【英语】北师大版 达标测试(Unit 24 Society)自主广场
1. The c______ complained about the poor quality of the electronic products.
2. I catch colds frequently because my r______ is low.
3. The company made an a______ in my salary.
4. The Olympic Stadium, nicknamed “Bird’s Nest” has a steel f______.
5. Did you watch Shakespeare’s The M______ of Venice on TV last night?
1. The boss demanded that Li Lihua______ her homework within a week but she was lost in the net games.
A. finishedB. finishes
C. would finishD. finish
解析:demand “要求”, 后面的宾语从句要用虚拟语气, 即should do sth. , should可以省略。
2. Only when the unfair system was abolished, did the new one ______.
A. are undertaken
B. will be elected
C. come into being
D. knock into others
解析:句意为“只有当旧的制度被废除后, 新的制度才形成”。come into being “形成”。
3. —Excuse me, can you do me a favour?
—Would you please ______my pet dog when I am on leave for Japan?
A. keep upB. keep an eye on
C. keep offD. keep back
解析:第三句句意为“当我去日本的时候, 你能够照看我的宠物狗吗?”keep up “不低落”;keep an eye on “照看”;keep off “不接近”;keep back“阻止”。
4. The people ______ on the large stone with the flood around were shouting for help.
A. in a flashB. bidding goodbye
C. at riskD. out of danger
解析:句意为“四周是洪水, 在大石头上的人们拼命地喊救命”。at risk “有危险的, 处于危险中的”, 作定语或表语。in a flash “瞬间”;bid goodbye “告别”;out of danger “没有危险”。
5. Diverse factors ______ his success in his exam, including hard work, determination and wisdom.
A. have contributed to
C. leading to
D. has resulted in
解析:句意为“多种因素促成了他在考试中的成功, 包括努力学习、坚强的意志和聪颖”。contribute to “起到促成作用”。
1. He was thinking a maths problem so that he almost knocked at an old man.
2. Her flat broken into last week by a person who was already caught by the policemen the next day.
3. The children squeezed together to make a room for their teacher to sit down.
4. The headmaster dealt with all the business in principle.
5. He dislikes showing around his success in front of his classmates.
答案:The children were voluntary to plant trees.
2. 如果你不积累足够的知识, 就不能完成这篇作文。
答案:Unless you have accumulated enough knowledge, you can’t finish this composition.
答案:He squeezed an orange to get the juice out.
4. 我将不去玩足球, 因为作业还没有完成, 况且, 外面还下着雨。
答案:I won’t go to play football, because I haven’t finished my homework, and furthermore, it’s raining now.
答案:The police are responsible for the preservation of law and order.
1. It’s a good idea______(that;if)you get up early and read English for half an hour.
2. How about ______(write;writing)an letter in English to your pen friend?
3. It’s time that we ______(did;do) our homework.
4. You’d better ______(get;got)through the whole text before answer the question.
5. I wish I ______(finished;had finished) my homework yesterday.
Drugs have become a serious social problem in China. The number of people taking drugs is on the rise each year. Some people became addicted to using drugs to relieve pains. Some thought drugs would lessen stress and renew energy. Quite a few youngsters addicted just thought the drug-taking was a fashion. So most drug addicts started with ignorance and curiosity.
Obviously, the harm done by drugs to the individuals and society is very great. As is known to all, the drug-taking______ one’s health. The drug addicts often suffer severe symptoms like headaches, sickness and general disability when drugs can’t be obtained. As a result, the strong desire for drugs may force them to use up all their money and even drive them to steal or kill to satisfy themselves. The drug-taking will without doubt result in the splitting of families, crimes and even the death of the users. It will also endanger the peace of society.
Therefore it is urgent that we do something to deal with the problem. First of all, we should educate the people, especially the youngsters to realize that drugs bring nothing but harm to the users, the families and the whole society. Then we should strike hard against the drug sellers and smugglers and cut off drug supply. Also we should bring home the tragic lessons to the drug users and help them get rid of the habit and learn to support themselves. If we are determined to struggle against drugs, there is no problem that can’t be solved.
