Our head teacher is very strict, but we still need many strict rules.
2. 我们常见短语be strict with sb.,意为“对某人严格要求”,以及be strict in (doing) sth., 意为“对(做)某事严格要求”。如:
Mr. Smith is very strict with his children.
We should be strict in (doing) our work.
1. 表示“(在词典、参考书等中)查阅……”。若宾语是名词,常放在look up之后。若宾语是代词,则要放在look up之间。如:
It is a good habit to look up new words in a dictionary.
If you forget my number, you can look it up in the phone book.
Don’t look up, the lights are too strong.
look up, be strict in, be strict with
1. If you don’t know how to read this word, please _____ it _______ in the dictionary.
2. Our teachers __________ us, but I think it’s good for our studies.
3. Everyone should ____________ his work and study.
4. She ____________ and saw a lot of birds flying in the sky.
Key: 1. look; up 2. are strict with 3. be strict in 4. looked up