1. — Could I eat in class, Madam?
— Sorry, you .
2. — Can you ride a bike, Jerry?
— Yes, I .
3. — May I take my friend to the party?
— Of course .
4. — Could your father speak English when he was as young as you?
— Yes, .
5. — May I watch TV for another ten minutes?
— No, . It’s time for bed.
Li Feng: Do you love cartoons, Ji Kang?
Ji Kang: Yes, I (1) .
Li Feng: What is your favourite cartoon?
Ji Kang: Umm, I love Calabash Brothers best.
Li Feng: I love it, (2) . Which calabash do you love best?
Ji Kang: I love the blue calabash. He (3) disappear (消失) quickly, so others (4) see him. It’s great. What about you?
Li Feng: I love the yellow calabash. He’s strong. Nothing (5) hurt him.
Ji Kang: Do you have the CD? I’d love to watch it again. I went to the CD store last weekend, but I (6) find it.
Li Feng: Yes, I do.
Ji Kang: Really? (7) I borrow it?
Li Feng: No (8) .
Ji Kang: Thanks a lot, Li Feng!
1. The apple is so sweet. (how)
2. My sister is very careful. (what)
3. These villagers (村民) were friendly. (how)
4. He told an amazing story. (what)
5. The old man laughed loudly! (how)
Ⅰ. 1. can’t 2. can 3. you may 4. he could 5. you can’t
Ⅱ. 1. do 2. too 3. can 4. can’t 5. can 6. couldn’t 7. Could/Can/May 8. problem
Ⅲ. 1. How sweet the apple is!
2. What a careful girl my sister is!
3. How friendly these villagers were!
4. What an amazing story he told!
5. How loudly the old man laughed!