1. Whose birthday is it today?
A. Mary’s B. Mike’s C. David’s
2. What’s the relationship(关系) between the two speakers?
A. Husband and wife B. Customer and assistant(服务员) C. Classmates
3. What is the woman going to do?
A. Pick up Jack B. Take her son to school C. Attend an important meeting
4. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Mother and son B. Boss and worker C. Teacher and student
5. Where does this conversation most likely(最可能) take place?
A. In a supermarket B. In a restaurant C. At home
6. What kind of weather does the woman like?
A. Cold B. Warm C. Cool
7. What does the man want to do?
A. Open the window B. Turn on the air-conditioner(空调) C. Use the oven(烤箱)
8. Where is the railway station?
A. In the northeast of the city B. In front of Rose Restaurant C. in the southeast of the city
9. Which bus goes to Rose Restaurant?
A. The No.8 bus B. The No. 4 bus C. The No. 15 bus
10. What are the two speakers talking about?
A. A meal B. A job C. An interview(采访)
11. —Do you know the most ancient city in China—Xi’an well?
—No, this is the first time I ________ here.
A. came B. have come C. am coming D. come
12. I don’t think she is a wise woman; I am _____ her empty talk.
A. grateful for B. tired of C. interested in D. worried about
13. —Who called just now, Sam? —It’s Terry. She asked _____.
A. that Alice was in B. if was Alice in
C. if Alice was in D. whether was Alice in
14. You can never imagine what great difficulty I had ________ his parents.
A. finding B. of finding C. to find D. about finding
15. He was told that it would be at least three more months ____ he could recover and return to work.
A. when B. before C. since D. that
16. —Have you finished your experiment report, Jane?
—Oh, my God. I’ve _____ forgotten all about that.
A. strongly B. really C. entirely D. freely
17. I really don’t like the way _______ she speaks to her parents.
A. that B. when C. which D. what
18. Is it in Zhou Qu _____ the terrible mudslide happened two months ago, killing more than one thousand people?
A. where B. when C. which D. that
19.—How long _____ you ______ here? —About a week. Afterwards I will go to Beijing.
A. are; staying B. has; stayed C. did; stay D. do; stay
20. The reason why he was late was ________he missed the train.
A. why B. which C. that D. how
21. 7. The teacher asked us __________ so much noise.(2003北京)
A. don’t make B. not make C. not to make D. not making
22. Alice trusts you; only you can _____her to give up the foolish idea.
A. insist B. advise C. suffer D. persuade
23.-Sorry I didn’t break the plate______. -It’s OK. Don’t worry about it.
A. on purpose B. no longer C. at present D. as usual
24. We study several subjects, _______ Chinese, maths, English and so on.
A. for example B. such as C. such like D. in example
25. It seems that most people ________watching football games to playing it.
A. like B. prefer C. enjoy D. love
Soon it would be the holidays, but before that, there were final 26 . All the kids had been working hard for some time, reviewing their 27 . If they didn’t pass the exams, they would have to 28 them in September. There were usually a few who __29 , but Jane didn’t want to be one of them. She had worked hard all year, but she was working so hard that her mother 30 her. She went to bed too late. The night before the big day, her mother 31 that she should have an early night and take a sleeping pill. She promised to 32 her up in the morning.
Jane was too 33 to fall asleep. Her mind kept jumping from subject to subject. At last, the 34 did work. In no time at all, she was sitting in the examination hall, looking at the paper, but she couldn’t answer 35 of the questions. Everyone 36___ her was writing pages and pages. 37 , she couldn’t find anything to write about. From time to time she looked at her 38 .
Time was running 39 . There was only an hour to 40 . She started one question, wrote two sentences, 41 and tried another. With only half an hour left she wrote 42 two sentences. By this time she was so worried that she started 43 . Her whole body shook. It shook so much that she woke up. She was still in bed and it had all been a terrible 44 . A minute later, 45 called her name.
