1. go + adj. go是系动词。
The machines go wrong.机器出了毛病。
He went almost mad when he heard the news. 他听到这个消息几乎发疯了。
His illness is going worse.他的病情正恶化。
His dreams came true at last.他的梦想最后实现了。
The famous river finally ran dry.这条著名河流最后干涸了。
2. high高 / highly高度地，非常地
The eagle is flying up high in the sky.
All the people speak highly of that little child.
①They asked him to pay what he owed them.
②I owe $ 20 to the tailor.我欠裁缝二十美元。
①I owe it to you that I"m still alive.
②If I have improved in any way, I owe it all to my teacher.
①You owe me an apology.你得向我道歉。
②I owe you many thanks. 我非常感谢你。
The Olympic winner received a gold medal as an award.
He won the second award of $ 2，000.
award sb. sth. /award sth. to sb. 授予某人某物
He was awarded the first prize for Outstanding Industrial Design.他获杰出工业设计一等奖。
1. The judges awarded the first prize to her for her picture.
2. The judges awarded her the first prize for her picture.
5. on the air / in the air
On the air : to be broadcasting on the radio or TV
We shall be on the air in five minutes.
In the air: if a feeling is in the air, a lot of people feel it at the same time. ( 某种感情流传开来)
There is a sense of excitement in the air.
6. live/ alive/ living/ lively
1)alive 意为“活着”，侧重说明生与死之间的界限，既可指人，也可指物;可用来作表语，后置定语或宾补。The badly wounded soldier was still alive when taken to the
No man alive is greater than he. 在活着的人中没有人比他更伟大了。
He wanted to keep the fish alive. 他想让鱼活着。
Comrade Wang is really a living Lei Feng in our country.
My first teacher is still living. 我的启蒙老师仍健在。
注意：living 前加上 the , 表示类别，指“活着的人们”。例如：
The living must finish the work of those dead. 活着的人必须完成那些死去的人的事业。
living 还可用于短语，例如：make a living 谋生。
make a / one"s living by + ing 通过干……谋生
Do you like a live show or a recorded show? 你是喜欢直播还是录音 。
He said he had seen a live whale. 他说他看见过活鲸鱼。
Jenny is a lively girl. 詹妮是个活泼的女孩。
Everything is lively here. 这儿一切都生机勃勃。
He had a strange way of making his classes lively and interesting. 他有一种奇特的方法，使他的课生动有趣。Film types
7. take one’s place/take the place of sb. (sth.) 代替,取代
take one’s place 入座，站好位置
in place of (instead of) 代替，取代 (不能做谓语)
take place 发生，举行(无被动)
Electric trains have now taken the place of steam trains in England.
My brother is ill, and I’ve come to take his place.
Take your places, please. We are about to start.
The grown-ups had coffee but the children wanted milk in place of coffee.
The wedding will take place next week.
8. determine 与decide 有何区别?
1. We determined to get the work done before May Day.我们决定在五一之前把工作做完。
2. He has determined that nothing can prevent him doing what he wants to do .他已经决定没什么能阻止他想做的事情。
3. They determined on an early start Tomorrow.他们决定明天早点动身。
4. He is determined to study abroad. 他决心去国外学习。
5. He decided not to tell a lie any longer in the future.他决定以后再也不撒谎了。
6. Let’s first decide what to do next.让我们先决定接下来做什么。
7. Finally she decided on buying that green hat.最后她决定买那顶绿色的帽子。
8. She decided that she would go on to Cleveland and see him.
1.decide 和determine 在意义上有什么区别?
回答：decide 和determine 在意义上都可以表示_______;be determined 表示_________。
回答：在用法上两者后面都可以跟________(to do sth )或是___________(比如that ，where，what …从句)
9. Many people like this film not just because the story itself is moving, but also because most of the people in the film use their real names and play themselves.
not just (only)...but ( also )...并列连词，意思是“不但……而且……”，连接两个相同成分，也可连接两个分句。
He likes not only English but also maths.他不仅喜欢英语，而且喜欢数学。
Not only you but also I am a teacher.不仅你而且我是一名老师。
[注意] not only...but also...连接两个并列主语，谓语动词和后面主语保持一致。
Not only does he work hard，but also he is very clever.他不仅学习认真，而且很聪明。