There was once a shepherd who had a daughter whose great beauty1a lot of young men from all over the country.
One day, the shepherd asked his daughter, “Dear, what kind of2do you want to be your husband?”
The daughter said, “My future husband can be poor3also a wealthy man.”
“How could that be? Poor and rich are two4things!” said her father.
“Dear father, a poor person also has his wealth,” said the daughter. The shepherd then announced that his daughter was ready for5 .
Therefore, there were many men6outside the shepherd is home. A few7gentlemen came forward followed by their servants and camels8gifts. “We are rich men. We have jewelry, silk, fur and red carpets. Please9one of us.” The shepherd is daughter just10 .
One11one young men came forward but they were turned12by her. The shepherd began to worry.
Suddenly, a plainly dressed young man appeared.
The shepherd asked, “Young man, you look so poor. What can you13my daughter?”
“My wealth is always with me and it is my14 ,” the young man said. “I am a good tailor. I am also a good15 . I can make tables and chairs within an hour.”
The lady smiled. The young man continued, “I can cook too. I can cook16meals. I do not have17servants or jewelry. But with my pair of hands, I18have a whole life of wealth!”
“That is great!” shouted the shepherd is daughter19 . “You are wealthier than any of them because you have a pair of precious hands. You are my20of an ideal husband!”
1. A. drew B. pulled C. attracted D. absorbed
2. A. men B. man C. a man D. the man
3. A. but B. and C. so D. or
4. A. same B. similar C. opposite D. different
5. A. work B. job C. project D. marriage
6. A. seating B. seated C. gathered D. gathering
7. A. old B. well dressed C. ragged D. poorly dressed
8.A. carried B. carry C. carrying D. having carried
9. A. have B. elect C. choose D. make
10. A. smiled B. laughed C. cried D. glared
11. A. by B. after C. to D. past
12. A. out B. in C. up D. down
13. A. help B. offer C. supply D. provide
14. A. heart B. hands C. feet D. food
15. A. carpenter B. worker C. employee D. artist
16. A. smelly B. dull C. terrible D. delicious
17. A. many B. any C. much D. some
18. A. did B. would C. could D. do
19. A. excitedly B. obviously C. bitterly D. badly
20. A. plan B. future C. idea D. advice