1.When will the two arrive in New York?
A. At 7:05. B. At 6:55. C. At 7:10.
2. Where are the speakers?
A. In the zoo. B. In a museum. C. At a restaurant.
3. When is the man going to leave for New York?
A. In September. B. In October. C. In December.
4. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. Medicine B. A doctor C. An advertisement
5. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. Alex is going to go on vacation.
B. Alex is very busy recently.
C. They will have supper on Wednesday.
6. How long did the woman stay on New York?
A. For about 15 days. B. For about 20 days. C. For about 50 days.
7. What did the woman learn mostly?
A. Speaking. B. Listening. C. Writing.
8. What did the woman like particularly about the American classes?
A. Activities in class. B. The teachers. C. Students freedom in class.
9. Where does the conversation take place?
A. In a hotel. B. In a hospital. C. In an exhibition center.
10. On which floor is the Exhibition Center?
A. The ninth floor. B. The third floor. C. The second floor.
11. Why does the woman come to Hong Kong?
A. He is on holiday.
B. He comes to meet Peter Smith from Greece.
C. He comes for the computer exhibition.
12. What will the man do first this Saturday morning?
A. Go to a local museum.
B. Go swimming in the river
C. Take a boat trip down the river.
13. What will Betty bring probably?
A. A map. B. A guide book. C. Some food for lunch.
14. Who is very familiar with the place the two speakers will visit?
A. The man B. Betty C. The man’s uncle.
15. What’s the relationship between the man and the woman?
A. Teacher and student. B. Classmates. C. Mother and son.
16. Why didn’t the man come to the class?
A. He had been writing reports all day long.
B. He was too tired to go out.
C. He nearly lost his confidence.
17. What can we know about Tom?
A. He is probably from an English-speaking country.
B. He is interested in learning foreign languages.
C. He had not studied German before he came.
18. How old was Gaddafi when he died?
A. 71. B. 69. C. 48.
19. What was his rank after he seized power?
A. Colonel. B. King. C. President.
20. Which statement of Gaddafi is correct?
A. Graduated from Libya Military academy in 1965.
B. In order to seize the power, he pretended falling in love with the daughter of the General.
C. Gaddafi died in Tripoli, the capital of Libyan.
第二部分 英语知识运用 共两节，满分45分)
21.Stay a bit longer, please. It’s been such _____fun having you here.
--- Thank you, but I’ve got _____ early start tomorrow morning.
A. /; a B. a; an C. /; an D. the; an
22. -I don’t think I can walk any further.
-______. Let’s stop here for a rest.
A. Neither I can B. Neither can I C. I don’t think so D. I think so
23. I’m not a little tired today after giving the room a thorough cleaning and I have never had _____today.
A. as tiring a day as B. as a tiring day
C. tiring as a day as D. day as a tiring as
24. She tried her best to _______ the life there, but failed to make any ______.
A. adjust to; senses B. adapt to; trouble C. adapt to; effort D. adjust to; difference
25.____________, all the students passed the entrance examination.
A. Much to the teacher’s satisfaction B. To the teacher’s much satisfaction.
C. Much to the teacher’s satisfactory. D. To the teacher’s great satisfactory. #p#分页标题#e#
26. After five hours’ drive, they reached _____they thought was the place they’d been dreaming of. A. what B. where C. that D. which
27. In 1939, Hitler _____ war against Poland, which started the second world war.
A. announced B. declared C. broadcast D. advertised.
28._______ I could remember, I did return him the money.
A. As long as B. As far as C. As well as D. As good as
29. ______ in the regulations that you should not tell other people the password of your e-mail account.
A. What is required B. What requires C. It is required D. It requires.
30.It was lack of money, not of effort,_________ defeated their plan.
A. which B as C. that D. what
31.The situation of global finance crisis was________ worse than expected.
A. fairly B. rather C. very D. any
32. Einstein liked Bose’s paper so much that he _____his own work and translated it into German.
A. gave off B. turned down C. took over D. set aside
33.The bank is reported in the local newspaper,______ in broad daylight.
A. being robbed B. having been robbed C. robbed D. to have been robbed
34.Tony was very unhappy for ________the secret.
A. having not been told B. not having told
C. having not told D. not having been told
35.He had a computer at home, and his parents desired that he _______all his work at home.
A. does B. do C. did D. would do
People do not analyze every problem they meet. Sometimes they try to remember a solution from the last time they had a __36__ problem. They often accept the opinions or ideas of other people. Other times they begin to act without __37___; they try to find a solution by trial and error. __38___, when all these methods __39___, the person with a problem has to start analyzing. There are six __40___ in analyzing a problem.
First the person must recognize that there is a problem. For example, Sam’s bicycle is broken, and he cannot ride it to class as he usually does. Sam must _41___ that there is a problem with his bicycle.
Next the thinker must __42___ the problem. Before Sam can repair his bicycle, he must know why it does not work. For instance, he must __43___ the parts that are wrong.
