1. The meeting was concerned _____ reforms and everyone present was concerned _____ their own interests.
A. for; about B. with; with C. with; for D. about; with
2. We knew he was very sad from the _____ on his face when hearing the news.
A. looking B. appearance C. expression D. sight
3. ——Jack, what do you do at the weather station?
—— I _____ the temperature, at 8 and 12 o’clock every day in the notebook. A. set about B. set out C. set up D. set down
4. On Christmas Eve, we put up some balloons to _____ the festival atmosphere. A. make for B. add up C. add to D. join in
5. —— Did the policeman let you in? —— No, _____ I told him who I was.
A. if B. as if C. as though D. even though
6. It was along the Mississippi River _____ Mark Twain spent much of his childhood.
A. how B. which C. that D. where
7. With a local guide _____ the way, they had no trouble _____ out of the forest. A. leading; walk B. led; walk C. leading; walking D. leads; walking
8. What surprised me was not what he said but _____ he said it.
A. the way which B. in the way that C. the way D. in the way
9. The policeman asked _____ with the old woman.
A. what the matter was B. what was the matter
C. what was the wrong D. what matter was
10. _____ the moonwalk, I’ll remember my pop icon — Michael Jackson.
A. When I thinking B. When thinking of C. When thinking D. When thought of
11. —— Do you know anyone in Paris? —— No. I’ll make friends once _____. A. I’m settled B. I have settled C. I’ll be settled D. I’m settling
12. Facing the emergency, we were at a loss and none of us could _____ a solution to the problem.
A. come about B. come out C. come up D. come up with
13. His command was that we _____ immediately.
A. started off B. had started off C. start off D. would start off
14. ——What do you think of the Chinese language today?
——Quite popular. It _____communicating with other countries. More and more foreign friends are learning Chinese now.
A. is based on B. gets along well with
C. plays an important role in D. is made use of
15. —— Why did the teacher get angry? —— _____ what we had done the day before. A. For B. Because C. As D. Because of
1-5 CCDCD 6-10 CCCBB 11-15 ADCCD