He is such a clever boy that everybody likes him.
He was such an honest man that he was praised by the teacher.
They are such interesting novels that I want to read them once again.
He has made such great progress that the teachers are pleased with him.
He had so many falls that he was black and blue all over.
He had so little education that he was unfit for this job.
There were so many people in the street watching the fire that firefighters could not get close to
In fact, his English is one of these articles was so good that Engels wrote him a letter and
praised him for it.
He runs so fast that nobody can catch up with him.
Dr. Wang is so good that everybody loves and respects him. (=He is so good a doctor that
everybody loves and respects him. =He is such a good doctor that everybody loves and respects him.)
一、so that引导目的状语从句时，表示“以便;为了”，从句中常使用can /could /may /might /will /would /should等情态动词或助动词;引导结果状语从句时，从句中一般不用can和may等词，在so that前可以用逗号，意思是“因此;所以”。如：
1. The little boy saved every coin_________ __________he could buy his mother a present on Mother's day.(用所给的短语填空，每个短语只能用一次)(2003大连市) (答案为so that。)
2. She bought a digital camera online she would save a lot of time. (2003扬州市)A.so that B.as soon as C.no matter D.such that (答案为A。)
3.—__________fine day it is today! —Yes,the sunshine is__________beautiful that I'd like to go swimming in the sea. (2003青岛市) A. How, such B. What a, very C. How, so D. What a, so (答案为D。)
每空一词。)(2003北京市海淀区)When the football fans saw Beckham, they got__________excited__________they cried out. (答案为so，that。)
5. The camera is __________expensive__________ I can't afford it. (单项选择)(2004年辽宁省) A. so, that B. such, that C. so, as to D. enough, that (答案为A。)
6. Miss Gao asked a question, but it was__________that nobody could answer it.(2001安徽省)
A.very difficult B. too difficult C. difficult enough D. so difficult (答案为D。)
注意：当that引导的结果状语从句为肯定句时，so ... that ...可以与be ... enough to do转换;当从句为否定句时，可以与too ... to ... 或be not ... enough to do转换。如：
7. David was so careless that he didn't find the mistakes in his test paper. (变为简单句)(2003福州市)
David was__________careless__________find the mistakes in his test paper.
8. A：The boy is so young that he can't look after himself.
B：The boy is not__________to look after himself.(改写句子，使B句与A句意思相近)(2004年桂林市)(答案为old enough。)
so ... that ... 引导结果状语从句有时候可以与such ... that ...句型相互转换。如：
9. The stone is so heavy that I can't lift it up.
It is__________a heavy stone__________I can't lift it up.(改写句子)
(2003南京市) (答案为such, that。)