1. Let Harry play with your toys as well, Clare, you must learn to_________.
A. support B. care C. spare D. share
2. It was at 5 o’clock ______ the visitors finally arrived at Pudong International Airport.
A. when B. that C. before D. after
3. Iraq has _________ too many wars since 1990, making his people ______ a lot.
A. got through; pay B. looked through; face
C. gone through; suffer D. passed through; destroy
4. Pack up the items you’d like ______ along and leave behind those you dislike ______ with you on your journey.
A. to take; to take B. taking; taking C. to take; taking D. taking; to take
5. ----- How many times have you been to China?
----- In fact, it is the first time I _________ here.
A. was B. am C. had been D. have been
6. There was ______ time _____ Chinese used foreign oil.
A. a; when B. a; whileC. /; whenD. /; while
7.I cannot spend ________ money on the car which is ________ expensive for me.
A. too much; much too B. far too; too much
C. much too; too much D. too many; much too
8.In order to make progress in English, ________.
A.it is necessary to buy a dictionary
B.a dictionary is necessary
C.a dictionary needs to be bought
D.I will buy a dictionary
9.-Have you finished your experiment report, Jane?
-Oh, my God. I’ve _______ forgotten all about that.
A. stronglyB. extremelyC. entirelyD. freely
10. The mother asked her son ____________.
A. what did he do the day before B. where did he find his lost wallet
C. What time he got up that morning D. that if he had finished his homework
11.----- Look! The telephone is broken. Someone damaged it _____ purpose.
-----That may be right. But perhaps it was broken _______ accident.
A. on; by B. by ;by C. on; on D. by; on
12. His wife told him __________ put it on her hand.
A. don’t B. not to C. didn’t D. to not
13. The recent rainy weather which we haven’t met with only _________ our difficulties.
A. added to B. came to C. got close to D. added up to
14. The flight to London was delayed ___________ the bad weather, which made my life worried.
A. because of B. because C. since D. instead of
15.—I’m Albert Smith.
—________. I’m Robert.
A.It’s my pleasure B.What a pleasure
C.I’m very pleased D.Pleased to meet you
DBCCD AADCC ABAAD