1. A. Jason is a worker. B. Jason is a teacher. C. Jason is a farmer.
2. A. Only Mr Green is in Paris.
B. The Greens are traveling now in Paris.
C. The Greens are going to take holidays.
3. A. It took me two hours to get to the office.
B. There were usually traffic jams.
C. It took me two more hours to get to my office.
4. A. Mary bought six silk ties.
B. The silk cost ten dollars.
C. Mary paid six dollars for a ten-dollar silk tie.
5. A. The dress is so beautiful!
B. The dress is not so beautiful.
C. This dress is more beautiful.
6. A. Jill’s brother was born in June.
B. Jill was born in June.
C. Jill’s brother was born in July.
7. A. Nick is going to the concert of a rock band.
B. Nick heard the concert of a rock band.
C. Dick is going to the concert of a rock band.
8. A. The band is visiting three cities.
B. The band has three singers.
C. Three singers sing at the concert.
9. A. Susan’s sister is good at languages.
B. Susan’s sister is good at Chinese.
C. Helen’s sister is good at Chinese.
10. A. Roy got married last September.
B. Roy’s teacher got married last November.
C. Roy’s teacher got married last September.
11. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. Life. B. Camping. C. Plans.
12. What will the woman do in the city?
A. Work at a store. B. Attend a school. C. Have a picnic.
13. Who will the woman stay with?
A. The man. B. Her family. C. The man’s brother.
14. What do they do in the morning when they camp?
A. Go swimming. B. Play basketball. C. Tell stories.
15. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. The woman has worked for four summers.
B. John is the man’s brother.
C. Summer vacation is coming.
16. When did this happen?
A. One afternoon. B. One night. C. One morning.
17. How many persons were there in the room when someone was knocking at the door?
A. One person. B. Two persons. C. Three persons.
18. What did the young man wear?
A. A white shirt. B. A pair of glasses. C. Long trousers.
19. Who was the young man?
A. He was a friend of the writer’s.
B. He was a friend of the writer’s brother’s.
C. He was a strange man to them.
20. What was probably the end of the story?
A. The young man was taken away by the police.
B. The young man became their friend.
C. The young man ran away.
21. When the buildings burn, the firemen will arrive there at once and the fire.
A. put on B. put in C. put out D. put down
22. He jumped into the water when he heard a boy for help.
A. call B. called C. calling D. to call
23. I buy the recorder because I had no money with me then.
A. can B. cannot C. could D. couldn’t
24. The man has a son.
A. five year old B. five-years-old
C. five years old D. five-year-old
25. is important careful with fire.
A. That; be B. It; to C. It; to be D. That; to be
2 6. They in the past.
A. can dance B. could dance C. can to dance D. could to dance
27. —May I have supper now?
A. Yes， you do B. No，you may not
C. No，you can D. Yes，you are
28. Man can’t live without water air .
A. and B. or C. but D. then
29. milk it is!
A. How nice B. How a nice
C. What nice D. What a nice
30. His sister didn’t know the time because she her watch at home.
A. leave B. left C. forget D. forgot
31. ！It’s dangerous over there.
A. Look over B. Look at C. Look out D. Look up
32.Can you send the letter my parents for me？
A. to B. with C. from D. by
33. The room is to hold 100 people.
A. enough big B. too big C. big enough D. big too
34. There isn’t in today’s newspaper.
A. something interesting
B. anything interesting
C. interesting something
D. interesting anything
35. I have to say for myself.
A. else something B. else nothing C. else anything D. nothing else
Thousands of years ago，people did not know 36 to make a fire. When it was very 37 at night，t hey could not sleep well. Sometimes ligh tning hit（打，击） a 38 and started a fire. At first peo ple were both surprised and 39 to see the fire. They were afraid to go up. Later a few 40 men took some of this fire and made a fire near their homes. They used the fire to keep them warm and to cook food.
