必修1 Unit 5 Nelson Mandela—a modern hero
1. The young heiress was so (大方的) that she gave all her money away in a couple of years.
2. Everybody knows that our director is very (忠诚的) to his wif e.
3. To keep fit, he is a in all kinds of sports.
4. As we all know, the People’s R of Korea is our neighbor.
5. It is said that he holds an important p in the government office.
6. The goods of this company are of good (质量). It is no wonder they sell so well.
7. All the (领导) of our city pay much attention to education.
8. As we all know, fighting is an act of (暴力).
9. The beautiful girl is very gentle, which shows she is an (有教养的) girl.
10. His efforts were (奖赏)with success.
advise/continue/educate/accept/lose heart/worry about
1. An educator must first himself.
2. I’ve received a gift from him, but I’m not going to it.
3. Don’t your test score because you have done your best.
4. The doctor me to take more exercise.
5. The team had won no games and it .
6. According to the weather report, the weather will fine till this weekend.
1. He will (被判死刑) for robbing a bank of our city.
2. The new mayor of our city will (上台) at the end of this month.
3. The thief (被关进监狱) for stealing a few expensive cars.
4. He seems to be more than thirty, but (事实上) he is only twenty-five.
5. It is reported that many people are (失业) in that country.
1. Men and women didn’t have rights by law in ancient time.
A. same B. ordinary C. equal D. confident
2. He is such a kind man that he is ready to help people .
A. in trouble B. at last
C. of course D. as well
3. —Anyone who is to play this role in the play please put up your hand. I don’t want to force (强迫) anybody.
—I think I .
A. fit; will be B. interested; do
C. ready; can be D. willing; am
4. I’m sure that this boy will be a great person in the future if he is well .
A. looked after B. educated
C. concerned about D. practiced
5. He was caught and sentenced for a dam on the river last year.
A. blowing up B. breaking down
C. moving away D. dropping off
6. People a monument to honor t hose people who devoted their lives to their country.
A. set out B. set down
C.set up D. set on
7. That man has been to death for his behaviors.
A. killed B. sentenced
C. voted D. allowed
8. I will never forget the time my brother and I stayed together on the farm last summer.
A. what B. which C. when D. in which
9. I’m sure I can complete in the coming three days.
A. myself duty B. my own’s duty
C. mine duty D. my own duty
10. During wartime, the religious leader was in Monahan for twenty years.
A. put in a prison B. put in the prison
C. put in prison D. put in prisons
11. —Dad, I plan to run a law in our town.
—Very good. Tell me more about your idea.
A. principle B. position
C. stage D. firm
12. —I don’t know if Tom will attend the party u ntil now.
—Really? , Tom is eager to do so.
A. In the end B. As a matter of fact
C. On purpose D. Believe it or not
13. As soon as he , he raised his own opinion about economy.
A. reached power B. arrived at power
C. came to power D. got to power
14. —How about going out for a walk?
A. What’s your opinion? B. I prefer it.
C. I agree. D. Good idea!
15. We advised they to build the bridge early.
A. start B. would start
C. started D. have started
Five years ago, Steven Gerrard fulfilled a boyhood dream when he was made captain of Liverpool, the football club he had supported all his life. As one of the best teams in the English Premier League, the captain’s armband weighed heavy on a player who had only turned 23.
But through a combination of individual brilliance on the pitch (球场) and a growing awareness of what being a skipper (队长) is all about, Gerrard has gone on to make the captain’s role his own.
He performed a rescue act for Liverpool by twice scoring as they came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against Hull City on December 13th. His efforts steered (带领) the team to the top of the Premier League.“It’s easy for me to say we’re a great team and the squad’s great,”said Gerrard.“The hardest thing is to actually go out there and prove it on the pitch. I call the Premier League the bread and butter and I’m desperate for the title.”
Liverpool enjoyed some real success during the five years when Gerrard has been captain of the club， they’ve been to two Champions League finals and an FA Cup final, winning two out of three. But Gerrard believes he has learned more from being a captain“when things haven’t gone too well”.
“You learn more from bad experiences really. Bad de feats, going out of competitions or failing short in the league, as captain, I feel more responsible, particularly when we get beaten,”he said.“I remember all those experiences and learn from all of that.”
Gerrard grew up watching Liverpool. He joined the club’s y outh academy as a school boy. He then had tryouts with various clubs at 14, including Manchester United, which he claimed in his autobiograph y (自传) was“to pressure Liverpool into giving me a contract.”He signed with the club in 1997.
Gerrard has dedicated his entire career to Liverpo ol and he is confident that the club will start another legend soon.“You just expect that dynasty to come,”he said.
1. The passage is mainly about .
A. Gerrard’s love of Liverpool
B. what kind of person Gerrard is
C. Gerrard’s latest performance on the pitch
D. Gerrard as captain of the Liverpool football club
2. From the text, we can see that .
A. Gerrard has outshone other captains of Liverpool
B. Gerrard did quite a good job in leading his team
C. Gerrrad intended to make the captain’s role his own
D. Gerrrad has been confident of being a captain since chosen
3. Gerrard admitted that he learned more from .
A. tryouts with various clubs
B. unsuccessful experiences
C. steering the team to the top
D. striving for the league title
4. From the last two paragraphs, we know that .
A. Gerrard compared Liverpool with other football clubs and finally decided on it
B. Gerrard was made captain soon after he signed with Liverpool
C. Gerrard believed the next season would be his dynasty
D. it was Liverpool that Gerrard had his eye on all along
DocumentsID card, passport
Clothessweater, coat, walking shoes
Articlesmedicine, umbrella, vacuum bottle(热水瓶)
Equipmentmobile phone, compass
Booksguidebook, map, magazine
Other thingscamera, CD player, Mp3