必修三 Unit 4 Astronomy the science of the stars
Period Three Discovering useful structures
1._____ he said at the meeting surprised us greatly. 【what】
2. It has been found ____plastics can be widely used in industry. 【that】
3. It worried her a lot _________her wallet was lost. 【that】
4. Can you tell me________ that man was? 【who 】
5. I wonder ____we can do about the problem of pollution. 【what】
6. I know nothing about her but___ she is from Canada. 【that】
7. The reason why he has been such a success is___ he never gives up. 【that】
8.___is troubling me is ___I don’t have any experience in this kind of work. 【what;that】
1.Drinking too much ________ your health.
A. is harm to B is harmful to C. does harmful to D. harm to
2. _____that your daughter is well again, you no longer have anything to worry about.
A. Since B. Now C. As D. Because
3. He _______his hang on my shoulder.
A. laid B. lay C. lied D. lain
4. ---It’s your turn _____the text, Tom.
---I’m sorry I can’t recite it.
A. reciting B. to recite C. recited D. recite
5. When and where we _____the meeting ______still a problem.
A. have; are B. shall have; is C. had; is D. will have ; are
6. It worried her a bit _______her hair was turning grey.
A. while B. that C. if D. for
7._____she will be given the job is still under discussion.
A. Whether B. That C. If D. What
8. ______is a main subject is known to everybody.
A. English B. That English C. The English D. What English
9. The support of the students_____ the losing team and they played harder, so in the end they won the game.
A. brought up B. cheered up C. grew up D. turned up
10. They lost their way in the forest, and _____made matters worse was that the night began to fall.
A. it B. what C. which D. that
11. No one can prevent the plan ______.
A. from carrying out B. to carry out C. being carried out
D. to be carried out
12.This book is _______for a seven-year-old child to read.
A. too much difficult B. too more difficult C. much too difficult
D. more too difficult
13. The fact is ____computers are of great aid to the development of science and technology.
A. whether B. how C. that D. what
14. He is sure to learn how to repair the computer____ if he continues working hard.
A. in time B. on time C. over time D. at one time
15 People can’t afford expensive things___ the prices of daily goods going up.
A as B for C with D since
16. It is reported that the united states uses____ energy as the whole of Europe.
A as twice B. twice much C. twice much as D. twice as much
17.----How long are you staying? ----I don’t know _____
A That’s B Never mind C It depends D It doesn’t matter
18The camera isn’t missing. It’s still____ where I ____ it a month ago.
A lies; lay B lies; laid C lays; lay D lays; laid
19. That’s the best way you thought of ____into dangerous areas.
A stopping people to get B to stop people getting
C keeping people getting D preventing people to get
20.Just because of his own carelessness, he was made to do it ____time.
A the second B a second C second D a twice