. attend; there being
C. attended; there be D. attending; there was
11. Only _______ according to the directions can the medicine be quite effective.
A. taking B. taken C. being taken D. having been taken
12. The man we followed suddenly stopped and looked around as if____ whether he was going in the right direction.
A. seeing B. having seen C. to see D. to have seen
13. —Is there any possibility of the film____ in Paris International Festival?
—Not in the least, because audience generally think little of it.
A. trying out B. tried out C. to try out D. being tried out
14. —Hi, Mary. Would you like to go to the concert this evening?
—Sorry, Tom. _______ tomorrow’s lessons, I have no time to go out with you.
A. Not preparing B. Not having prepared
C. Not to prepare D. Being not prepared #p#分页标题#e#
15. —O’Neal works hard.
—So he does. He is often seen _____ heavily before his teammates have even arrived at practice.
A. to be sweated B. sweated C. be sweated D. sweating
1. I’m not p__________ to go out alone at night.
2. He tried his hardest to study in the hope of m_________ up for the lost time.
3. During World War II, many underground stations in London f__________ as bomb shelters.
4. Due to the storms, part of the road is still under r________. So we have to go to the harbour city by f________.
5. People speaking on the phone while driving will be f_________50 yuan, because it’s easy to lead to __________撞车).
6. She warmly recommended this type of cell phone to me and claimed that she could give me a 20% __________折扣).
7. After his __________获得) of the diploma, he volunteered to work in the Northeast of China.
8. We shouldn’t change lanes without __________发信号) or giving wrong signals.
9. The number of the deaths _________由...引起) from road accidents has increased greatly over the past years.
10. He had never ___________ 牺牲) so much for the assignment that he __________ 延期) the date of his wedding.
Surfing: It’s Not Just for Boys Anymore
If you asked high school girls to name their favorite sports, most would probably say basketball or volleyball. I happen to be one of the few girls who would 1 : surfing. But isn’t that a boy thing? Some people 2 . Most certainly not.