13.爆炸_______v __________n 14.富有的，富裕的_______________
9.把--- ---告上法庭__________________ 10.失落的文明__________________
16.使--- ---发疯___________________ 17.状况良好的____________________
20.对--- --- 有深远的影响 ___________________
22.向--- ---抱怨--- ---_____________________
28.With so much work ___________ ________ _________ __________(有待于完成),I can’t spare you a minute.
29.I happened to see several houses _________ ________ wall paintings有壁画装饰的房间)
30.The moment he arrived home,he found his house ________ _________(被人闯进过)
31.________ ________ his accent,he coms from the north of the country.(据他的口音判断)
32.He discovered the _________(废墟) of the old city in the __________
1.The bomb e ,but fortunately nobody was injured.
2.The box didn’t s at once;it floated for a little while.
3.The terrible earthquake d most of the buildings within 10 minutes.
4.Father was very attentive(专心的)with his head b in a book.
5.She hasn’t been seen for four days and we are c for her safety.
6.I have used the computer for nearly five years,but it is still in good c .
7.What parents do has a great i on their children.
8.The old government was o and a new one replaced it.
9.Things __________ (逐渐)improved.
10.With so many things r__________ to be settled,the manager feel worried.
11.Who is the first one to have d__________ the continent of America?
12When giving a talk, you’re supposed to explain the why you are talking to the __________(观众) at the beginning.
13.Seven found the r_________of building buried under he sand,together with a lot of treasures.
14. It’s good to get back to __________(文明)after living in a tent in the remote area for two years.
15. The time bomb e__________ but nobody was injured.
16 The __________(历史的)place of interest receives millions of tourists every year.
17. The terrible earthquake d__________ most of the buildings within 20 minutes.
18. The __________(残留物) of lunch were still on the table.
19. After the meeting, they __________(宣布)to us all what had been decided.
20.U_____________,the old commercial centre was buried in the sand.
take over drive sb.mad carry out be concerned about in return for no more in use in good condition in memory of on board
1.The farmer was __________ by his cattle along the road.
2.Although the house was built many years ago,it is still __________.
3.They __________ experiments and finally find the solution to the problem.
4.Titanic sank with many people __________ after it banged into an iceberg.
5.You should act like a man.Anyway,you’re __________ a child.
6.We gave Peter a nice present __________ his cooperation.
7.After his father retired,Mark __________ the restaurant.
8.Bill fell down from his back and hurt himself,all of us ____________ his health.
9.The monument was built __________ the great navigator(航海家)Zheng He.
10.The boy likes playing games too much.His computer was always _____________ during the weekend.
1.The volcano erupted and lava，ash and locks _______ ______of it onto the _________countryside 火山爆发了,岩浆,火山灰喷射到周围的村庄.
2 ._________all the people____ _____ _____，and ______ _______ ______ _______
3.Today I saw the ancient city of Pompeii____ ___ _____ 2000 years ago。
4 He was poor but proud and ________every offer of help.拒绝接受
5.At last,they arived at the house __________ __________ wall paintins.装饰有壁画的房子
6. News reports say peace talks between the two countries have ____ ______with no agreement reached.据报道，这两国间的和谈破裂了，没有达成任何协议
7.____ _____ _____the Americans who died in the attack,a national memorial was built in pearl harbor just above the_____ ____ ___ _____ ____ ______..
He ______ _______ ________many soldiers ______ ______ ______ ______their cruel masters.
9. They want to _________a large forest in this area.砍倒
some of the ancient civilizations have disappeared, while otheres are________ _______ ______ ________ ________ _______
1. 能够代表我们班全体同学在这里讲话，我感到非常幸运。(feel lucky to)
2. 他是公认的大歌唱家。(be known as)
3. 他每星期去听两次关于外太空物理方面的讲座。(go to a lecture)
4. 不幸的是，全城的人都被活埋了，整座城市也被掩埋了。(be buried alive)
5. 我发现要和像他这样的一个人相处融洽不是件容易的事。(find it hard to do sth.)
6. 我们应该尽快采取行动来阻止这条河流受到污染。(prevent …from)
7. 这辆旧车给我添了不少麻烦。(cause + n. + n.)
8. 很难想象她一个人照顾五个孩子的艰辛。(It’s hard to imagine)
1.Not only you but also your sister __________ to cut the grass though you may hate doing it.
A.wants B.is wanted C.wantD.are wanted
2.Not he but I __________ wanted to do the job.
3.Neither you nor I,nor anybody else __________ content to live in such a lonely village.
4.I’d like to do something for you __________ everything you’ve done for me.
A.in exchangeB.in turn C.in return forD.in terms of
5.—It’s a good idea.But who’s going to __________ the plan?
—I think Tom and Grey will.
A.set aside B.carry out C.take inD.get through
6.After he graduated from college,he __________ his father’s business.
A.took in B.took up C.took overD.took on
7.—Is the patient’s health getting any better?
—Yes,his __________ has __________ improved.
A.situation;more thanB.condition;more or less C.case;no more D.health;no longer
8.Jane is one of the students in the class who __________ by their teacher.
A.are praisedB.is praised C.praisedD.praising
9.What the teacher said suggested that he __________ satisfied with our spoken English.
A.wasB.should be C.beingD.be
10. The lady said she would buy a gift for her daughter with the .
A. 20 dollars remained B. 20 dollars to remain
C. remained 20 dollars D. remaining 20 dollars
11.Mr.Li was made _________ manager of the company to _________ the duties of Mr.Zhang,who was retiring soon.
