1. The little girl _________ go out alone at night.
A. dared notB. dares notC. dare not toD. don’t dare
2. Sorry I can’t go with you --- something has just _____________.
A. come aroundB. come overC. come upD. come back
3 ___________ of Chinese Emma has!
A. What a good commandB. How a good command
C. What good commandsD. How good command
4. Both men had hardly had time to ______________ what had happened when they were thrown violently into the sea.
A. recognizeB. realizeC. understandD. mean
5. My friend asked me _______________ for my holiday.
A. where I would chooseB. which place I would choose
C. what would I chooseD. that I would choose
6. Do you think the President will __________ to the terrorists’ (恐怖分子的)demands?
A. give upB. give inC. give awayD. give off
7. _____________ by the number of cars, there were not many people at the club yet.
A. To judgeB. Judged
C. JudgingD. Having judged
8. It ________ in this new hall ________ was just set up last month ________we held an important meeting yesterday.
A. is; where; thatB. was; which; what
C. is; that; whichD. was; which; that
9. --- What’s the noise?
--- Oh, I forget to tell you. The new machine __________ now.
A. has been testedB. was testedC. is being testedD. will be tested
10. The cow _________ by the fire rushed out into the street.
A. frighteningB. frightenedC. was frightenedD. be frightened
11. He is one of the most excellent students in our class, and he always _______ himself in his studies.
A. leavesB. hidesC. coversD. buries
12. I can never forget the days ________ we worked together and the days _______ we spent together.
A. when; whichB. which; whenC. what; thatD. on which; when
13. Emma was much disappointed to see the washing machine she had had _______ went wrong again.
A. it repairB. it repairedC. repairedD. to be repaired
14. I ________________ him to give up smoking, but he wouldn’t listen to me.
A. persuadedB. managed
C. tried to persuadeD. suggested
15. Which sentence has a different meaning from the others?
A. Not all the shops here sell drinks to teenagers.
B. All the shops here don’t sell drinks to teenagers.
C. Teenagers can’t buy drinks from every shop here.
D. Teenagers can’t buy drinks from any shop here.
ACABB BCDCB DACCD