( )6. A. I’m going to school. B. Very well. C. By bike.
( )7. A. Because it’s warm.
B. Because I like swimming.
C. Because we can skate.
( )8. A. Me, too. B. The same to you. C. That’s right.
( )9. A. It’s 20℃. B. It’s snowy. C. It’s a fine day.
( )10. A. Thank you very much. B. You’re welcome.
C. They’re glad.
( )11. It’s autum in China now.
( )12. The weather is windy and cold.
( )13. My friends are eating and drinking in the park.
( ) 14. There are some boys making snowmen in the park.
( )15. Everyone is having a good time.
( )16. Who does Stacey Burt usually have Christmas Da y with?
A. Her parents. B. Her father. C. Her grandparents.
( )17. Who cooks a turkey?
A. Stacey’s grandparents. B. Stacey’s father. C. Stacey’s sister.
( )18. How is the turkey?
A. It’s delicious, but it’s too small.
B. It’s delicious, but it’s too big.
C. We don’t know.
( )19. What do they do after lunch?
A. Go to church. B. Play computer games.
C. Open their Christmas presents.
( )20. What will Burt’s parents buy for her this year?
A. A picture. B. A book. C. A computer.
( )1. Christmas Day is coming. Each of them _____ busy _____ for Christmas.
A. are; preparing B. is; preparing C. is; prepa re D. are; prepare
( )2.—What’s the best time to go to Kunming?
A. The weather is fine. B. You can go there on rainy days.
C. Any time is OK. D. You should go with your friend.
( )3. They had a meeting yesterday and decided _____ West Hill.
A. climbing B. to climb C. climb D. climbed
( )4.—_____ was the temperature yesterday?
—Sorry, I don’t know.
A. How B. How many C. How much D. What
( )5.—Who _____ these pictures on the wall?
A. takes up B. gets up C. put up D. went up
( )6. In Spain, people eat grapes _____ good luck in the new year.
A. for B. from C. of D. with
—I’m fine. Thank you.
A. How is the weather? B. What do you think of it?
C. What about you? D. How are you doing?
( )8.—The sun is shining _____ and it’s very hot.
—Let’s go and have a drink.
A. bright B. heavily C. brightly D. heavy
( )9. I wish to go to Tian’anmen Square and watch the national flag _____.
A. going up B. goes up C. go up D. to go up
( )10. When spring comes, the weather _____ warm and trees _____ green.
A. turn; get B. gets; turns C. gets; turn D. turns; get
( )11.—I plan to go to New Zealand for my holiday.
A. Good idea! B. Have a good trip!
C. Don’t go there . D. You, too.
( )12.—Kangkang, you _____ stay in the sun too long.
—Oh, Mom. I won’t do that again.
A. should B. shouldn’t C. had better D. must
( )13. It’s a good time _____ in spring. Many people enjoy it.
A. for flying kites B. flying kites
C. to flying kites D. fly kites
A: Hi, Kangkang! What a cold day!
B: Yes, it’s very cold. I know you are from Australia. 16
A: In Australia, summer is from December to February and winter is in June, July and August.
B: Oh! 17 When it’s spring in China, it’s fall in Australia.
A: You’re right. 18 It’s very warm now.
A: No, it ’s not cold at all.
B: That’s great! 20
A: I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful trip there.
B: Thanks. Let’s go.
A. Is it very cold in winter in Australia?
B. The seasons in Australia is different from those in China.
C. It’s very cold in Australia.
D . I wish to go to Australia for my holiday next time.
E. Swimming is my favorite sport.
F. In Australia, there is beautiful sunshine（阳光）every day.
G. What’s the weather like in Australia?
16. _____ 17. _____ 18. _____ 19. _____ 20. _____
People celebrate Mother’s Day in the USA. It’s also a holiday in some 21 countries. It is on 22 Sunday in May. It’s a day 23 mothers. On this day mothers usually get flowers and cards 24 their children. On the cards children will 25 “Thanks, Mom”，“To my dearest mother”,“Best wishes for Mother’s Day”and so on.
How does the 26 for this holidays come? It was from Miss Anna M. Jarris. She 27
in Virginia(弗吉尼亚). Her mother loved her very much. And she loved her mother very much, too. But her mother died(死) 28 she was young. After that, she wrote letters to some important people. In her letters she asked them 29 a day for all mothers. Then the first Mother’s Day 30 on the second Sunday in May, 1913 in the USA.
( )21. A. else B. other C. others D. the other
( )22. A. second B. two C. the second D. twice
( )23. A. to thank B. for thanks C. for thank D. to miss
( )24. A. to B. for C. from D. with
( )25. A. say B. write C. talk D. speak
( )26. A. sound B. area C. service D. idea
( )27. A. is born B. were born C. born D. was born
( )28. A. because B. before C. when D. after
( )29. A. to decide B. decided C. decide D. deciding
( )30. A. falls B. falling C. fell D. fall
How is everything?