When they had a fire，they did not let it 41 b urning. If it stopped，they could not start it again. Maybe they had to 42 for a long time，sometimes for 43 . Later they 44 how to make a fire with pieces of wood.
Now we have matches. We can put them in our pockets and make a fire when we want to make it. But we have to be 45 with fire.
36. A. what B. how C. when D. where
37. A. cold B. hot C. warm D. cool
38. A. person B. mountain C. field D. forest
39. A. glad B. afraid C. ready D. tired
40. A. very B. brave C. sad D. happy
41. A. stop B. make C. be D. start
42. A. work B. play C. wait D. live
43. A. minutes B. hours C. d ays D. years
44. A. forgot B. decided C. learned D. told
45. A. angry B. pleased C. careful D. busy
You speak，write a letter，and make a telephone call. Your words carry a message. People communicate with words. Do you think you can communicate without words? A smile on your face shows you are happy or friendly. Tears in your eyes tell others that you are sad. When you raise your h and in class，the teacher knows you want to say something or ask questions. You shake your head，and people know you are saying “No”. You nod and people know you are saying “Yes”. Other things can also carry messages. For example，a sign at the bus stop helps you to know which bus to take. A sign on the wall of your school helps you to find the library. Signs on doors tell you where to go in or out. Have you ever noticed that there are a lot of signs around you and that you receive messages from them all the time?
People can communicate in many other ways. An artist can use his drawings to tell about beautiful mountains，about the blue sea and many other things. Books are written to tell you about all the wonderful things in the world and also about people and their ideas. Books，magazines，TVs, radios and films all help us to communicate with each other. They all help us to know what is going on in the world and what other people are thinking about.
Notes: communicate 交流；sign 招牌,标志
46. Can we communicate with each other without words?
A. Yes，sometimes we can.
B. No，we can’t.
C. No，it’s impossible.
D. Yes，we always do so.
47. When we see somebody smile，then，he must be feeling .
A. angry B. joyful C. surprised D. sad
48. We can learn news from .
A. newspapers B. radios C. TVs D.A,B and C
49. A sign at the bus stop tells you .
A. how many buses there are
B. what kind of bus it is
C. where the bus comes and goes
D. how much money you’ll pay for the ticket
50. What do you think is the quickest way to communicate with your friend in another cit y?
A. Writing a letter.
B. Making a telephone.
C. Drawing a picture.
D. Asking someone else to take a message.
Being safe at school and in your everyday life needs knowledge. If you remember the following information，your life will be much safer.
●Always notice the environment around you. You shouldn’t walk alone outside. 51 If anything dangerous happens，you can find them quickly.
●Don’t use earphones(耳机) when running in the school yard or on the street. 52
●School bags should be carried towards the front of your body instead of pulling them on your back. 53
●If you are followed by a stranger(陌生人)，cross the street and go in the other direction(方向)，let the stranger know that you know he or she is there. Next，go and get help from others if it is necessary. 54 You are safer on the street than you are in your home or in a lift.
●If you have to take a bus to a plac e far away，try to get to the bus stop a few minutes before the buses leave. 55 On buses，don’t sit alone，sit behind the driver or with friends. Don’t sleep.
A. Don’t go home directly.
B. You will keep yourself from the outside world and can be dangerous.
C. Make sure where the public phones are.
D. This stops a stranger from following you.
E. When buses are crowded，it is easy enough for thieves to steal the things in your bags on your back.
5 6. Did you hear the n about Lin Tao？
57. Do not put anything hot in the rubbish b .
58.I l my camera at home this morning.
59. The boy is c and often makes mistakes in his homework.
60. Please answer these questions a to the text.
61.I would like to r Daniel for this year’s Young Star Award.
62. The boy l his way and was crying in the street.
63. We look forward to h from you soon.
64. He is a brave boy.（改为感叹句）
65. —Could I smoke here？（完成否定回答）
66. I got a letter from my parents yesterday. （改为同义句）
I my parents yesterday.
