Miss Mary teaches us English.
Mr.Victor came to our classroom to have a talk with us last week.
维克托先生上周来到了我们教室和我们谈话。（to have a talk.... 不定式作状语）
Larke likes the pop music.
Larke has nothing to do today.
Studying English is my favorite.
To help him is my duty.
Working under such a condition is terrible.
在这样的环境下工作太可怕了。（under such a condition 是 working 的状语）
It’s too difficult for him to master English in such a short time.
他在这么短的时间内掌握英语太难了。（for him 作不定式的逻辑主语）
I am sorry to have kept you waiting long.
对不起让你久等了。（to have kept...是不定式的完成形式）
Seen from the mountain, the city looks much more beautiful.
Our coming made him happy.
There are two big swimming pools here.
不定式 主动 被动
一般 to write to be written
进行 to be writing /
完成 to have written to have been written
完成进行 to have been writing /
现在分词 主动 被动
一般 writing being written
完成 having written having been written
过去分词 / written
动名词 主动 被动
一般 writing being written
完成 having written having been written
动词不定式是由 to + 动词原形构成，在句中起名词，形容词和副词的作用，可以担任除谓语以外的其它任何成分。
To master a language is not an easy thing.
To teach English is my favorite.
It’s my pleasure to help you.
动词不定式作主语时可以放在后面，而用 it 作形式主语放在原主语的位置上。
It’s very kind of you to have given us much help.
It’s necessary to find the witness.
某些及物动词可以用动词不定式作宾语，这些动词有decide, begin, help, begin, want, wish, like, forget, learn, ask.
What I wish is to learn English well.
I like to help others if I can.
3. 动词不定式作宾语补语 。
We expect you to be with us.
Please ask him to come here quickly.
What I should do is to finish the task soon.
The most urgent thing is to find the boy immediately.
There are many ways to solve the problem.
I have something important to tell you.
We went to the hospital to see our teacher.
She is making a test to get a kind of useful medicine from a Tibet flower.
not + to + 动词原形
The teacher told us not to swim in that river.
It’s unfair not to tell us.
疑问词who, what , which , when , where , how, why 可以加在不定式的前面，构成不定式短语，使含义更加具体。
Where to go is not known yet.
I don’t know when to begin.
Can you tell me where to get the battery ?
Do you know how to get to the station ?
动词不定式可以带有自己的逻辑主语，构成方法是： for + 逻辑主语 + 不定式。
注意：逻辑主语用宾格形式， for 本身无实际意义，它只表明后面的主语从逻辑上分析是不定式的主语。
It’s necessary for us to help each other.
There are much work for me to finish .
I helped him put the things into the car.
I want to see you again.
Would you like to have a rest ?
We are sorry to have kept you waiting so long.
They seem to have known the answers.
They seem to be working hard.
He is the man to be examined.
There are much work to be done.
动名词是由动词原形 + ing 构成，同现在分词形式一样，在句中可作主语， 宾语，表语和定语。
Talking like that is not polite.
Learning from others is important .
Putting on more clothes is not so good .
动名词可以象动词不定式一样，用 it 先行词代替， 而把动名词写在后面。
It’s no use waiting here, let’s go home.
It’s very difficult climbing this mountain.
The nurse’s job is looking after the patients.
Seeing is believing.
有些动词须用动名词来作宾语，它们是begin, mind, suggest, finish, stop, need, enjoy, miss, keep.
Please stop smoking in the house.
I like reading in the forest.
Do you mind my opening the windows?
She is found of collecting stamp.
She is studying in the reading room.
He slept in the sleeping bag.
动名词的否定形式：not + 动名词
He pretend not knowing it at all.
We considered not doing it now.
I enjoy swimming in the big river.
She regret not having studied the computer hard.
Do you remember having promised me that?
His being looked down upon made him sick.
I can’t really stand being treated like that.
1. European football is played in 80 countries, _______ it the most popular sport in the world.
A. making B. makes C. made D. to make
2. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, ______ it more difficult.
