1. She simply spoke. 她只不过说说而已。
She spoke simply. 她说起话来简洁、直率。
2. She saw him through. 她一直帮助他到最后。
She saw through him. 她看透了他的为人。
3. I hope she will soon get over it. 我希望她很快就会忘掉这件事。
I hope she will soon get it over. 我希望她很快就会结束这件事。
4. They are sure to meet him. 他们肯定会见到他。
They are sure of meeting him. 他们深信会见到他。
5. He was clever enough to be a doctor. 他够聪明，能当医生。
He was clever enough to have been a doctor. 以他的聪明，本来完全可以成为一个医生的。
6. I didn't need to answer the questions,which saved a lot of trouble. 我无须回答问题，省了好多事。
I needn't have answered the questions,which would have saved me a lot of trouble. 我根本就没有必要回答那些问题，要是那样的话，就会省掉好多事了。
7. Now I know what novel he has written.现在我知道他写的是什么小说。
Now I know what a novel he has written.现在我知道他写了一部了不起的小说。
8. He turned thief. 他堕落成为小偷。
He turned out a thief. 原来他是个小偷。
9. There were constant conflicts among employers, workers and trade union officials. 雇主内部、工人内部、工会职员内部都经常发生摩擦。
There were constant conflicts between employers, workers and trade union officials. 雇主、工人和工会职员三方面经常发生摩擦。
10. They are searching the thief.他们正在搜查小偷。
They are searching for the thief.他们正在搜捕小偷。
Show him to the door. 陪他到门口。
13. Have you finished the paper? 你写完论文了吗?
Have you finished with the paper? 这论文你不再需要了吗?
14. Mary went to the shop only to discover how expensive the dress was. 玛丽到店铺里去，只是为了要看看衣服到底有多贵。
Mary went to the shop only to discover that the dress was too expensive. 玛丽到店里去，却发现衣服太贵了。
15. He went there to see if everything was ready for the journey.
He went there to see that everything was ready for the journey.
16. Please let me know if she returns tonight. 如果她今晚回来，请让我知道。
Please let me know if she will return tonight. 请让我知道她今晚是否回来。
17. After the accident Henry was mad,and so he was. 事故之后亨利疯了，他确实疯了。
After the accident Henry was mad, and so was he. 事故之后亨利疯了，他也疯了。(he与Henry不是同一人;再如People said Joe succeeded; so he did, and so did she. 人们说乔成功了，是的，他是成功了，她也成功了