高一(上)英语必修二Unit4 Wildlife protection基础词汇巩固
1. protect vt. ______________ n. 2. important adj. ______________ n.
3. affect vt. ______________ n. 4. distant adj. ______________ n.
5. laughter n. ______________v. 6. powerful adj. ______________ n
7. contain vt. ______________ n.
8. succeed vi. ______________ n. ______________ adj. _______________ adv.
9. employ vt. ______________ n. _____________ n. (雇员) ________________ n. (雇主)
10. loss n. ______________ v. ___________ adj. _____________ n. (失败者)
1. By 1881, the population of Ireland had ______________ (减少) to 5.2 million.
2. China is getting more and more ________ (强大) in the world.
3. It is not allowed to _________(打猎) wild animals in this area.
4. The climate __________ (影响) the amount of the rainfall last year.
5. A tiger is a very _________(凶猛的) kind of animal. However, it won’t attack you if you don’t.
6. People say that barking dogs don’t b________ .
7. I"d a_____________ it if you let me get on with my job
8. Fresh fruit and vegetables c________ plentiful Vitamin C.
9. Very few people s___________ in losing weight and keeping it off.
10.It wouldn"t do you any h___________ to get some experience first.
11.He showed no m_________ to his enemies.
12.Your mistake resulted in heavy l_______.
13.Dave didn"t r__________ to any of her emails, which made her angry.
14.It is a rule that our baggage should be i_______ by customs officers(海关人员).
15.I am busy, so I have to e_________ a housekeeper to look after my children.
die out according to in peace in danger so that succeed in do harm to burst into laughter protect…from pay attention to come into being in relief
1. The new country _____________ only two years ago.
2. ____________ the teacher, He fell far behind other students as a result of laziness.
3. The government is doing its best to _________ those rare animals ________ being hunted.
4. I had warned him of the possible danger, but he didn’t ______________ it.
5. Elephants would _________ if men are allowed to shoot as many as they wished.
6. Children’s lives are ___________ every time they cross the road.
7. The two communities live together ____________.
8. Hearing the funny story, all of us __________________.
9. Why don"t you start out early ___________ you don"t have to hurry?
10. No one was hurt, and we all smiled __________.
1. Much _______ by the story of Cong Fei, I also determined to be a volunteer worker.
A. affected B. appreciated C. admired D. effected
2. —Jerry, How did Tom the news? —He said nothing.
A. reply B. contact to C. answer to D. respond to
3. Hua Lian Department Store will ________ some people as its workers.
A. employ B. demand C. reserve D. inspect
4. You"ll need a variety of skills, _________ leadership and negotiating(谈判).
A. containing B. contained C. including D. included
5. If we don’t take steps. The Tibetan antelopes and pandas will ____ some day just as dinosaurs.
A. die down B. die out C. die away D. die off
6. He is wearing sunglasses to____ his eyes from the strong sunlight.
A. protect B. hold C. stop D. prevent
7. ________ at the school gate is asking to see you.
A. Some men B. A some man C. A certain man D. Certain a man
8. It was such a __ to hear that all the earthquake victims in Chile have been taken care of.
A. mercy B. relief C. loss D. laughter
9. Great attention must be paid ______ welfare, especially in the poor area.
A. develop B. to develop C. to developing D. developing
10. Can you believe that in ____ a rich country there should be _____ many poor people?
A. such; such B. such; so C. so; so D. so; such
1. 你认为中国的熊猫正处在危险中吗?(in danger)
2. 我们不确定宇宙是何时形成的。(come into being)
5.他的建议没有引起注意。(pay attention to)
6.吸烟将有害于你的健康。(do harm to)
M2Unit4 Wildlife protection词汇参考答案
1. protection 2. importance 3. effect 4. distance 5. laugh 6. power
7. container 8. success; successful; successfully
9. employment; employee; employer 10. lose; lost; loser
1. decreased 2. powerful 3. hunt 4. affected 5. fierce 6. bite
7. appreciate 8. contain 9. succeeded 10. harm 11. mercy 12. loss
13. respond 14. inspected 15. employ
1. came into being 2. According to 3. protect from 4. pay attention to
5. die out 6. in danger 7. in peace 8. burst into laughter 9. so that
10. in relief
1—5 ADACB 6---10 ACBCB
1.Do you think the pandas in China are in danger?
2.We are not sure when the universe came into being.
3.He succeeded in protecting the wildlife.
4.He raised his arm to protect his child from hurt.
5.No attention was paid to his advice.
6.Smoking will do harm to your health.