1. My son got up late this morning. He only had _______ for breakfast.
A. two bread B. two slice of bread
C. two slices of bread D. two slices of breads
2. _______ room is big and bright. They like it very much.
A. Tom and Sam B. Tom’s and Sam C. Tom and Sam’s D. Tom’s and Sam’s
3. —Do you know how many ______ a horse has and how many _____ a bee has?
—Of course I know."
A. teeth; feet B. tooth; foot C. foot; teeth D. teeth; foot
4. __________ woman in a purple skirt is Betty’s mother.
5. Now telephones are very popular and they are much ______ than before.
A. cheap B. cheaper C. cheapest D. the cheaper
6. —Hi, Tom. Is your brother as active as you?
—No, he’s a quiet boy. He is _________.
A. less outgoing than me B. not so calm as
C. more active than I D. as outgoing as I
7. English ________ in many countries, but Chinese _______ their own language.
A. is spoken; speaks B. speaks; is spoken
C. is spoken; speak D. is spoken; is spoken
8. The young man was often seen _______ by the lake.
A. to draw B. to drawing C. drawing D. drew
9. —So hot in the classroom. Would you mind ______ the window?
—OK, I’ll do it right now.
A. not closing B. not opening C. closing D. opening
10. —_______ weather! It’s raining!
—Bad luck! We can’t go climbing today.
A. What bad B. What a bad C. How bad D. How a bad
Keys: 1. C 2. C 3. A 4. A 5. B 6. A 7. C 8. C 9. D 10. A