1. Maria eats turkey with his family.
2. Kangkang watches lantern shows.
3. Jane performs lion and dragon dances.
4. Michael gets Christmas presents.
5. Xiaoming made colorful eggs.
A B C D E
6. _____ 7. _____ 8. _____ 9. _____ 10. _____
( )11. Why does Lin Tao like National Day?
A. Because it’s the birthday of the PRC.
B. Because it’s interesting.
C. Because it’s a great country.
( )12. What’s the woman’s favorite Chinese festival?
A. Lantern Festival. B. Spring Festival.
C. Mid-autumn Festival.
( )13. What does the boy give Miss Li on Teachers’ Day?
A. Some flowers. B. Some cards. C. Some pictures.
( )14. When is Judy’s birthday?
A. May 1st. B. June 1st. C. July 1st.
( )15. What festival are they talking about?
A. Teachers’ Day. B. Children’s Day. C. Lantern Festival.
( )16. Mid-autumn Day us ually comes in September or October.
( )17. The cakes are long and don’t look like the moon.
( )18. There are many different kinds of mooncakes.
( )19. On Mid-autumn Day everyone eats dumplings at night.
( )20. The mooncakes are delicious.
( )1. —Merry Christmas!
A. Thank you. B. The same to you.
C. Me, too. D. No problem.
( )2. Children often go to the movies _____ the afternoon of June 1st.
A. in B. at C. on D. /
( )3. The students decorate the classroom _____ colorful lights and stars. It looks beautiful.
A. under B. by C. with D. for
( )4. —Listen! Who_____ the door? Please go and see, Jane.
A. knocks on B. knocked on C. knock on D. is knocking on
( )5. When National Day comes, we have a _____ holiday.
A. seven-day B. seven-days C. seven days D. seven day
( )6. —Please don’t _____ the old picture on the wall.
—Oh, I’m sorry.
A. put on B. put up C. putting on D. putting up
( )7. Many students show their love for teachers _____ giving cards and flowers on Teachers’ Day.
A. to B. by C. at D. with
A: Hello, Michael!
B: Hello, Kangkang! Can you tell me something about the Lantern Festival?
A: Sure. 11
B: Well, when is the Lantern Festival?
B: What do people usually do on this day?
A: 13 They eat sweet dumplings for good luck.
B: Great! 14
A: Yes. People watch lantern sh ows and guess riddles on lanterns. 15
B: How interesting! I learn a lot today. Thank you.
A: You’re welcome.
A. It’s on lunar January 15th.
B. The Lantern Festival means the end of the Spring Festival as well.
C. What would you like to know?
D. Where do you want to go?
E. Is there anything else?
F. They celebrate it on the evening of that day.
G. They eat rice dumplings, too.
11. _____ 12. _____ 13. _____ 14. _____ 15. _____
The Spring Festival is our Chinese people’s special festival. It 16 in January or February. There are twelve different animal names 17 each Chinese year. They are mouse, tiger, rabbit, chicken, dragon 18 . This year is the year of snake(蛇).
19 the Spring Festival, people are busy shopping and cleaning their houses. Every family
20 many kinds of food and drinks. On the eve of the festival, there is 21 a big family dinner. People like eating jiaozi—dumplings. It 22 “reunion（团聚）”and“good luck”. After dinner all the family stay up 23 the New Year. They often watch TV and play games.
On the first day of the lunar New Year, people 24 their new clothes and go to visit relatives（亲戚）and friends. They say“Happy New Year”and give the best wishes to 25 . Everyone has a great time.
( )16. A. will come B. comes C. came D. is coming
( )17. A. for B. in C. on D. to
( )18. A. later on B. right away C. and so on D. as well
( )19. A. After B. On C. When D. Before
( )20. A. prepares B. are preparing C. prepare for D. prepared
( )21. A. never B. seldom C. sometimes D. always
( )22. A. meant B. means C. like D. likes
( )23. A. welcome B. stop C. to welcome D. to stop
( )24. A. wear in B. put on C. dress D. be in
( )25. A. every ot her B. the others C. each other D. one other
In Thailand, the Water Festival is a very big festival. It is a very special festival for all their people. It is the beginning of their New Year. It is usually at the end of March or the beginning of April. Before the Water Festival, people clean their houses and cook nice food. When the Water Festival begins, people splash (泼) water over each other. Everyone gets very wet（湿的）, but they are very happy.
( )26. In Thailand, _____ is very special for all people.
A. New Year B. the Water Festival
C. the Water Day D. the Big Festival
( )27. The Water Festival in Thailand is like _____ in China.
A. the Spring Festival
B. the Lantern Festival
C. the Dragon Boat Festival
D. the Mid-autumn Festival
( )28. When is the festival in Thailand?
