8. the best piece of advice
9. play back
10. climb out of the box
1. ( ) It’s a good way ________ English in the morning every day.
A. look B. to look C. read D. to read
2. ( ) Our teachers often advise us _________ computer games a lot.
A. to play B. playing C. not to play D. not playing
3. ( ) Please take out your notebook and_________.
A. write it down B. write down them C. write down it D. wrote it
4. ( ) Don’t forget _______ the lights when you leave.
A. turning on B. turn off C. to turn off D. to turning off
5. ( ) It _____ me 15 minutes ______ English every morning.
A. took, to read B. takes, to read C. took, reading D. takes, in
6. ( ) You should _________ English in class.
A. to speak B. speaking C. speak D. not speak
7. ( ) What did your teacher give you last term? ________.
A. Some advices. B. A lots of advice
C. A piece of advice D. Advices
8. ( ) _____ you ______ the radio in English?
A. How about, listening to B. Why not, listen
C. Will, listen D. Why don’t, listen
9. ( )It’s hard for Lingling to understand TV programs _____ English.
A. on B. in C. at D. around
10. ( )How can I practice _______ ?
A. speaking English B. listen to English songs
C. to watch English film
11. ( ) Doe s he ______ English moves?
A. enjoy to watch B. enjoys seeing
C. likes watching D. enjoy watching
12. ( ) Which is wrong? _________ is a good idea to learn English.
A. Listening to real English songs B. Watching American films
C. Reading lots of newspaper in English D. Translating every words
13. ( ) Can you tell me _________ English well?
A. how to learn B. what to learn C. how can I learn
14. ( ) Look, Mr. Li is ______ the visitors ______ our school.
A. show, aroun d B. showing, around C. showed, around
15. ( ) The meeting didn’t start___ everyone was there.
A. because B. until C. why D. if
16. ( ) The boy ___ to bed ___ his mother came in.
A. w ent not; until B. didn’t go; after
C. went; until D. didn’t go; until
17. ( ) I won’t believe you___ I have s een it with my own eyes.
A. before B. until C. after D. when
18. ( ) He ___ home ___ she was satisfied ___ his answer yesterday.
A. didn’t go; until; with B. wasn’t go; after; to
C. doesn’t go; before; with D. didn’t go; until; to
19. ( ) He ___ back until the work ___ done.
A. isn’t; will be B. isn’t; is C. won’t be; will be D. won’t be; is
20. ( ) They didn’t start the work ___ their teacher came back.
A. until B. while C. as soon as D. if
In 1620, about half the USA was covered by forests．Today the forests have almost gone．A lot of good land has gone with them, leaving only sand．China doesn"t want to copy the USA"s example．We"re planting more and more trees．We"ve built the " Great Green Wall" of trees across northern part of our country．The Great Green Wall is 7,000 kilom eters long, and between 400 and 1,700 kilometers wide．It will stop the wind from blowing the earth away．It will stop the sand from moving towards the rich farmland in the south．More "Great Green Walls" are needed．Trees must be grown all over the world．Great Green Walls will make the world better．
1．In 1620, about ______ the USA was covered by forests．
A．a third B．half C．two thirds D．a fourth
2．A lot of good land has gone with ______．
A．sand B．water C．wind D．forests
3．The Great Green Wall in China is ______ long．
A．7,000 kilometers B．1,700 kilometers
C．7,000 meters D．400 kilometers
4．Trees must be grown in ______.
A．China B．the USA C．some countries D．every part of the world
5．______ will make the world better．
A．The Great Wall B．Tall buildings
C．Great Green Walls D．Flowers and grass
1. It"s not _____________(奇怪，惊讶) that he fail in the exam.
2. My teacher gave me ________ _______(一些建议) and I _____ them _____(写下) in m y study diary
3. She___________(微笑) when she saw me.
4．Practice more and I think you will __________ ___________(做得更好).
5. ______ _________(别忘记) to finish the work on time.
6. If you don’t understand you can ask the teacher ______ ________(帮助)。
7. I don’t know _______ _____ _______ (怎样翻译)the sentences into English.
8．_______ ______ _______ (我们为什么不) go for a walk?
1. lend sth. to sb.
2. How does it work?
3. ladies and gentlemen
5. put the food in the fridge
6. an surprising advice
7. pick up
1---5. C.C. A. C. B
6---10 C. C. A. B. A
11---15 D. D.A. B. B.
16---20 D B A D A.
三. 阅读理解1．B 2．D 3．A 4．D 5．C
2. some advice ,wrote, down
4. It’s a good idea
5. Don’t forget
6. for help
7. how to translate
8. Why don’t we