26. A. harvests B. exams C. reports D. papers
27. A. exercises B. jobs C. books D. lessons
28. A. take B. write C. attend D. do
29. A. cheated B. succeeded C. passed D. failed
30. A. cared for B. felt proud of C. worried about D. thought highly of
31. A. insisted B. agreed C. promised D. allowed
32. A. ring B. wake C. bringD. pick
33. A. sad B. tired C. happy D. nervous
34. A. dream B. pill C. suggestionD. music
35. A. all B. none C. anyD. some
36. A. ahead B. behind C. in the front ofD. around
37. A. Unless B. However C. Though D. As
38. A. watch B. paper C. teacher D. book
39. A. up B. down C. out D. over
40. A. run B. leave C. remain D. go
41. A. gave out B. gave up C. put off D. put out
42. A. another B. more C. other D. the other
43. A. thinking B. dreaming C. crying D. writing
44. A. exam B. dream C. story D. night
45. A. her mother B. her teacher C. a classmate D. a friend
The best way of learning a language is using it. The best way of learning English is talking in English as much as possible. Sometimes you’ll get your words mixed up(混合) and people will not understand you. Sometimes people will say things too quickly and you can’t understand them. But if you keep your sense of humor(幽默感)，you can always have a good laugh at the mistakes you make. Don’t be unhappy if people seem to be laughing at your mistakes. It’s better for people to laugh at your mistakes than to be angry with you, because they don’t understand what you are saying. The most important thing for learning English is “Don’t be afraid of making mistakes because everyone makes mistakes.”
46. The writer thinks that the most important thing for you to learn a language is ______.
A. reading B. practicing C. talking about it D. listening
47. What should you do in learning English?
A. Try to make some mistakes. B. Avoid(避免) making mistakes.
C. Remember as many new words as you can D. Use it as often as you can
48. If people laugh at the mistakes you make, you should ________.
A. be angry with them B. be angry with yourself
C. not care D. believe you are right
49. When you make a mistake, you should _______.
A. never make any mistakes again B. tell others not to make the same mistake
C. punish yourself for making it D. keep your sense of humor
50. The story tells us: “__________.”
A. It is normal (正常的) that we make some mistakes in learning English
B. Everyone must make mistakes
C. We can avoid making mistakes in learning a language
D. Laughing can help one learn English well
Miss Gogers taught physics in a New York school. Last month she explained to one of her classes about sound, and she decided to test them to see how successful she had been in her explanation. She said to them, “Now I have a brother in Los Angeles. If I was calling him on the phone and at the same time you were 75 feet away, listening to me from across the street, which of you would hear what I said earlier, my brother or you and for what reason?”
Tom at once answered, “Your brother. Because electricity travels faster than sound waves.” “That"s very good,” Miss Gogers answered; but then one of the girls raised her hand, and Miss Gogers said.“Yes, Kate.”
“I disagree,” Kate said. “Your brother would hear you earlier because when it"s 11 o"clock here it"s only 8 o"clock in Los Angeles.”
51. Miss Gogers was teaching her class_________.
A. how to telephone B. about electricity C. about time zone(时区) D. about sound
52.Miss Gogers raised this question because she wanted to know whether______.
A. it was easy to phone to Los Angeles
B. her student could hear her from 75 feet away
C. her students had grasped(掌握) her lesson
D. sound waves were slower than electricity
53.Tom thought that electricity was _________.
A. slower than sound waves B. faster than sound waves
C. not so fast as sound waves D. as fast as sound waves
54. Kate thought Tom was wrong because _______.
A. clocks in Los Angeles showed a different time from those in New York
B. electricity was slower than sound waves
C. Tom was not good at physics at all
D. Tom"s answer had nothing to do with sound waves
55.Whose answer do you think is correct according to the law of physics(物理学原理)?
A. Tom"s B. Kate"s C. Bath A and B D. Neither A nor B
Traveling by train is usually not easy in China. It can be hard to get a ticket. When you’re traveling to the railway station you look at your watch, afraid you will miss your train.
But there is good news for people traveling between Beijing and Shanghai. Construction (建设) on the express railway (高速铁路) between the two cities started just before the Spring Festival of 2008. When it is finished by 2013, taking a train will be as easy as taking a bus.