Now the person must look for __44___ that will make the problem clearer and lead to possible solutions. For instance, suppose Sam __45___ that his bike does not work because there is something wrong with the brakes. __46___, he can look in his bicycle repair book and read about brakes, talk to his friends at the bike shop, or look at his brakes carefully. #p#分页标题#e#
After __47__ the problem, the person should have __48___ suggestions for a possible solution. Take Sam as an example__49___, his suggestions might be: tighten or loosen the brakes; buy new brakes and change the old ones.
Eventually one __50___ seems to be the solution __51__ the problem. Sometimes the final idea comes quite __52__ because the thinker suddenly sees something new or sees something in a __53__way. Sam, for example, suddenly sees that there is a piece of chewing gum口香糖)stuck to a brake. He __54___ hits on the solution to his problem: he must clean the brake.
Finally the solution is __55__. Sam does it and finds that afterwards his bicycle works perfectly. In short, he has solved the problem.
36. A. serious B. usual C. similar D. common
37. A. practice B. thinking C. understanding D. help
38. A. Besides B. Instead C. Otherwise D. However
39. A. fail B. work C. change D. develop
40. A. ways B. conditions C. stages D. orders
41. A. explain B. prove C. show D. see
42. A. judge B. find C. describe D. face
43. A. check B. determine C. correct D. recover
44. A. answers B. skills C. explanation D. information
45. A. hopes B. argues C. decides D. suggests
46. A. In other words B. Once in a while C. First of all D. At this time
47. A. discussing B. settling down C. comparing with D. studying
48. A. extra B. enough C. several D. countless
49. A. secondly B. again C. also D. alone
50. A. suggestion B. conclusion C. decision D. discovery
51. A. with B. into C. for D. to
52. A. unexpectedly B. late C. clearly D. often
53. A. simple B. different C. quick D. sudden
54. A. fortunate B. easily C. clearly D. immediately
55. A. recorded B. competed C. tested D. accepted
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C和D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A
Queen Elizabeth II is not only the queen of the United Kingdom, but she is also the queen of other 16 countries, including Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Jamaica. Her face is seen on stamps and coins all around the world.
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor was born in London on April 21st 1926. Her parents were George, the Duke of York, and Elizabeth, the daughter of the Earl and Count-ness of Strathmore. As a child, Princess Elizabeth lived with her parents and younger sister in London and Windsor. Every summer, she traveled to Scotland to visit her mother’s parents. She was interested in all sorts of sports, but her favorites were horse riding and swimming. She was also fond of acting, art and music.
As princess Elizabeth grew older, she started to play a part in British public life. When she was 14, she broadcast a radio message to all the children of Britain and the Common-wealth共和国). Two years later, she carried out her first public engagement, and started to go on official tours shortly after that. After a tour to South Africa in 1946, she married Philip Mountbatten. The couple had four children: Prince Charles, born in 1948, Princess Anne, born in 1950, Prince Andrew, born in 1960 and Prince Edward, born in 1964. www.xkb1.com #p#分页标题#e#
After her father died, Princess Elizabeth became Queen Elizabeth II in a ceremony held in London in 1953. As a queen, she has many duties, and leads a very busy life. She travels throughout the world, meeting the leaders of other countries, and attends a large number of official functions. She also holds a meeting every week with the British Prime Minister. Every year, on Christmas Day, she broadcast a message to the people of British and the Commonwealth, talking about her hopes for the future.
Queen Elizabeth has been on the throne for more than 40 years and has become one of the most famous women in the world. Lots of people in British believe that she tries hard to understand her people and be a good queen. More than her title, this quality has earned her much love and respect.
56. Queen Elizabeth II ________
A. is only queen of the United Kingdom. B. is queen of Australia and the USA
C. is queen of 16 different countries D. is queen of 17 different countries
57. As she grew older, Princess Elizabeth _______.
A. started to take part in British public life. B. broadcast several radio messages
C. went on many tours to South Africa
D. stopped playing a part in British public life.
58. Queen Elizabeth’s four children are called ________.
A. Prince Charles, Prince Philip, Prince Edward and Princess Elizabeth
B. Prince Andrew, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Princess Anne.
C. Princess Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward
D. Prince Edward, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, Prince Charles
59. Today, Queen Elizabeth__________
A. holds a meeting every fortnight with the British Prime Minister
B. is always busy carrying out her royal duties.
C. does not lead a very busy life.
D. rarely leaves the UK.
60. Which of the following statement is true?
A. She talks about her hopes for the future every day.
B. Princess Elizabeth became Queen Elizabeth II in 1960.
C. She has been on the throne for more than forty years.
D. Lots of people in Britain depreciate her.
As students across the country have their yearly flu shots 打流感疫苗), doctors across the world are preparing against a possible outbreak of bird flu that few current vaccines 疫苗) will guard against. The likelihood of a bird flu spreading among humans is very high, the World Health Organization warned recently. European countries worry about bird flu very much, since many migratory birds 候鸟) start to fly back from the North.
There are at least 15 different types of bird flu virus around the world. The possible outbreak may be caused by a virus known as H5N1. It was first found to have spread from a bird to a human in Hong Kong in 1997. In addition to Asia, this bird flu has been found among birds in Romania, Turkey, Russia and Kazakhstan. Xkb1.com #p#分页标题#e#
关键字：高二英语 高二英语期末考试 英语期末试题 期中考试