A. At the end of April.
B. At the beginning of March.
C. At the end of March or the beginning of April.
D. From March to April.
There are many holidays and festivals. Dads have Father’s Day. Children have Children’s Day. Is there a special day for old people?
Double Ninth Festival is a special day for old people in China. It started long ago. The festival is on lunar September 9th. This year it is on October 13th. On this day, people show love for their grandparents.
People do many different kinds of things on this day. They enjoy flowers, eat special cakes and drink wine(酒).
It’s very interesting. The best way to celebrate it is climbing hills or mountains. People think climbing will bring them good luck and help old people live long lives. Double Ninth Festival is also a good time for a family get-together. And young people give their presents and best wishes to the old.
( )31. _____ is a special day for old people.
A. Father’s Day B. Spring Festival
C. Mid-autumn Festival D. Double Ninth Festival
( )32. What does Double Ninth Festival mean in Chinese?
A. 重阳节. B. 寒食节. C. 端午节. D. 七夕节.
( )33. ______ is the best way to celebrate it.
A. Drinking wine B. Eating special cakes
C. Climbing hills or mountains D. Enjoying flowers
( )34. Why do people like climbing hills on Double Ninth Festival?
A. Because they enjoy climbing hills or mountains.
B. Because they think climbing can bring them good luck.
C. Because they think climbing can help old people live long lives.
D. B and C.
( )35. Which of the following is NOT true about Double Ninth Festival?
A. It’s on October 13th this year.
B. It’s on September 9th every year.
C. People show their love for their grandparents on this day.
D. It’s a good time to get together on Double Ninth Festival.
People live around the world. They like to have celebrations(节日). In China, people celebrate Spring Festival. It is in January or February. They wear red clothes because red is the color for good luck. Chinese children also get money from their parents or grandparents for the Spring Festival. In Gambia(冈比亚)，people celebrate Independence Day(独立日). It is in February. They wear bright clothes and play music at the celebration. In England, people celebrate May Day. It is in May. They wear beautiful clothes to celebrate the coming spring. The children like to dance on this day. In America, people celebrate Thanksgiving Day. It is in No vember. They have a very big dinner with their families or friends. They eat turkey and a lot of other delicious foods. They have a long ta lk after the dinner.
Countries Celebrations 36. Clothes
China Spring Festival January or February 37.
Gambia Independence Day 38. Bright clothes
England 39. May Beautiful clothes
40. Thanksgiving Day November /
41. There is a red national _____(旗) on the playground.
42. Be careful! The bottle is _____(满的) of hot water.
43. She _____(招待) him to dinner yesterday afternoon.
44.—How far is the _____(月亮) from the sun?
—Sorry, I don’t know. Let’s ask our geography teacher.
45. It’s _____(重要的) to obey the traffic rules on the roads.
46. Many students _____ (believe) Kangkang will do well in the race.
47.—Do you like _____ (grape)?
—Yes, they’re delicious.
48. In China, many people think they’ll be _____ (luck) in red clothes on New Year’s Day.
49. The man _____ (shout) at me a few minutes ago.
50. Keep the windows _____ (open), please. It’s a little hot in the room.
interesting, five, begin, race, more
My favorite festival of the year is the Dragon Boat Festival. It is on lunar May 51 . I can eat 52 zongzi on this day. And I can also watch dragon boat 53 near my home. It’s very 54 . The festival means the 55 of hot summer. We usually have a big dinner in the evening.
51. 52. 53. 54. 55.
I’m very glad to get your letter. I had a good time yesterday. __________________________
听 力 材 料
Unit 8 Topic 3
1. Last Easter Day, Maria made colorful eggs to celebrate the festival.
2. Kangkang likes watching lant ern shows on Lantern Festival.
3. On Christmas Day, Jane can get Christmas presents.
4. Michael eats turkey with his family on Thanksgiving Day.
5. On Spring Festival, Xiaoming performs lion and dragon dances and his parents make dumplings.
6. Children are playing with lanterns. They are very happy.
7. Students give flowers to their teacher on Teachers’ Day.
8. On lunar May 5th, people have dragon boat races in many places of China.
9. On National Day, we often go to Tian’anmen Square to watch the national flag go up.
10. On Mid-autumn Festival, Chinese people eat mooncakes with their families.
11. W: Lin Tao, do you like National Day?
M: Of course. It’s the birthday of our country. And I can go to Tian’anmen Square to watch the national flag go up.
12. W: What’s your favorite Chinese festival?
M: Spring Festival is my favorite. What about you?
W: Me, too.
13. M: Happy Teachers’ Day, Miss Li!
W: Thank you.
M: Here are some flowers for you. Thank you for teaching us.
W: It’s very kind of you.
14. W: What’s the date today, Mike?
M: It’s June 1st—Children’s Day.