“There will be trains every several minutes. Buying a ticket, getting through the checkpoint (检查站) and taking your seat, will take just 10 minutes,” said an engineer.
There may be high-speed trains running at 350 kilometers an hour. The travel time between the two cities will decease from 10 to about 5 hours. The trains will carry twice the present number of passengers.
The new line will be 1,318 kilometers long and go across specially built bridges. It will run along side the present line(现铁路线). There will be 21 stations in Hebei, Tianjin, Shandong, Anhui and Jiangsu.
“The cost of traveling by the express railway may be around 800 yuan. That will be more expensive than an ordinary train, but cheaper than by air.” said Zhang Xiaoling, a Jiangsu government official.
According to Zhang, the higher price is caused by the large cost of the railway project. At about 200 billion yuan, the project may be even more expensive than the Three Gorges Project (三峡工程).
56. The express railway between Beijing and Shanghai will be finished _______.
A. at the end of this yearB. before the Spring Festival of 2008
C. after 2013D. in about 5 years
57. Before taking your seat, you should _____ with your ticket.
A. buy a ticketB. get through the checkpoint
C. pack your thingsD. make some friends
58. The word “decrease” in the passage possibly means _________ in Chinese.
A. 延长B. 缩短C. 提速D. 限速
59. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Traveling by train is usually difficult in China because tickets are too expensive.
B. The high-speed trains will have 21 stations in Hebei, Tianjin, Shandong, Hunan and Jiangsu.
C. Tickets for the high-speed trains will be cheaper than those for planes.
D. The cost of the express railway project is as high as that of the Three Gorges Project.
60. What can be the best title of the passage?
A. An express railway B. Train tickets will get more expensive
C. Specially built bridges D. Beijing—Shanghai express railway
If you have mice in your house, you are not alone. ____61____ Having mice doesn’t mean your house is dirty. It is one of the challenges of every house owner.
When we are trying to catch a mouse, the first that comes to our mind is a mouse trap(夹子). ___62___ Mice travel along walls for safety. Don’t touch the trap too much because you will leave your smell on it.
___63___ Usually, mice will not visit your house when they hear there is a cat inside. It will also help you fight against the mice.
Be careful when using poison(毒药) to kill the mice. ____64____ It’s dangerous because the mice may touch your food and pollute it.
Mice can get into the houses through tiny holes. The best way to have a mouse-free house is to close any possible entry(入口).
___65___ If there is nothing there for them to eat, they won’t possibly stay.
A.Keep a cat as a pet in your house.
B.Cheese is the favorite food of mice.
C.Every house may have mice for some reason.
D.Leave the poison out of your children’s reach.
E.Don’t leave even a small piece of food outside.
F.It will kill them, but you may not be able to find the dead mice.
G.Put a small piece of cheese under the trap, and put it near the wall.
第四部分： 书面写作 (共两节，20分)
66. Go _ ___(直)ahead, and you will find the shop.
67. He ___ ____(从病中康复)last week , which made me happy.
68. The local people took a friendly ___ ____(态度)to us.
69. _____ ___(判断) from his appearance, the manager must be over fifty.
70. Then _____ ___ (逐渐地) English became less like German.
71.He is as ___(固执的) as a donkey. No one can persuade him to change his mind.
72. By the Internet, we can ___(交流) with people all over the world.
73. Though I haven’t met him for many years, I could ______(辨认出) him immediately when I saw him in the crowd.
74. I am ____(坚决的) to change my job. No one else can change my mind.
75. Tom ____(不理睬) the doctor’s advice and went on smoking..
例句 He are a boy. ______is______
He is ∧ boy. ∧ a
He does is a boy. does
76. More than one graduate in our school have been sent to the west since last year.
77. He had almost no difficulty work out the problem.
78. The manager asked his men not waste any more time.
79. They have been on love with each other for ages.
80. It was the first time that I have seen Mr. Black.
81. Geography plays a part of making dialects. .
82. He didn’t come to school this morning because of he was ill. _________
83. We should make full use time to learn English well. _________
84. Ann drank too many cold water this morning, so she feels bad now. _________
85. We’re going to do some shopping. Will you join in us?