The weather in Cuba is nice and fine. The sun shines and it is hot. It’s the best time to swim. I go swimming a lot. I ’m learning to surf (冲浪), too. It sounds great! Right? Tell me something interesting about you.
Hope you’re having a good time!
How are you?
Everything goes well. It’s snowing in Harbin. We are making snowmen. I am so glad I can ski（滑雪）now. It’s very interesting. I’m having a good time here! I’m looking forward to your e-mail.
Give my best wishes to your family.
In America, Thanksgiving Day is an important festival. It comes on the fourth Thursday in November. On this day, people walk or drive cars full of flowers on the streets and eat turkey and pumpkin pies at home. They have different kinds of activities to celebrate it. It’s a day to remember the history and to show their thanks.
Peop le usually come back home on that day. All the family members get together with some friends. Everyone is glad to see each other. At about four o’clock the family and their friends sit down to dinner. They give thanks for the good things they got, and then start to share the turkey. People always have a big dinner. They usually eat turkey and pumpkin pies. After dinner, no one go away and they all sit around and talk, play word games, or tell jokes（笑话）until it is time to go to sleep. It is always difficult to leave because Thanksgiving Day is one of the few days for family get-together around the year.
( )36. This year November 1st is Friday. When is the Thanksgiving Day in 2013？
A. November 21st. B. November 24th.
C. November 28th. D. November 29th.
( )37. Thanksgiving Day is a day to ______.
A. remember the history
B. show people’s thanks
C. have a family get-together
D. A, B and C
( )38. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. People usually go on a trip on Thanksgiving Day.
B. Before they start to share the turkey, people give thanks for the good things they got.
C. After dinner, everyone goes to bed at once.
D. People don’t eat turkey and pumpkin pies on Thanksgiving Day.
( )39. The word“leave”mea ns ______ in Chinese.
A. 离开. B. 留下. C. 出走. D. 出发.
( )40. The best title (标题) for the passage (短文) is ______.
A. Get-together day B. Thanksgiving Day
C. An important festival D. Saying thanks day
Welcome to England!
The weather of England often changes. It can be rainy, sunny, cloudy, windy, warm, foggy or cold at any time of year. If it’s raining when you get up in the morning, it can be hot and sunny in the afternoon.
In England, shops are usually open from 9:00 in the morning to 5:30 in the afternoon. On Sundays some shops are open from 10:00 a. m. to 4:00 p. m. But most shops are closed. Banks, museums（博物馆）or other places are open from 10:00 a. m. to 5:00 p. m. You can go to the parks at any time.
All the cities have buses, trains and taxis（出租车）. People wait in line (排队等候) for buses and they will not be happy if you come to the front from the end of the line. Don’t forget that, traffic goes on the left.
Be careful and enjoy your time here.
41. In England, shops are usually open from _____ a. m. to_____p. m.
42. _____ to drive or walk on the left in England.
（ ）43. The weather in England often changes.
（ ）44. You can’t go to the parks on Sundays in England.
（ ）45. The passage（短文）may be ______.
A. a map of England B. from a school newspaper
C. a travel ad（广告） D. from a science magazine
46. We enjoyed the bright full m_____ on the night of the Mid-autumn Festival. It was so beautiful!
47. —Oh, who is k_____ on the door? Jack, please go and see.
48. Don’t climb the mountain a_____. You’d better ask some friends to go with you.
49. —Which is the m_____ important festival in China?
—Spring Festival, of course.
50. The girl o_____ the box and found a card in it.
51. It’s raining _____ (heavy). We should stay at home.
52. —Did you have a good time at the party?
—Yes, we enjoyed _____ (us).
53. The _____ (leaf) often turn yellow and fall from the trees in autumn.
54. I always think I’m a _____ (luck) boy.
55. The woman _____ (carry) her baby on the back and went to the bus station.
at, from, also, not, early, around, believe, miss, late, travel, arrive, in
Do you like traveling by plane? I 56 many people will say “yes”. But I 57 like it at all. First, an airport（飞机场）is usually far 58 the city. It’ll take me a few hours 59 at the airport or go back to the city. Second, planes are often 60 . Third, I can’t open the windows on a plane and the food there is not nice.
I like 61 by train. Trains are safe and fast now. High-speed trains can travel 62 a speed of 250 kilometers to 300 kilometers an hour. And railway stations are usually in the center of the city. If I 63 a train, I can take the next one right away. On the train, I can walk 64
and open the windows. I can 65 enjoy the scenery（风景）on the way. It’s interesting.
56. _____ 57. _____ 58. _____ 59. _____ 60. _____
61. _____ 62. _____ 63. _____ 64. _____ 65. _____
How was your trip? Wonderful.
How did you go to Guilin? By train.
How long did you stay there? For five days.
What did you see there? Green hills, clean water, strange caves (岩洞).
What did you do? Go boating in Lijiang River.