W: Right. And it’s my birthday.
M: Happy birthday to you, Judy!
15. M: We had a good time last night.
M: We ate sweet dumplings, then watched the lantern show and guessed riddles.
W: Oh, how interesting!
Everyone in China likes Mid-autumn Day. It usually comes in September or October. On that day people eat mooncakes. A mooncake is a delicious round cake. It looks like the moon. There are many different kinds of mooncakes. Some have eggs in them, and some have meat. At night, families often stay in the open air near their houses. Then they enjoy the moon and eat the mooncakes. Mmm! How delicious they are!
Unit 8 Topic 3
Ⅱ. 6. C 7. E 8. A 9. D 10. B
Ⅲ. 11. A 12. B 13. A 14. B 15. C
Ⅳ. 16. T 17. F 18. T 19. F 20. T
Ⅰ.1. B 考查交际用语。Merry Christmas!“圣诞快乐”为节日问候，应说The same to you. 故选B。
2. C 在具体某一天的上午、下午、晚上应使用介词on，故选C。
3. C decorate…with…“用……装饰……”，故选C。
4. D knock on“敲”，由Listen!可知本题应使用现在进行时，故选D。
5. A “数词+名词”构成的复合形容词，名词用单数，故选A。
6. B put up“挂起”，put on“穿上” ；本句是祈使句，用动词原形，故选B。
7. B by“凭借……”，作介词，后接V-ing形式，故选B。
8. D color在此作动词，“给……上色”，后接形容词，其结构为color sth. +颜色，又根据句中drew可知用一般过去时，故选D。
9. C 根据题干第一句中usually可知应使用一般现在时，而Kangkang作主语属第三人称单数，应用does。第二句使用了短语start doing/to do sth，“开始做某事”。故选C。
10. A play a trick/tricks on sb.“对某人恶作剧”，故选A。
Ⅱ.11. C 12. A 13. F 14. E 15. B
Ⅲ.16. B 春节一月或二月来临，是一种常识，应使用一般现在时，故选B。
17. A for表示对象，“对，给……”，for each Chinese year“对于每一个中国年”，故选A。
18. C and so on“等等”，故选C。
19. D 在春节到来之前，人们做各项准备工作，故选D。
20. A prepare for“为……做准备”，prepare“准备……”，根据上下文可知此处用一般现在时，又因主语是Every family，应用第三人称单数。故选A。
21. D 除夕一家人聚在一起大吃一顿，故选D。
22. B 吃“饺子”为了团圆和来年的好运气，故选B。
23. C 动词不定式to welcome表示“熬夜”的目的，故选C。
24. B put on穿的动作，“穿上”；wear穿着的状态，“穿着”；dress + oneself“穿衣服”；be in +衣服，穿着的状态，根据句意可知强调人们穿上新衣服的动作，然后去拜访亲戚、朋友。故选B。
25. C each other“互相”，故选C。
26. B 根据第二句It is a very special festival for all their people.可知the Water Festival是泰国一个特殊的节日，故选B。
27. A 根据第三句It is the beginning of their New Year.可知泼水节是新年的开始，而中国新年的开始是春节。故选A。
28. C 根据第四 句It is usually at the end of March or the beginning of April.可知泰国泼水节在三月末或四月初，A是在四月末，B是在三月初，都不正确，故选C。
29. D 根据短文第五句Before the Water Festival, people clean their houses and cook nice food.可知泼水节前，人们打扫房子，制作可口的食物，故选D。
30. C 根据最后一句Everyone gets very wet, but they are very happy.可知 “虽然被水淋湿了，但是他们很高兴”，故选C。
31. D 根据短文第一段最后一句Is there a special day for old people? 和第二段可知重阳节是老年人的节日，故选D。
32. A Double Ninth Festival意为“重阳节”，故选A。
33. C 根据短文第四段第二句The best way to celebrate it is climbing hills or mountains.可知庆祝重阳节的最好方式是登山，故选C。
34. D 根据短文第四段第三句People think climbing will bring them good luck and help old people live long lives.可知人们在重阳节登山是因为他们认为能带来好运，也能使老人长 寿，故选D。
35. B 重阳节是在每年的农历九月初九，不是九月九日。
36. Months 37. Red clothes 38. February 39. May Day 40. America
Ⅰ. (A)41. flag 42. full 43. treated 44. moon 45. important
(B)46. believe 47. grapes 48. lucky 49. shouted 50. open
Ⅱ.51. (the) fifth
I’m very glad to get your letter. I had a good time yesterday. It was the Spring Festival. In the morning I went shopping in the supermarket with my family. We did some cleaning in the afternoon and made our house more beautiful. We made dumplings together and had a big dinner in the evening. We stayed up until midnight to welcome the Spring Festival. We had a nice time.