Module3 my first ride on a train 单元测试
第一部分 英语知识运用(共两节， 满分35分)
21. We all think it is a ____ match and we are all _____ at it.
A. disappointing, disappointing B. disappointed, disappointing
C. disappointed, disappointed D. disappointing disappointed
22. -- What happened?
-- I didn’t follow the _____ on the bottle and made a mistake.
A. instructions B. explanation C. text D. help
23. Our new library is _____ the old one.
A. four times as large as B. four times the size
C. four times the size larger than D. four times larger than that
24. Every worker _____ a good boss who is kind to them.
A. looks forward to have B. looks forward have
C. looks forward to having D. looks forward having
25. Most of the students in our class show a good _____ their study.
A. attitude on B. attitude to C. attitude of D. attitude in
26. --Shall we go to the art exhibition right away?
A. It’s your opinion B. I don’t mind C. It’s all up to you D. That’s your decision
27. He _____ in English last term. All the students admired him for it.
A. has made rapid progress B. made a rapid progress
C. made no progress D. made great progress
28. Sarah, hurry up. I’m afraid you won’t have time to _____ before the party.
A. get changed B. get change C. get changing D. get to change
29. Much of the power of the trade unions has been lost. _____, their political influence should be very great.
A. As a result B. As usual C. Even so D. So far
30. -- Come on, please give me some ideas about the project.
-- sorry, with so much work _____ my mind, I almost break down.
A. filled B. filling C. to fill D. being filled
31. I was surprised by her words, which made me recognize _____ silly mistakes I had made.
A. what B. that C. how D. which
32. “Things _____ never come again!” I couldn’t help talking to myself.
A. lost B. losing C. to lose D. have lost
33. -- You know Mr. Green has been ill for days.
-- Yes, I wonder if he is _____ better now.
A. some B. much C. any D. no
34. It is not rare in ____ that people in _____ fifties are going to university for further education.
A. 90s; the B. the 90s; \ C. 90s; their D. the 90s; their
35. We’ve _____ sugar. Ask Mrs. Jones to lend us some.
A. run out B. run short C. run out of D. run off
It was freezing outside my car and I did not want to get out of it. We were passing by a small shop when l noticed an old man 36 with cold. It was freezing that night. 37 here he was, seated in the comer, waiting for anyone who would give him a(n) 38 coin or a cup of hot tea.
l asked my husband to go over and 39 a packet of biscuits to this old man He looked into my husband’s face 40 and smiled. I felt so happy and 41 I prayed for him to live through the cold night.
I 42 to visit again and find out 43 he was the next day. I did so the next evening, and he was still there. 44 my car, the old mall came up to my 45 and smiled at me. I became 46 once more and this time I gave him a bag of food, which I brought with me 47 of finding him in the same spot. He 48 for the bag and I gave him my hand. He 49 my hand and said. “May God bless you. Thanks for your help.” With his cap on his head and the 50 of his hand and the smile on his face, he 51 me of my father.
At a closer 52 , I saw my father in this old man, waiting for anyone to show him some 53 or love. Maybe one day, it could 54 to one of us, so do not pass by a poor person without offering at least a word of 55 and a kind smile or an act of kindness of any kind.
36. A. standing B. shaking C. walking D. crying
37. A. Therefore B. Finally C. Instead D. However
38. A. new B. extra C. single D. remaining
39. A. buy B. hand C. throw D. order
40. A. seriously B. angrily C. carefully D. gratefully
41. A. in fact B. in addition C, in turn D. in all
42. A. agreed B. promised C. managed D. decided
43. A. where B. what C. how D. whom
44. A. Recognizing B. Following C. Stopping D. Leading
45. A. place B. window C. way D. seat
46. A. nervous B. happy C. excited D. sad
47. A. hope B. aim C. plan D. idea
48. A. looked up B. stood up C. reached out D. setout
49. A. accepted B. pulled C. touched D. held
50. A. size B. warmth C. power D. shape
51. A. reminded B. informed C. told D. convinced
52. A. appearance B. look C. inspection D. survey
53. A. favor B. respect C. support D. mercy
54. A. go B. appear C. exist D. happen
55. A romance B. admiration C. love D. passion
Adidas 1: Are you always happy with your shoes? When you walk on flat roads，your shoes might work well. But when you run or walk on rocky roads, your shoes might not work so well. Wouldn’t it be good if shoes knew when you were walking on flat or rocky ground? Well, Adidas l shoes do.