67. We should do our best to learn English well.（改为同义句）
We should to learn English well.
68. Put something hot into the rubbish bin.（改为否定句）
into the rubbish bin.
I would like to
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Yours faithfully，
1.Jason makes his living by farming.
2.The Greens are on holiday in Paris.
3.It took me two hours longer than usual to get to my office because of the traffic jam.
4.Mary bought a ten-dollar silk tie for six dollars.
5.Oh, what a beautiful dress!
6. M：When was your brother born，Jill？
7. W：Where are you going，Dick？
M：To the concert of a rock band.
8. M：How many singers are there in the band？
9. W：Whose sister is good at languages？
M：Susan’s sister is.
10. W：Is your teacher married，Roy？
M：Yes. She got married last September.
M:What are you going to do after you return from Washington?
W:I’m going to stay in the city.
M:What will you do all day?
W:I’m going to work with my father at the store. In the evening, I’ll read books. On the weekends, I’ll go to the beach with my family.
M:Have you ever worked?
W:No, but I can learn. What are you going to do this summer?
M:I’m going to camp. I’ve gone to camp for four summers.
W:I’ve never done that. What do you do there?
M:We do many things. In the morning, we go swimming. In the afternoon, we play basketball or tennis. We sit around a fire at night. We sing or tell stories.
W:That sounds wonderful.
M:It is wonderful. What’s John going to do this summer?
W:I think he’s going to the mountains with his parents.
M:Well, so long, Mary. Have fun.
W:You too, Peter. Give my regards to John. I’ll see you in September.
It was quite late at night. I was reading a newspaper alone in my room when I heard someone knocking at the door. I opened it and saw a young man with glasses standing there. He said that he was a friend of my brother’s and wanted to have a talk with him. I didn’t know if my brother had such a friend, but I had to let him in.
As we talked, I found that he knew nothing about my brother. Then I came to know that his words were not true. Suddenly my brother rushed in and the young man was so surprised that he didn’t know what to do for a moment. We caught the man and called the police at the same time.
1~5 CBCCA 6~10ACBAC
11~15 CABAC 16~20BABCA
21.C 由句意“当楼房着火的时候，消防队员将立刻赶到那里扑灭大火”可知，此处用表示“扑灭”的put out。
22.C 此处考查hear sb.doing sth.，意为“听到某人在做某事”。句意：当他听到一个男孩在喊救命时，他跳进了水里。
26.B 情态动词后用动词原形；由in the past可知用过去时。句意：他们过去会跳舞。
27.B 由may开头的一般疑问句，否定回答为No，you may not。
30.B 本题考查leave sth.at home结构。句意：他妹妹不知道时间了，因为她把手表忘在家里了。
31.C 由句意“当心！那儿危险。”可知，此处用表示“当心”的look out。
42.C wait for是固定词组，意为“等候”。
45.C 由上下文可知，“我们必须当心火”，“当心……”用be careful with。
46.A 由第一段中的A smile on your face shows you are happy or friendly. Tears in your eyes tell others that you are sad. When you raise your hand in class, the teacher knows you want to say something or ask questions. You shake your head, and people know you are saying “No”.等句可知，我们不用语言也可以互相交流。
47.B 由第一段中的A smile on your face shows you are happy or friendly.可知选B。
49.C 由...a sign at the bus stop helps you to know which bus to take.可知应选C。
56.news 57.bin 58.left 59.careless 60.according
61.recommend 62.lost 63.hearing
64.What a brave boy
65.I’m afraid you can’t
66. heard from
67. try our best
68. Don’t put anything hot
One possible version:
I would like to recommend Zhang Hua for this year’s Bravest Student Award.
He is a clever boy. He can learn things quickly. He can also use the computer well. He has good grades at school.
He is helpful.He always thinks of others first. He often looks after the old men at a home for the elderly.
Last week, on his way home he saved a five-year-old boy from the lake. He is really kind.
We all think he should get an award. We look forward to hearing from you soon.