New Concept English 专项训练
数词, 冠词, 介词, 动词时态变化, 比较级和最高级
1. radio 2. knife 3. glass 4. shelf
5. boss 6. dress 7. housewife 8.postman
9. leaf 10. church 11. mouth 12. family
13. tie 14. tomato 15. piano 16. baby
17. tooth 18. country 19. key 20 potato
21. match 22. box 23. hour 24. hero 25. Greman
二 用冠词a, an, the 或 some , any 填空, 如果不需要,则用 / 代替.
1. Alice is ____ air-hostess. Her father is ____ engineer and her mother is _____ housewife. They all play ______ tennis very well.
2. He has ____ uncle and his uncle lives in ____ United Kindom. He first saw him in ____ autumn of 1978. 7. We need _____ ink, is there _____ left?
3. It is better to tell ______ truth than to tell _______ lies.
4. Will you have ______ more tea? There s plenty in the pot.
5. There is ___university near my home. Every Saturday evening,___ students hold ____ party. ___ are dancing, ____ are singing. They make a lot of noise.
6. Get me ________ cigarettes, please.______ kind will do.
1. Can you see the words written ________ the blackboard?
2. She is taking the children out _______ a walk.
3. You can choose the best one ________ them.
4. Jack broke the chocolate _______ several pieces.
5. There are two bridges ______ the river.
6. There is a slogan _______ the wall.
7. He sits ________ his desk all day _______his head _______ his hands. He is deep in thought.
8. _______ the help _______ the teachers, the students have made great progress _______their study.
9. He will be back _______ a minute.
10. The teacher is standing _______ the class.
11.Our train arrived_____Shanghai_____6:30______a foggy November day
1. Tom ______ ill last week, he ______ much better now.
2. Jimmy and his sister _______ here several days ago.
They________ for Beijing yesterday.
3. He ___________ a bath when the telephone ________.
4. While I __________ the dinner, he ___________ the paper.
5. He arrived just as I _____________ the phone.
6. After I heard the news, I ___________ to see him.
7. We ____________ disappointed if there is no snow for Christmas.
8. You ____________ ! Stop it, and tell the truth like a man.
9. I _________ hungry since five o clock this morning.
10.His hair is long; he ________ a haircut tomorrow.
11. A: _______ Mr. Smitch ________ for Beijing today or tomorrow?
B: Oh, he ____ already. He _____ the morning train yesterday.
12. ________ the rain still _______ , or _______ it _______? I want to go shopping today.
13. No one _________ the television, so Father turned it off.
14. He usually ______ up at 6 o clock in the moring, but he ______ to get up very early yesterday morning, because he wanted to catch a train.
15. This big car ________ by a 19-year-old girl in trhe car race yesterday. 16. The boy____________ to the party yet, but I think he will be invited soon.
