例1.“把…看作…”这个短语，在新教材的不同册中出现了不同的表达方式,即：think of …as…; regard…as…; consider…as…;treat…as…;look on…as…; see…as，refer to…as.
(2) 名词：打击; 罢工等。
a. A very big earthquake struck Tianjin in1976. (灾害等的)突然袭击
b. When I was passing the National Hall, I heard the clock strike twelve.(时钟)敲打
c. Immediately Holmes jumped up from the bed and struck a match. 擦(火柴)
d. The ship struck a coral bed. 撞上
e. What struck me most was the drive of the masses. 使感动
f. A good idea struck me. 突然想到(某个主意)
g. They are striking for better working conditions. 罢工
h. He struck the man with a stick. 打
i. The workers were on strike. 在罢工
⑵can not (never)…too…意为“再……也不为过;越……越好”。
⑶no/no one/ nobody/ nothing…but…意为“都……;没有……不……”。
⑷not a little, not a few 意为“不少的，相当多的”。例如：
He has given us not a little trouble.
Not a few people have made that mistake, but most of them regret it.
My mother used to ask me what was the most important part of the body. Through the years I would guess at what I thought was the correct answer.
When I was younger, I thought ___36____ was very important to us as humans, so I said, "My ears, Mommy."
She said, "No, many people are deaf. But you ___37___ thinking about it and I will ask you again soon."
Several years passed ___38___ she asked me again. Since making my ___39___ attempt, I had contemplated (思考) the correct answer. So this time I told her, "Mommy, sight is very important to everybody, so it ___40___ be our eyes."
She looked at me and told me, "You are learning fast, but the answer is not ___41___ because there are many people who are ___42___.
Over the years, Mother asked me a couple more times and always her answer was, "No, __43___ you are getting smarter every year, my child."
Then last year, my Grandpa __44___. Everybody was hurt. Everybody was crying. My mom looked at me when it was our ___45___ to say our final goodbye to Grandpa. She asked me, "Do you know the most important body part ___46___, my dear?"
I was ___47___ when she asked me this now. I always thought this was a ___48___ between her and me. She saw the ___49___ on my face and told me, "This question is very ___50___. It shows that you have really lived your life." I saw her eyes well up with tears. She said, "My dear, the most important body part is your ___51___."
I asked, "Is it because it holds up your head?"
She replied, "No, it is because it can ___52___ the head of a friend or ___53___ one when they cry. Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on ___54___ in life, my dear. I only hope that you have enough love and friends that you will have a shoulder to cry on when you need it."
___55___ I knew the most important body part is not a selfish one. It is sympathetic to the pain of others.
36. A. taste B. sight C. hear D. sound
37. A. stop B. need C. keep D. pause
38. A. until B. when C. after D. before
39. A. second B. first C. last D. another
40. A. must B. should C. can D. may
41. A. natural B. wrong C. correct D. available
42. A. lame B. blind C. deaf D. disabled
43. A. but B. andC. so D. for
44. A. passed byB. passed outC. passed awayD. passed over
45. A. chance B. turn C. way D. duty
46. A. still B. though C. then D. yet
47. A. pleased B. excited C. shocked D. satisfied
48. A. game B. match C. secret D. promise
49. A. excitementB. confusionC. disappointmentD. anger
50. A. urgentB. necessaryC. interestingD. important
51. A. hands B. feet C. shoulder D. back
52. A. hold B. take C. lift D. carry
53. A. injured B. hated C. loved D. believed
54. A. sometimesB. some timeC. some timesD. sometime
55. A. Then and thereB. MeanwhileC. Here and thereD. Over and over again