A small computer in the shoe can “think”. When you walk, the computer can feel what type of road it is walking on. The computer then makes the shoe go soft if it is on flat ground or hard if it is on rocky ground. The shoes cost us $250 a pair. You need to change batteries(电池) every 100 hours.
RipeSeme: Some people like eating crisp(脆的) pears. Some like juicy ones. It is hard to tell whether a pear is crisp or juicy just by looking at it. With RipeSense you can tell when pears are good for eating. It tests the smells let out by the fruit. It also looks at the Pear’s colour. The colour red means it is crisp. Orange means that the pear is hard. Yellow means it is juicy. Now everybody can eat their favourite type of pear. RipeSense was invented by HortResearch in New Zealand.
56. What can Adidas 1 do?
A. It can walk by itself. B. It can change itself on different roads.
C. It can make lots of money. D. It can save batteries.
57. RipeSense can tell _______.
A. what colour a pear is B. how to eat a Pear
C. whether a pear is crisp or not D. where it is invented
58. The computer in the shoes is used to _______.
A. communicate with the wearer B. show if you are walking in the right direction
C. show the price of the shoes D. judge the road conditions
59. Which of the following is true according to the second part of the passage?
A. It’s not easy for people to know whether a pear is to their taste.
B. An orange pear means it is juicy.
C. RipeSense doesn’t sell well in the world.
D. With RipeSense people can choose whatever fruits they like•.
60. The best title for this passage is ________.
A. Pears in New Zealand B. Computerized Shoes
C. Two Interesting Inventions D. Better Ways to Pick Fruit
Do your children enjoy interesting stories, funny games, and exciting dances? Captain Good fellow will be ready to teach all these things to children of all ages at the City Theatre on Saturday morning at 10:10, free.
Walking Tour of the Town
Forget your worries on Saturday morning.Take a beautiful walk and learn about local history. Meet at the front entrance of City Hall at 9:30. Wear comfortable shoes!
Films at the Museum
Two European films will be shown on Saturday afternoon at the Museum Theater. See Broken Window at 1:30. The Workers will be at 3:45. For further information, call 4987898.
Are you tired of eating the same food every day? Come to Central Park on Saturday and enjoy food from a11 over the world. Delicious and not expensive. Noon to 5:00 P•M.
Do You Want to Hear ‘"The Zoo"?
“The Zoo", a popular rock group from Australia, will give their first U.S. concert tomorrow night at 8:00 at Rose Hall, City College.
61. You can probably eat Chinese, Italian, and Arab food ______.
A. at the front entrance of City Hall B. at the ball game
C. at 5:00 p.m. D. at Central Park on Saturday
62. You can see movies at ______.
A. the City College B. the Museum Theater C. the City Theater D. the Central Park
63. “The Zoo” is _______.
A. a park with lots of animals there B. a U.S. concert
C. a music group D. going to give the concert at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow
64. If some students hope to enjoy funny games, they should _______.
A. take a walking tour of the town B. join in the international picnic
C. go to the city theater D. book the ticket in advance
65. The best title of the passage should be ________.
A. Special Events of the Weekend B. Where to Eat at the Weekend
C. Sightseeing at the Weekend D. Where to Spend Your Holidays
Are you happy with your teeth? Becea, a 15-year-old girl from the US is not. She decided her teeth needed to be whiter. “They weren’t that bad, but 1 wanted to make them all the same colour.” she said.
In the last five years, teeth whitening has become very popular among young Americans. Now the trend(潮流)has come to China. If you turn on the TV you can see the Hong Kong pop star Karen Mok showing her bright white teeth, saying. “Want to be like me? Use white teeth strips(牙贴)!” You may even have decided to buy one.
But wait a minute. Dentists have something to say. They think that kids should not use whitening products until they are 1 6 or even older.
