1.Nobody knows the man killed in the accident, so it is difficult for the police to find out his _____
A. thoughtB. heightC. weightD. identity
2. My hometown has changed so much that I can’t _____ it.
A. knowB. understandC. recognizeD. realize
3. The engine of the ship was out of order and the bad weather ______ the helplessness of the crew at sea.
A. added to B. resulted from C. turned out D. made up
4. Since Margot found it difficult to settle in a new place, she felt ___ that the family had to move.
A. upset B. crazy C. happy D. easy
5.Quite a number of world famous paintings ______ on show in this exhibition.
A. are B. is C. be D. was
6. We discussed where to go for a whole morning, but we decided to stay at home_____.
A. at the end B. by the end C. in the end D. on end
7. It is so nice to hear from her, _______, we last met more than 30 years ago.
A. what’s more B. that’s to say C. in other words D. believe it or not
8. -He asked Tom, “Have you finished your homework?” -He asked Tom _________.
A. if had he finished his homework. B. whether he had finished his homework.
C. if he had finished homework. D. if you had finished your homework.
9. He realized she was crying ________ what he had said.
A. because B. because of C. as D. since
10. —I’m sorry. I ______ at you the other day.
—Forget it. I was a bit out of control myself.
A. shouldn’t shout B. shouldn’t have shouted
C. mustn’t shoutC. mustn’t have shouted
11. Everything was perfect for the picnic ______ the weather.
A. in place of B. as well as C. except for D. in case of
12. _____about the safety of her son, John’s mother looked upset.
A. concerning B. concerned C. to concern D. concern
13. --- How are you _______ with your study at present? --- very well.
A. getting in B. getting over C. getting along D. getting together
14. It was the first time that they ________ to think about what use could be ____ the waste things.
A. have begun; made up B. had begun; made from
C. had begun; made of D. began; made out
15. I can’t spend _____ money on the car which is _____ expensive for me.
A. too much; much too B. far too; too much
C. much too; to much D. too many; much to
DCAAA CDBBB CBCCA