1. good 2. bad4.little
3.beautiful 5. many
6. small 7. fat 8. thin
9. pretty 10. dirty
介词, 情态动词, 形容词比较级, 反意疑问句
1. The fur coat is not ____ fashion now.
2. The boss is busy now. Can you wait ______ two o clock in the afternoon?
3. Have you seen the film Murder on the orient Express ______ a B.B.C. Television programme?
4. The examiner asked the students to write their names ____ the top of paper.
5. In many countries people can buy things ______ installments.
6. Please turn ______the light, it s dark now.
7. When the boy got ______ the bus, he found that two policemen were walking towards him in the street.
8. I took three books ______ me when I came out of the library.
9. Last year I travelled ______ a very large and beautiful ship to Hong Kong.
10. Have you made _____ your mind where to go during the summer vacation?
11. When I am ______ work, don t bother me.
12. When Miss Jones came _________. She found the doctors and nurses standing by her bed.
13. Mary went to open the door and looked out _______ the garden.
14. This monkey belonged ______ an old man who was fond of monkeys.
15. She spent two evenings _______ playing chess.
16. I am looking forward _______ your visit here.
17. He is sitting at the table covered _______ flowers.
18. What s ______ today s newspaper?
19. They ran wildly crying ________help where no help could be.
20. My little brother dreams _________ becoming a seaman.
1. You _____ take an umbrella, I am sure it won t rain.
2. You _____ cross the road when the lights are red.
3. She has fallen asleep, she _____be very tired.
4. He has eaten a lot at lunch, he _____ be seriously ill.
5. What s the matter with you? You look pale, you ______ go to see the doctor.
6. You _____ do whatever you like at home, but you _____ keep the rules at school.
7. The streets are so wet that it ___ rained last night.
8. She seems to know nothing about the accident. She _____ been here.
9. He is not at home, he ____ gone to the office.
10. The box is very heavy. I think there ______ some books in it.
1. An elephant is __________ than a horse.
2. This is the ___________ servant we have ever emplyed.
3. My elder sister is four years __________ than I.
4. A car can not run _______________ a train, but it can run _____ than a bicycle.
5. Beijing is one of _____________ cities in our country.
6. A: Are you busy now? B: No, I am not ___________ I was yesterday.
7. To a European, Chinese is ________________ than French.
8. The Yangtze River is the _________________ river in China.
9. He studies ___________ than I do, so that he often gets high marks.
1. It isn t snowing hard now, ______________?
2. Tim is upstairs, ______________?
3. You are not coming to the meeting tomorrow, ______________?
4. You haven t seen the film yet, ________________?
5. The workers aren t Dutch, _______________?
7. He can play tennis very well, _________________?
8. Mary studied very hard, _________________?
9. Mr. Li couldn t speak English very well, __________________?
10. Mother has cooked the meal, ___________________?
11. He will visit London next month, ______________?
12.They won t go to the park this afternoon, _________________?
13.Peter hopes to wash the clothes himself, _________________?
14.Mrs. Food was in Paris last spring, ______________?
15.You have a sister, ______________?
16.He had a good swim the day before yesterday, ________________?
17.The man wants to go to Trafalgar Square, ______________?
18.He was going to the dining-hall, _________________?
19.You like stories, _______________?
20.Harry may go abroad this year, _______________?
21.Everyone likes her, _____________? /_________________?
22.There is never a sports meeting hold in our school, _____________?
23.She was unhappy just then, ______________?
1. Father came ______ Sally was slipping on the floor.
A. while B. just as C. when D. as
2. I am a student, ______?
A. isn t I B. am IC. aren t I D. don t I
3. Comrade Chang did quite well, he made very ______mistakes.
A. a little B. a few C. little D. few
4. _____ the typewriter to the next room, and ____ the recorder here.
A. Bring, takeB. Take, bringC. Carry, takeD. Bring, carry
5. As you are ____ insistent person, I will go with you.
A. so B. suchC. a so D. such an
6. The men _____were all engineers.
A. which I talked B. to those I talked C. those I talked to D. I talked to
7. Your book is on the floor. ___________
A. Pick it up!B. Put up it!C. Pick it! D. Take up it!
8. There are only _____cigarettes in the box. I have too____ time to buy any today.
A. a few, littleB. a little, fewC. a few, a little D. a little, a few
9. I would like to ___to your English teacher if he is not too busy now.
A. ask B. tell C. say D. talk
10. Harry hasn t passed in the exam. ___Dick.
A. So hasB. Neither has C. Either has D. Nor is
11. Don t eat too ____ before going to bed Mum said to me.
A. many B. much C. few D. lot
12. Please don t say anything that might ____ her feelings.
A. injure B. hurt C. wound D. damage
13. The little boy____ his pencil everywhere, but he couldn t_____it.
A. was looking for, find B. was looking after, find
C. was finding, look at D. was finding, look after
14. Li Yin is not _____ today. She is ill.
A. good B. well C. better D. best
15. He has been in Shanghai ____ last month.
A. forB. since C. after D. before
16. I hate this snow and frost. Shall we go to a country with a warmer_?
A. climate B. weatherC. days D. season
17. That s the place ______last year.
A. which we visited B. at which we visited
C. where we visited it D. in where we visited
18. ____will you get to Xi an? By plane.
A. when B. where C. HowD What
19. She lets each of the boys _____ a bar of chocolate.
A. has B. having C. to have D. have
20. You are not so wise ______he.
A. as B. than C. to D. over
1. Mathematics are my favorite subject. ___________
2. They have no any time to waste. ___________
3. Have you ever gone to Hangzhou? ___________
4. He asks me what shall we do after lunch. ___________
5. I have done my homework yesteray. ___________
6. A number of students is there. ___________
7. Here are two books. Which one do yo like best? ___________
8. It is old enough for the boy to go to school. ___________
10. Between you and he, there is a difference. ___________
11. They are talking each other.____________