A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make
3. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door _______“Sorry to miss you; will call later.”
A. read B. reads C. to read D. reading
4. I’ve worked with children before, so I know what _______ in my new job.
A. expected B. to be expect ed C. to be expecting D. expects
5. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see _________.
A. carry out B. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out
1. A. 该题考察非谓语动词。四个选项均为make的不同形式，由句中的逗号及空白前后的逻辑关系考虑，此空应填现在分词表结果。
2. B. 并列不定式做表语，否定式在to之前加not
3. D. 现在分词做后置定语修饰message, 其功能相当于一个定语从句，表示的是与主句表示的时间一致的情况；不定式做定语是未来的动作。
4. B “疑问词+不定式”作 know 的宾语。
5. C. 过去分词短语做后置定语，修饰plan。
1.The gas must have been used up, _____ the fire went out of itself.
A. because B. as C. for D. since
2. With his son_____, the old man felt unhappy.
A. to disappoint B. to be disappointed
C. disappointing D. being disappointed
3. Glad to see you back. How long _____ in Russia?
A. did you stay B. have you stayed
C. were you staying D. have you been staying
4. —Don’t look down upon Bob. He has his own advantages.
—Oh, yes. _____ others are weak, he is strong.
A. If B. When C. Though D. Where
5. He is always full of _____ as though he never knew tiredness.
A. strength B. energy C. force D. spirit
6. Gorden got married ____ a woman he met when he was working in New York.
A. to B. / C. with D. at
7. The boss _____ 30 dollars from my salary without any good reason.
A. brought down B. kept back
C. cut off D. held up
8. — Why are you so late?
— Well, ________, my bike broke down halfway.
A. I say B. you understand
C. I mean D. you see
9. The Great Wall is the last place _____ Mr. Smith is going to visit before he leaves Beijing.
A. where B. which C. / D. what
10. —Why not join us in the game?
A. Sure, please do B. No, you do the same
C. Oh, that’s all right D. OK, coming
11. Such good use has been _____ his spare time ____ his English has improved a lot.
A. made of; that B. made of; as C. made in; that D. found in; as
12. Is this research center _____ you visited the modern equipment last year?
A. where B. that C. the one that D. the one where
13. ______ part that women play in ____ society is great.
A. The ; / B. A ; the C. The; the D. A; /
14. Swimmers must be very strong in order to build up speed because of the high resistance of the water. Runners, _____ , must struggle against the heavy resistance of the air and ground.
A. generally B. similarly C. naturally D. probably
15. —I really don’t know how to thank you.
A. I’m glad I’m able to B. Thinking nothing of it
C. I’m glad to have been of help D. It was the most I could do
16. Before liberation, where floods, earthquakes, fires and many other disasters struck, many people were _____ to leaving their hometowns.
A. made B. intended C. reduced D. forced
17. ______ working tirelessly for the hungry, the homeless and the sick, Mother Terasa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
A. Because B. Owing to C. Thanks for D. As
18. ______ when the phone rang.
A. Scarcely I had walked in the door
B. Scarcely had I walked in the door
C. I had walked scarcely in the door
D. I had walked in the door scarcely
19. Mary said it was very important to her that she ____ her work.
A. is liking B. like C. likes D. liked
20. The experts of _____ are ____ to forbid people to smoke in public at present.
A. law; making a law B. law; passing a law
C. the law; making a law D. the law; passing a law
21. The boss asked the young man to be brief and _____ as he had little time to spare.
A. at best B. in place C. to the point D. under control
22. —Did you listen to the speech?
—No, we ______ it. But we had a lot of traffic on our way.
A. must have attended B. shouldn’t have attended
C. could attend D. could have attended
23. The meeting was to ______ at 9 but the manger ____ until twenty minutes later.
A. start; didn’t turn up B. have started; didn’t turn up
C. start; hadn’t turned up D. be started; hadn’t turned up
24. —Why not get some more physical exercise?