1. What is the best title of this passage?(Please answer within 10 words. )
2. Which sentence in this passage can be replaced by the following sentence?
More and more persons begin to take drugs every year.
3. Please fill in the blank in Paragraph 2 with proper phrases or words to complete the sentence. (Please answer within 5 words. )
4. Please give your opinion on drug-taking and the suggestions to get rid of it. (Please answer within 30 words. )
5. Translate the underlined sentence in the last paragraph into Chinese.
1.Problems caused by drug-taking and ways to solve them.
2.The number of people taking drugs is on the rise each year.
3.does great harm to
4.Drug-taking can do harm to the users, families and society. Everyone has the responsibility to broadcast the harm of drug-taking and fight against things related with drug-taking.
In modern society 1 is a great deal of argument about competition. Some value it highly, 2 (believe) that it is responsible for social progress and prosperity. Others say that competition is bad, that it sets one person against another, that it leads to unfriendly relationship 3 people.
I have taught many children who held the belief 4 their self-worth relied(依赖)on how well they performed at tennis and other skills. For them, playing well 5 winning are often life-and-death affairs. In their single-minded pursuit(追求)of success, the development of many other human qualities 6 (be)sadly forgotten.
However, while some seem to 7 (lose)in the desire to succeed, others take an opposite attitude. 8 a culture which values only the winner and pays no attention 9 the ordinary players, they strongly blame competition. Among 10 (much)vocal are youngsters who have suffered under competitive pressures from their parents or society.
7. be lost
10. the most
A. Foreign Teachers Wanted
The Education Department Of the Ladder Company is running an English course for children and wanting native-speaker English teachers.
1. Native English speaker,
2. University degree in education,
3. Foreign expert certification
B. Part-time work available:
We are looking for retired adults who would like to work for full-time guarding at the factory gate.
For more information contact us by calling 5562318.
C. Three cooks are needed by Three Stars Hotel.
Male, 20-30 years old
Salary:8000 yuan a whole month
Address:No. 23 The West Road
D. Five guides are wanted immediately.
Age:20-25 years old
Condition:with guiding experience
Salary:3500 yuan a month
E. A family nurse, female, called Yuesao in Chinese, is needed.
Full-time job:look after a baby of only one month.
Time:8:30 a. m. -11:30 a. m. , 2:30 p. m. -6:30 p. m.
Conditions:married, with nursing experience
Age:30-40 years old
Salary:2000 yuan a month with 4 days’ holidays
F. Advertisement for a secretary in today’s newspaper.
Female, 20-22 years old
Salary:1800 yuan a month with 4 days’ holidays
Address:No. 80 Zhongshan Road
______1. Zhang Xing My name is Zhang Xing. I’m 23 years old. I’m 170 cm tall. I’m healthy. I like swimming, singing and dancing in my spare time. I was trained in the Cook Center for a year. Then, I went to work in Nantong Restaurant. I am looking for a new working place.
______2. Li Wei I am Li Wei, 25 years old, famale, and unmarried. I am 1. 75 meters tall and I am healthy and strong. I graduated from Shandong Teachers’ University three years ago. I have been an English teacher in a high school since then. I’m good at English and my students like listening to me. I can also speak and write in French, and operate a computer and type very well. I would like to be a secretary very much.
______3. Li Tongli I am a 21-year-old girl, 1. 67 metres in height. As a graduate from Zhejiang Travel School, I speak not only putonghua, but also excellent English. Interested in Chinese history, geography and culture. Besides, I worked as a part-time guide for one year at school. I want to be a tour guide very much because I like traveling and meeting various kinds of people.
______4. Lin Zhaosen He is Lin Zhaosen, aged 65, once worked in a school. He is now retired. He is looking for a job.
______5. Li Guihua I am 35 years old. I have a son of 10 years old. I am out work now. I have been trained in the nursing center for a year, especially for looking after babies. I have won a lot of rich experience of nursing. I am looking for a job.
答案:1. C 2. F 3. D 4. B 5. E