必修3 Unit 3 The Million Pound Bank Note
1.Oliver believes that with a million pound bank note a man could survive a month in London .
2. I’m afraid I don’t quite follow you,sir.
3. You mustn’t think we don’t care about you
4. The fact is that I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand.
5. That’s why we’ve given you the letter.
1. Someone is ringing the doorbell . Go and see _______ .
A. who is he B. who he is
C. who is it D. who it is
2. The reason is ___ he is unable to operate the machine.
A. because B. why
C. that D. whether
3. My sister told him ________ .
A. what day was it
B. when the train arrived
C. who she was waiting
D. where did you live
4. Does anybody know _____we will have a sports meeting this weekend or not .
A. if B. where C. whether D. that
5. It is generally considered unwise to give a child_______ he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever
C. whichever D. wherever
6. Please tell me _______.
A. what does he like
B. what he does like
C. what he likes
D. what he like
7. The problem is _______ he has enough time.
A. if B. whether C./ D. that
8. That’s ___ the Party called on us to do.
A. why B. what C. how D. that
9. I remember_______ this used to be a quiet village.
A. how B. when C. where D. what
10. He says that if it _______ tomorrow , he _______ fishing .
A. will rain , won"t go
B. rained , wasn"t go
C. rains , won"t go
D. rain , will go
1. _______________ (我听说)he joined the army.
2.______________________ (我怀疑)he will succeed.
3. Pay attention to _____________________ (医生说些什么).
4. Do you know______________________ (他什么时候会来)?
5. Did she say__________________________ (我们应该怎么做这个工作)?
1. We want to know that they can speak English.
2. His brother asks when will he go to the library .
3. The reason why he was late was because he was caught in a traffic jam.
4. My mother asked what was the matter with me.
5. That is widely believed that smoking can cause cancer.
Mr Robinson had to travel somewhere on business, and as he was in a hurry, he decided to go by air. He liked __1_ a window when he was __2__, so when he got onto the plane, he __3__ a window seat. He __4__ that all of them had already been taken __5_ one, and there was a soldier sitting in the seat beside this one. Mr Robinson was __6__ that he had not taken the one by the window, but, anyhow, he at once went towards __7__.
When he __8__ it , however, he saw that there was a notice on it. It was written __9__ink and said , “This is reserved for proper load balance. Thank you. ” Mr. Robinson had never seen such a notice in a plane __10__, but he thought that the plane _11__ be carrying something particular heavy in __12__ baggage room which made _13__ necessary to have passengers properly balanced, so he walked on and __14_ another empty seat, not beside the _15__, to sit in.
Two or three other people tried __16_ in the window seat beside the soldier, but they, too, __17__ the notice and went on. Then, when the plane was nearly full, a very beautiful girl stepped into the plane. The soldier, who was __18__ the passengers coming on, quickly took the notice off the seat beside him and __19__ that way succeeded in __20__ the company of the girl during the whole of the trip.
1. A. besideB. on
C. nearly D. far from
2. A. travelingB. sitting
C. flying D. sleeping
3. A. foundB. looked for
C. noticed D. searched
4. A. foundB. looked for
C. sawD. observed
5. A. besidesB. except
C. expect D. except for
6. A. gladB. pleased
C. surprised D. surprising
7. A. it B. one
C. them D. her
8. A. get toB. arrived
C. got D. reached
9. A. byB. with
C. in D. of
10. A. pastB. then
C. agoD. before
11. A. mayB. must
C. would D. should
12. A. her B. plane
C. itsD. it’s
13. A. thatB. this
C. it D. everything
14. A. see B. seeing
C. finding D. found
15. A. oneB. window
C. soldier D. girl
16. A to sitB. sitting
C. to seat D. seating
17. A. watched B. saw
C. read D. found
18 . A. seeing B. watching
C. seenD. watched
19. A. in B. by
C. on D. for
20. A. failing B. having
C. missing D. helping
1.One of the most important questions they had to consider was ________of public health. (09 全国I)
A. what B. this C. that D. which
2. The last time we had great fun was ______we were visiting the Water Park. (2008 天津)
A. where B. how C. when D. why
3. People in chongqing are proud of ________they have achieved in the past ten years. (2008重庆)
A. that B. which C. what D. how
4. When asked _____they needed most ,the kids said they wanted to feel important and loved.(2008湖南)
A. what B. why C. whom D. which
5.The seaside here draw a lot of tourists every summer. Warm sunshine and soft sands make ____it is.(2007 天津)
A. what B. which C. how D. where
6.Choosing the right dictionary depends on ________you want to use it for. (2007江苏)
A. what B. why C. how D. whether
7. Why not try your luck downtown, Bob ? that’s _____the best jobs are.(2007浙江)
A. where B. what C. when D. why
8. --Are you still thinking about yesterday"s game?
--Oh, that"s _____.(NMET&2003北京春季)
A. what makes me feel excited
B. whatever I feel excited about
C. how I feel about it
D. when I feel excited
9. At first he hated the new job but decided to give hinself a few months to see _____ it got any better. (09 北京)
A.when B.how C.why D.if
10. Could I speak to ______ is in charge of International Sales please? (09 全国I )
A.who B. what C. whoever D.whatever
1.宾语从句 2.宾语从句3. 宾语从句4. 表语从句5. 表语从句
1. I heard (that) 2. I doubt whether/if 3. what the doctor said 4. when he will come 5. how we should do the work
1. that---whether 2. will he ---he will 3. because---that 4. was the matter---the matter was 5.That---It
1—5 ACBAB 6—10 CADCD
11—15 BCCDB 16—20 ACBAB