1. This table takes up__________.
A. too much room B. too many rooms C. too many spaces D. too few space
2. Look at the ______ girl! How ______ she is singing!
A. happy, happy B. happily, happily C. happy, happily D. happily, happy
3. ----Will he__________ come next month? -----I don’t think so.
A. be able B. can C. be able to D. is able to
4. I have three books, one is Chinese, __________ two are English.
A. another B. other C. the other D. the others
5. Suzy’s jeans are the same______ Anna’s but different_______ Elsa’s.
A. as; as B. as; like C. as.; from D. like; as
6. My son wanted ___________ the final at home and __________ his bags.
A. to watch, pack B. watching, packing C. watch, pack D. to watch, packs
7. Father is ill. He wants his doctor to give him _________ about his heart trouble.
A. an advice B. some advice C. some advices D. advices
8. –“What does our new Maths teacher Nancy like?” --“___________”
A. She’s very well. B. She’s thin and beautiful
C. She likes music. D. She loves her students.
9. Don"t run so fast, Betty, _____you may fall over.
A. and B. or C. but D. so
10. You’d better spend_____________ computer games. They are a waste of time.
A. as less time as possible; in B. as much time as possible; at
C. as more time as possible; with D. as little time as possible; on
11. Thanks for _____________ us go traveling by car.
A. agree to let B. agreeing to let C. agreeing let D. agree let
12. There are so many kinds of radios in the shop. I can’t decide ____________.
A. to buy what B. to buy which C. which to buy D. when to buy
13. It _________ us about two hours _______ that picture last night.
A. took; to finish B. spends; to finish C. takes; finish D. spent; spent
14. I did _________ in the English exam, but Nancy did even _____________.
A. good; better B. badly; worse C. well; worse D. bad; better
15. They __ ____________Suzhou Museum next Saturday.
A. hope me to visit B. hope visiting C. want me visiting D. hope to visit
The worst traveler in the world is perhaps Mr. Scot in San Francisco. Once he 1 from the USA to his hometown in Italy to see someone at home. The plane made a one-hour stop to get something at Kennedy Airport of New York. 2 he thought he had arrived home, Mr. Scot 3 the plane. He thought he was in 4 .When nobody was there to 5 him, Mr. Scot thought maybe they were held up by heavy traffic. While lo oking for 6 address, Mr. Scot found that the old “Rome” had changed a lot. Many 7 buildings were replaced(被……代替) by modern ones. He also found that many people spoke 8 instead of Italian and that many street signs were written in English.
Mr. Scot knew very little English, so he asked a policeman the way to the bus station (in Italian). Luckily, t he policeman was also born in Italy and answered him in 9 language.
After twelve hours traveling round on a bus, the driver handed him over to 10 poli ceman. He asked the policeman why the Rome police station employed(雇佣) so many people as policemen speaking English instead of Italian.
Mr. Scot didn’t believe he was in New York when he was told so.
To get him on a plane back to San Francisco, he was sent to the airport in a police car with sirens(警报器) on. “Look!” said Scot to himself, “I know I’m in Italy. That’s how they drive.”
1. A. drove B. flew C. rode D. walked
2. A. If B. Before C. Though D. As
3. A. got off B. got on C. took off D. took on
4. A. New York B. Paris C. Rome D. London
5. A. find B. visit C. watch D. meet
6. A. their B. my C. its D. her
7. A. modern B. old C. new D. tall
8. A. French B. Japanese C. English D. Chinese
9. A. the same B. a foreign C. a strange D. a different
10. A. a first B. a second C. a third D. a fourth
John lived with her mo ther when he was young. He didn’t know who his father was. The woman did some washing for the rich and could buy only some bread for her son. So the boy was short and thin.
One cold morning there was much snow in the streets. A car knocked the woman down and the policemen took her to the hospital. She didn’t tell John that his father deserted(遗弃) her before he was born until she died. She left her son the name and address of his father.
John found his father, Mr. Brown, in another city. He was one of the richest shopkeepers and he had to receive his son. From then on the boy lived a rich life. He ate all kinds of delicious food and wore beautiful clothes. But he didn’t go to school and could not read or write.
Once his father took him to a party. He saw a newspaper lying on the floor and picked it up while others were talking about a film. He had a look at it and found a car’s wheels(轮子) were upwar d(向上).He called out, “Oh, dear! An accident happened!”
All the people were surprised and began to read the newspaper. But soon they all began to laugh. Do you know why?
1. John didn’t know his father because .
A. the man was rich B. the man deserted his mother
C. his mother left the man D. the man didn’t like him
2. John was short and thin because .
A. he didn’t like sports B. his parents were short, too
C. he was often hungry when he was young D. his mother never gave him food
3. The woman told John who his father was .
A. after she was knocked down by a car B. before her son left
C. before she was in hospital D. before she died
4. After John found his father,
A. he was angry with the man B. he started a rich life
C. he wouldn’t live with him D. the man was bad to him
5. The people at the party laughed at him because .
A. he held the newspaper upside down B. he wasn’t polite
C. the newspaper was yesterday’s D. he wasn’t clever
People have sailed(航行) around the world in quite small boats. It is not an easy thing to do. Sometimes the weather gets bad. That can be the end of everyone in it. Accidents can happen easily and quickly.
One family once had an accident with some big fish. The fish swam under their boat and bit(咬) holes in it. Sea water came in, of course, and the boat soon sank(沉没). However, these people had another smaller boat—a lifeboat and they all got into that. They lived and hoped for many days. They ate and slept, and always hoped. At last a ship found them.
How do people live in a very small lifeboat? Perhaps for weeks or months? They must be strong in every way. They must have hope and they want to live. But you cannot eat and drink hope.
You cannot drink seawater. Drink a lot of seawater and you will quickly die. Sailors(海员) can drink rain water. They must catch rainwater in their boat. They must also catch fish and birds for food. Lifeboat does not carry a cooker(炊具) so the sailors cannot cook their food. Raw fish(生鱼)and bird-meat is not very nice. But there is no other choice in a lifeboat! The sailors must eat raw food, or they will die.
6. When sailors’ boat sinks, their l ifeboat gives them .
A. food B. beds C. rainwater D. hope
7. One family once had an ac cident at sea, because .
A. their boat was caught in bad weather
B. the boat knocked against (对着) a rock and sea water came in
C. some fish bit through the bottom of their boat
D. one of them knew how to sail in the sea
8. Sailors can catch for food and drink at sea in a lifeboat.
A. rain water B. fish and birds
C. both seawater and rain water D. both A and B
9. Lifeboats do not often carry a cooker, which is .
A. some thing used for cooking B. food for cooking
C. a large box D. a person who cooks food
10. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. Sailing around the world in quite small boats is not easy
B. All the food sailors have in a life-boat is cooked fish and bird-meat
C. Anyone who drinks a lot of sea water will die
D. No one can live for weeks in a lifeboat unless (除非) he is strong and wants to
A)单项选择: ACCCC ABCBD BCABD
B)完型填空： BDACD ABCAB
(A) BCDBA (B) DCDAB