A. I feel tired out
B. I’ve lost my color
C. Could you tell me about any good sports I would like
D. Some sports will do you good
25. To my disappointment, the computer I had ____ was out of order again.
A. repaired B. repaired it C. had repaired it D. had repaired
26. — Which share is meant for me ?
— You can take _____half. They’re exactly the same.
A. this B. any C. each D. either
27. The situation has become extremely tense. A war ___ break out any time between the two sides.
A. can B. will C. could D. must
28. I didn’t like aunt Lucy, who _____ without warning and bringing us presents.
A. always turned up B. had always turned up
C. has always turned up D. was always turning up
29. — John, you’ve never been to the Great Wall since you came to China, I’m afraid.
A. No, I’ve just been there with Mary
B. Yes, never. How about you?
C. No, but how I wish to.
D. Yes, but I’d like to as soon as possible.
30. The nurse treated the naughty boy very kindly, but her patience ____ at last.
A. went down B. used up C. got away D. gave out
31. —I’m not sure what time I’ll arrive, maybe half past seven or a quarter to eight.
—___, I’ll be there as early as possible.
A. Anyhow B. However C. Thus D. Therefore
32. — Did you enjoy yourself at the party?
— Sorry to say I didn’t. It was _____ a meeting than a party.
A. more like B. rather like C. less like D. more or less
33. — Are you satisfied with his work, sir?
— Well, I’m afraid it couldn’t be ______.
A. any better B. the best C. any worse D. the worst
34. I think it _____ to let farmers have their own land. In that way, they can farm the land by themselves, and food production will be higher.
A. no good B. makes sense C. talks sense D. usefulness
35. If you go to Xi’an, you’ll find the palaces there more splendid than commonly .
A. supposed B. suppose C. to suppose D. supposing
36. We were just ______ calling you up ____ you come in.
A. about; when B. on the point of; while
C. on the point of; when D. on the point of; as
37. — Kennedy Airport, please. I have to be there by 7.
— _____ but I’ll do my best.
A. No problem B. OK
C. I can’t promise D. I can’t do that
38. — What were you doing when I phoned you yesterday evening?
— I _____ my homework and was starting to take a bath.
A. had just finished B. was finishing
C. have already finished D. was going to finish
39. Anyone who has ridden on a railway train knows how rapidly another train flashes by when it is traveling ______.
A. in the same direction B. in the opposite direction
C. toward the opposite direction D. against the same direction
40. —I saw Jim at the meeting yesterday.
—Did you? I think he _____ have attended, for he is an expert.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. shouldn’t D. couldn’t
41. —I’d rather have some wine, if you don’t mind.
A. No, you’d better not B. Not at all, anything you want
C. Thank you all the same D. Yes, but not good
42. Historically, _____ main material for making tables has been wood, but _____ metal and stone have also been used.
A. the; / B. /; / C. the; the D. /; the
43. The sun was shining brightly, _____ everything there ____ more beautiful.
A. making; look B. to make; looked
C. and made; looking D. and making; be looked
44. — How can I use this washing machine?
— Well, just refer to the ______.
A. explanations B. expressions C. introductions D. directions
45. Readers can _____ very smoothly without knowing the exact meaning of each word.
A. get along B. get over C. get down D. get through
46. Unfortunately when I arrived she ____, so we only had time for a few words.
A. just left B. has just left C. was just leaving D. had just left
47. Their cheerful voices showed that they were having a ____ discussion.
A. noisy B. serious C. friendly D. lively
48. —_____ I tell the head teacher all that has happened?
—No, you _____! Mr. Xin would be terribly angry.
A. Will; needn’t B. would; can
C. Should; mustn’t D. Must; don’t have to
49. So far, several ships have been reported missing ____ the coast of Bermuda Island.
A. off B. along C. on D. around
50. Do you enjoy listening to records? I find records are often _____or better than actual performance.
A. as good as B. as good C. as well as D. good as
1—10 CCADB ABDCD
11—20 ADABC DBBDA
21—30 CDBCD DCDCD
31—40 ABCBA CCABA
41—50 BAADA CCCAA