What did you eat? Guilin rice noodles.
听 力 材 料
Unit 8 单元测试
1. Kate hopes to visit the Great Wall with her classmates.
2. Mike’s family plan to see his grandparents in London this summer.
3. Bill’s sister is in the USA. and he wants to visit her.
4. Jane wishes to go to Yunnan this holiday.
5. Kangkang would like to visit Australia with his uncle in the holidays.
6. Hello, Jane! How is it going?
7. Why do you like summer?
8. Merry Christmas!
9. What’s the high temperature today?
10. Please give my best wishes to your parents.
It’s winter in China. The weather is windy and cold. People are wearing warm clothes, but everyone is having a good time. My friends are eating and drinking in restaurants. In the park, some boys are playing football, and some girls are making snowmen. Some men are taking photos of the snow.
Stacey Burt usually has Christmas Day with her parents in London. In the morning, they go to church. Then Stacey’s father cooks a turkey for their big Christmas lunch. “It’s delicious, ” Stacey says，“But it’s too big!” After lunch, they open their Christmas presents. “I love opening presents,” Stacey says，“It’s interesting. ” Last Christmas，she gave her parents a picture, and they gave her a book. This year her parents will buy a computer for her.
Unit 8 单元测试
Ⅰ.1. E 2. A 3. D 4. C 5. B
Ⅱ.6. B 7. B 8. B 9. A 10. A
Ⅲ.11. F 12. T 13. F 14.F 15.T
Ⅳ.16. A 17. B 18.B 19. C 20. C
Ⅰ.1. B Each of them“他们中的每一个人”，作主语时谓语动词用第三人称单数；be busy doing sth.“忙于做某事”，故选B。
2. C 考查交际用语。根据问句可知是询问去昆明的最佳时间是什么时候，故选C。
3. B decide to do sth.“决定做某事”，故选B。
4. D 询问温度用疑问词what。
5. C take up“从事”；get up“起床”；put up“挂起”；go up“上升”，题干问的是谁把这些图画挂在了墙上。故选C。
6. A for good luck “求好运”，故选A。
7. D 根据答语可知是询问身体状况，选项A询问天气，B询问看法，故选D。
8. C 修饰实义动词应使用副词，B、D选项与题意不符，故选C。
9. C watch后接不带to的不定式时表示看到的全过程，故选C。
10. C turn, get后均可接形容词，get后通常不接表示颜色的形容词。weather不可数，用第三人称单数，trees可数，用动词原形。故选C。
11. B 别人出去旅游，应表示祝愿，故选B。
12. B 根据对话内容可知用否定，故选B。
13. A 句型It’s a good time to do…/for doing…，“是做某事的好时候”。故选A。
14. A keep away from“远离”，故选A。
15. D take…with sb.“随身携带……”，故选D。
Ⅱ. 16. G 17. B 18. F 19. A 20. D
Ⅲ. 21. B else后不接名词，other在此作形容词，后接名词，C、D不对，故选B。
22. C 序数词前应加定冠词the，故选C。
23. A It’s a day to do …/for doing…，故选A。
24. C 从孩子那里收到礼物，故选C。
25. B 在卡片上写，故选B。
26. D sound“声音”；area“地区”；service“服务”；idea“想法”，故选D。
27. D 叙述的是过去的事情，应使用一般过去时，故选D。
28. C because表示原因；before“在……以前”；after“在……之后”；when“当……时候”，故选C。
29. A ask sb. to do sth.“请求某人做某事”，故选A。
30. C 叙述的是过去的事情，故选C。
31. D 根据第一封电子邮件第二段第一至三句The weather in Cuba is… time to swim.可知A、B、C三个选项都对，故选D。
32. C 根据第一封电子邮件的第二段第五句I’m learning to surf, too.可知Maria正在学习冲浪，故选C。
33. B 根据第二封电子邮件第二段的第四句I am so glad I can ski now .可知Kangkang现在会滑雪了，故选B。
34. A 根据第二封电子邮件的第二段第六句It’s very interesting.可知Kangkang玩得很开心，故选A。
35. B 根据第一封邮件，第二段第三、四句It’s the best time to swim. I go swimming a lot.可知Maria应该喜欢游泳，故选B。
36. C 十一月一日是星期五，第一个星期四是十一月七日，那么十一月的第四个星期四就是二十八日，故选C。
37. D 根据短文第一段最后一句It’s a day to remember the history and to show their thanks，第二段第二句All the family members get together with some friends.可知A、B、C都对，故选D。
38. B 根据短文第二段第五句可知在分享火鸡之前，他们先表达了感恩之意，故选B。
39. A 根据句意可知感恩节是人们难得聚在一起的日子，因此很难离开。故选A。
40. B 通篇就是围绕Thanksgiving Day这一主题进行叙述的，故选B。
41. 9:00; 5:30 42. Remember 43. T 44. F 45. C