1. — Shall I give you a hand with this as you are so busy now?
— Thank you. _______.
A. Of course you canB. If you likeC. It’s up to youD. It couldn’t be better
2. Experts think that ______ recently discovered painting may be ______ Picasso (毕加索).
A. the; ×B. a; theC. a; ×D. the; a
3. This is the first time we ______ a film in the cinema together as a family.
A. sawB. had seenC. have seenD. see
4. It’s always the husband who ______ first when a quarrel breaks out between the young couple.
A. gives inB. gives awayC. gives outD. gives off
5. The girl preferred ______ at home ______ to the park with her mother.
A. to read; to goingB. reading; to going
C. to reading; rather than to goD. reading; to go
6. I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long, but it’ll still be some time ______ Kate gets back.
A. sinceB. tillC. beforeD. after
7. The money collected should be made good use ______ the people in Sichuan Province who suffered a lot in the earthquake.
A. of helpingB. to helpC. to helpingD. of to help
8. The teacher told us ______ so much noise.
A. don’t makeB. not makeC. not to makeD. not making
9. — Have you ______ him to give up the job?
— Yes, I have. But he doesn’t listen to me.
A. persuadedB. advisedC. agreedD. suggested
10. Mr. White ______ at 8: 30 for the meeting, but he didn’t show up.
A. should have arrived B. should arrive
C. should have had arrivedD. should be arriving
11. He commanded that the students ______ the classroom before he returned.
A. didn’t leaveB. wouldn’t leaveC. not leaveD. couldn’t leave
12. It was in this lab ______ they did the experiment.
A. whichB. ×C. thatD. where
13. This novel was concerned ______ the Second World War, while most teenagers are more concerned ______ the hero’s love story.
A. with; aboutB. with; atC. for; aboutD. about; with
14. Mr. Brown is ______ a teacher to us, we look on him as our friend.
A. not more thanB. no more thanC. less thanD. more than
15. The frightened thief hid himself in the dark corner of the yard, ______, staring at the open door.
A. quiet and cold B. quietly and coldly C. quiet and coldly D. quietly and cold
DDCAB CDCBA CCADA