1. Being a volunteer for the YOG is a good c for us to make friends with people from all over the world.
2. The two children have s personalities. They are both brave and outgoing.
3. Our team didn’t win first p . We finished third in the end.
4. Michael Phelps is called “flying fish”. He has won 18 g medals in the Olympic Games.
5. Without hard work, it is impossible for you to a your dream.
6. She did six months’ hard (train) before the marathon.
7. Different children may have different learning (disability).
8. The Chinese Delegation at the 22nd Winter Olympic Games includes some foreign (coach).
9. The volunteers work (close) with the government and they have done a lot of useful work.
10. How (amazed) it is to help the children realize their dreams!
intellectual, adult, event, athlete, confident
11. Zhang Yining has won many Olympic medals. She is one of the great Chinese in history.
12. The 22nd Winter Olympic Games in Russia has 15 .
13. As a young , my brother has done a lot for the family.
14. The experience of being a volunteer has made Andy a more person.
15. Steve Hawking is a(n) giant. He is a great scientist.
( ) 1. — task it is to be a volunteer teacher here!
— Yes. But it is meaningful to help these children.
A. What hard B. How hard C. What a hard D. How a hard
( ) 2. — What is the cup made of?
— It must be made of . It is shining in the light.
A. paper B. silver C. wood D. wool
( ) 3. — What do you think of being a volunteer the YOG?
— Well, I feel proud that I can work here a volunteer.
A. with; for B. for; with C. for; as D. as; for
( ) 4. — Do the Winter Olympics have similar events to in the Summer Olympic Games?
— No. Winter Olympic Games only include winter sports.
A. those B. this C. that D. ones
( ) 5. — What sports do the Winter Olympic Games have?
— Well, they include many sports on ice and snow, skating and skiing.
A. so as B. such as C. likes D. liking
( ) 6. — I really like playing the game “Running Temple” during the holiday.
— Do you? But you have to when the new term starts.
A. give it away B. give away it C. give up it D. give it up
( ) 7. — What do you think is the most important part of being an athlete?
— , isn’t it?
A. Try one’s best B. To try one’s best C. To trying one’s best D. Tries one’s best
( ) 8. — What will you get from working with these foreign children?
— It’s hard to know before we start. But we can be friends, I think.
A. how to expect B. when to expect C. what to expect D. where to expect
( ) 9. — Do you think it is safe a 14-year-old child to work with so many strangers?
— I do think so. They are all friendly.
A. for B. with C. of D. about
( )10. — It is important for everyone any of our rules.
— Of course. We will obey all the rules.
A. not break B. not breaking C. don’t break D. not to break
That child eye problems.
Winning or losing is not important. It is more important .
Being a volunteer here, you can work with people .
When we are with them, we all .
make a detailed plan before we start our job.
Ⅰ. 1. chance 2. similar 3. prize 4. gold 5. achieve 6. training 7. disabilities 8. coaches 9. closely
10. amazing 11. athletes 12. events 13. adult 14. confident 15. intellectual
Ⅱ. 1-5 CBCAB 6-10 DBCAD
Ⅲ. 1. was born with 2. to take part 3. from different backgrounds 4. feel like part of one big family
5. It is necessary for us to