1. Kathy______ a lot of Spanish by playing with the native boys and girls.
A. picked up B. took up
C. made up D. turned up
2. Don't forget to ____ the ice cream on the way home.
A. hold up B. come up
C. turn up D. pick up
3. In the middle of the night, we ______signals for help from another ship.
A. picked out B. picked up
C. picked on D. picked at
4.You've dropped your pencil.______.
A. Pick up it B. Pick it up
C. Take up it D. Bring it up
5. Trains stop here in order to _____ passengers only.
A. get off B. pick up
C. pull up D. pull in
6.——I heard Back Street Boys would sing at the New Century Theater.
——Where did you ________?
A. pick that up B. put that up
C. make that up D. take that up
7. Without proper lessons, you could ____ a lot of bad habits when playing the piano.
A. give up B. catch up
C. keep up D. pick up
8. You’ll soon after you spend several days on the seaside .
A.hold up YC B.bring up
C.pick up D.take up
9. John _____ knowledge of radio just by staying around the radio station.
A. caught on B. worked up
C. took up D. picked up
10. I might get my brother to come and ___.
A. carry me on B. hold me on
C. pick me up D. take me up
11.——How are you getting on with your business?
——I’m glad to say it is_____.
A. turning up B. taking up
C. breaking up D. picking up