“We don’t know what will happen yet," says Dr. Nasrin Azim, a dentist in Chicago. “Studies have not been done on young people. I wouldn’t do teeth whitening on anyone under 18.”
The problem with whitening lies in the pulp(牙髓), the innermost(最深处的) part of the tooth. It has the tooth’s nerve ending. When we eat very hot or cold things, it’s the pulp that hurts. Kids have larger pulps. The larger pulp might make teeth more sensitive(敏感的) to whitening and get hurt.
Another problem is that the gums(牙床) around the teeth usually change shape with age. So if someone whitens his or her teeth during childhood, the darker, natural colour might show later around the gum line. At that time, your teeth will show two colours. And the darker colour is difficult to whiten.
So, wait another few years before you make your teeth whiter. Or if you really want to do it, ask your dentist. They’ll give you useful advice.
66. The underlined word dentist most probably means _______.
A. someone who is experienced in health care
B. someone whose job is to examine and treat people’s teeth
C. someone whose job is to examine and treat people’s nerve
D. someone doing studies on young people
67. This passage mainly talks about _______.
A. how to whiten your teeth B. the new trend of whitening teeth
C. Americans with white teeth D. dentists’ advice on teeth whitening
68. When we eat hot or cold food, the pulp hurts because ______.
A. it is inside the teeth B. it is sick
C. it is rich in nerves D. it is not used to this kind of food
69. What may happen if children do teeth whitening according to dentists?
A. Their teeth may show two colours later.
B. Their gums may change shape with age.
C. Their teeth may get darker.
D. They may lose their teeth.
70. We can infer from the passage that _______.
A. dentists 1ike very much the idea of teeth whitening
B. more and more people in China will get their teeth whitened
C. it’s necessary for children to whiten their teeth -
D. teeth whitening will certainly bring good results to people
第一部分 阅读表达 (共5小题;每小题3分，满分15分)
When someone has deeply hurt you, it can be extremely difficult to let go of your anger. But forgiveness(宽恕)is possible—and it can be surprisingly helpful to your physical and mental health. Indeed, research has shown that people who forgive more energy, better appetite(胃口)and better sleep patterns. “People who forgive show less anger and more hopefulness,” says Dr. Fred eric Luskin, who wrote the book Forgive for Good. “So it can help save on the wear and tear on our system and allow people to feel more energetic.”
___________, calm yourself first. Take a couple of breaths and think of something that gives you pleasure; a beautiful scene in nature, someone you love." Don"t wait for an apology. “Many times the person who hurt you may never think of apologizing.” says Dr. Luskin. “They may have wanted to hurt you or they just don’t see things the same way. So if you wait for people to apologize, you could be waiting a very long time.’’ Keep in mind that forgiveness does not necessarily mean accepting the action of the person who upset you. Mentally going over your hurt gives power to the person who brought you pain. Instead, learn to look for the love, beauty and kindness around you. Finally, try to see things from the other person’s perspective(视角). You may realize that he or she was acting out of ignorance(无知), fear—even love. To gain perspective, you may want to write a letter to yourself from that person’s point of view.
71. What’s the best title of the passage? (within 10 words)
72. Which sentence in the passage can be replaced by the following one?
Forgiveness does good to you both physically and mentally.
73. P1ease fill in the blank with proper words or phrases to complete the sentence in the second paragraph. (within 10 words)
74. According to the writer，what is the right way to calm down after being hurt? (within 10 words)
5.Translate the underlined sentence in the last paragraph into Chinese.
请以My favorite teacher为题写一篇不少于80字的文章。
71 why and how to pardon others.
72. But forgiveness is possible- and it can be surprisingly
helpful to your physical and mental health.
73.So when someone has hurt you.
74. Think about pleasant things and forget about the hurt.
My favorite teacher is my English teacher, She is an ordinary-looking short woman., but her excellent teaching skills and positive attitude towards life make her stand out among all the teachers. She is enthusiastic about teaching and she never gets tired of trying different kinds os teaching methods. Everybody in the school is moved by her deep and selfless love for her students. Besides, to us students, she is more than a teacher as she often teaches us something that we can’t learn from books. In a word, she is such a helpful and nice teacher that words fail to express my thanks to her.