A.a;take upB.a;take over C./;take upD./;take over
12 A clean environment can help the city bid(申办)for the Olympics,which _________ will promote its economic development.
A.in nature B.in return C.in turnD.in fact
13.Mr.White,along with his assistants, _______ on the project day and night to meet the deadline.
A.workB.working C.is workingD.are working
14. A poet and artist _________ coming to speak to us about Chinese literature and painting tomorrow afternoon.
15 You may drop in or just give me a call. _________ will do.
16.I find the _________ of buildings _________ under the sand.
17.These two countries have a _________.They both have a high snowfall during winter.
18.They will give us the money _________ we pay it back within half a year.
A.on no conditionB.on condition C.under the condition D.on condition that
19.The house was completely _________ by fire.
20.If you don’t know the meaning of the word,you can _________ in a dictionary.
A.look it up B.look up it C.refer to itD.consult in
21.In _________ of the dead soldiers, _________ a grand was built on the spot of the great campaign.
A.memory;memory B.memorial;memorial C.memorial;memoryD.memory;memorial
22.Two middle-aged passengers fell into the sea. _________,neither of them could swim.
A.In factB.Luckily C.NaturallyD.Unfortunately
23.It is wise _________ you _________ go there.
A.of;to not B.of;not to C.for;to not D.for;not to
24.The water _________ cool when I jumped into the pool for morning exercise.
A.felt B.is felt C.was feltD.feels
25.The general manager would like to see the plan _________ by the end of the year.
A.carried awayB.carried on C.carried outD.carried off
26.The missing boy was last seen ____ near the river.
A. playing B. to be playing C. play D. to play
27.I feel ____ unwise to give a child whatever he or she wants.
A. that B. how C. it D. what
28. It is wise to have some money ____ for old age.
A. put away B. kept up C. given away D. laid up
29. He slipped into the room, without himself ____.
A. seen B. being seen C. seeing D. to see
30. He found the street much ____.
A. crowd B. crowding C. crowded D. crowdly
31. I think ___ necessary to learn English well.
A. its B. it C. that D. that is
32. Paul doesn’t have to be made ____. He always works hard.
A. learn B. to learn C. learned D. learning
33. You can’t have the horse _____ all the way. It’s too hot.
A. run B. to run C. running D. to be running
34. When I came back, I found the house _____ and everything _____.
A. was broken; took away B. broken into; taken away
C. had been broken; taken D. break into; take away
35.I heard that you were elected _____ this time.
A. monitor B. the monitor C. a monitor D. my monitor
36. When I came back, I found nobody ___. It was empty.
A. on B. out C. in D. away
37. The speaker raised his voice but still couldn’t make himself ______.
A. hear B. to hear C. hearing D. heard
38. For a time his grandmother found _____ accept his new idea.
A. hard B. it hard C. it hard to D. it is hard to
39. Tell him _____ the window.
A. to shut not B. not to shut C. to not shut D. not shut
40. ----There’s a hole in your bag.
---- I know, I’m going to have it _____.
A. mend B. mending C. mended D. to be mended
41. Though he had often made his little sister ____, today he was made
____ by his little sister.
A. cry; to cry B. crying; crying C. cry; cry D. to cry; cry
42. They would not allow him _____ across the enemy line.
A. to risk going B. risking to go C. for risk to go D. risk going
43. I found the door _____ when I got home.
A. opened B. close C. unlocking D. open
44. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle, but his mother told him ___.
A. not to B. not to do C. not do D. do not to
45. I couldn’t do my homework with all that noise____.
A. going on B. goes on C. went on D. to go on
46. With a lot of difficult problems_____, the newly-elected president is
having a hard time.
A. settled B. settling C. to settle D. being settled
47. I advised _____ at once.
A. him to starting B. him to start C. to starting D. to start
48. When I put my hand on his chest, I could feel his heart still ____.
A. beat B. to be beating C. beating D. was beating
49. You had better get a doctor _____ your bad tooth.
A. pull out B. to pull out C. pulled out D. pulling out
50. He managed to make himself____ with his____ English.
A. understand; breaking B. understand; broken
C. understood; breaking D. understood; broken
1. exploded 2. sink 3. destroyed 4 buried 5concerned 6condition 7. influence 8. overthrown 9.gradually 10..remaining 11discovered 12.audience 13.ruins 14.civilization 15.exploded 16.historical 17.destroyed 18.remains 19.declared 20 Unfortunately
1. driven mad 2. in good condition 3. carried out 4. on board 5. no more 6. in return for
7. took over 8are concerned about 9. in memory of 10. in use
1.poured out,surrounding 2 Unfortunately,were buried alive 3,as it was 4.turned down
5 decorated with 6.broken down 7.In memory of 8.was aware that,would rise up against
9.cut down 10.under the protection of the government
1.I feel lucky to represent our class to speak here.
2.He is known as a great singer.
3.He goes to a lecture on outer space physics twice a week.
4.Unfortunately, all the people were buried alive, and so was the city.
5.I find it hard to live in harmony with a person like him.
6.We should take action as soon as possible to prevent the river from being polluted.
7.This old car has caused me a lot of trouble.
8.It’s hard to imagine the difficulty that she has looking after 5 children
1-5：BBACB 6-10 CBAAD 11-15 DBCAA 16-20 CCDBA 21-25 DDBAC
26—30 ACABC 31—35 BBCBA 36—40CDCBC 41—45 AADAA 46—50 CBCBD